• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A rare occurence from God

kjw47

I understand English very well, it's the watchtower/witness confused speaking I don't understand!

Really, then why do you keep referring to the, 99%?

It has always been 99%--no man can make that # either--How many 99%--no one has a clue to the actual #--Thus no one has a clue to the actual # of 1%

kjw47

Okay...so it wasn't just me.

I think it might help if KJW could detail this comment a bit more and explain how (or in what manner) this was responsive to your post.

She keeps saying Jesus is part of a trinity--I show her FACT that says she is in error.

kjw47

I mentioned a lot more than "two false reasonings" from the Watchtower KJW. Which ones can't you understand, and if they were not God's will why did your Organization teach them as truth from God?

The bible is very clear about those who prophesize "error". Here are some of them again. If you don't mind I'd like to discuss 1925

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"--"So does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? . . . This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197). (See Deut. 18:21.)
  • 1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914," (Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262).
  • 1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1923, p. 106).
  • 1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year," (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1925, p. 3).
  • 1925 "It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated, the thought that 1925 should see an end to the work," (Watchtower, Sept., 1925, p. 262).
How did 1925 go from something "definitely settled by the Scriptures" to a work by Satan? Why would God have his "true" Organization preach 1925 as something taught by Him? Why would the "false" religion of "Christendom" teach 1925 was bogus? Shouldn't it have been the other way around?

And why would Jehovah Witnesses later claim 1925 was the result of the elect "stumbling out of Christendom" when 1925 was a doctrine never taught or imagined by "Christendom"?

Lastly, why is it you can only answer one question incompletely at a time? If there is a focal problem it might help if you would ask us to limit posts to single points.

As it is I think posters are becoming increasingly frustrated with a perceived lack of clarity, focus, and responsiveness in your replies which can only make one wonder why you started this thread.

Responses like this:

Are certainly not helping to make your point.

Dead men you are speaking of from 1925--It is now 2018--try living in it--God does--He does not hold ones past against them if they make correction( repent)--neither do his followers--Why are you?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You can keep saying that until you are blue in the face--Facts of Israelite ot God worship history= a trinity NEVER existed.

You are thinking trinity as of men's definition not god and definitely not scripture.

Read it in full and address the post.

Do you understand what a relationship means?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
She keeps saying Jesus is part of a trinity--I show her FACT that says she is in error.

If you actively read my post, you will find that your definition of the trinity is not the same as scripture.

This comment is not true based on scripture. Step back from your own definition and focus on scripture.

Then WE can talk from there.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Have you read the bible?
Noahs day--99.9% mislead
Israel fell over and over= 99% mislead
Jesus, apostles Christians-murdered= 99% mislead
These last days=? the same.

You could be part of that 99% thats the point.

Oh.. that.. and

Post the scriptures you already quoted and explain how I am wrong based on those scriptures. Pick one and stick to that.

Oeste

Dead men you are speaking of from 1925--

No, it was the Watchtower that spoke of dead men rising in 1925, not me. They chastised "Christendom" for not preaching this cherished "truth" remember?

But if everyone living in 1925 is dead then everyone living in 1914 is dead also. Is this correct?

Does this mean God's prophet, the Watchtower Organization, was wrong about 1914 and 1925 while "Christendom" was correct? How can that be? Did the prophets of Baal and Asherah prevail at Mt. Carmel? Did Elijah tell them "When I spoke for God I spoke in error"??

It is now 2018--try living in it--God does--He does not hold ones past against them if they make correction( repent)--neither do his followers--

So everyone who claimed Jesus appeared invisibly in 1919 and chose your Organization as the earth's sole exclusive prophet to preach 1914, 1925, 1940, 1975 and 2000 are no longer in your Organization or have passed away?

Are they still claiming your Organization was chosen in 1919 to preach these things, or have they "repented" and now claim your Organization wasn't exclusively chosen at all?

Why are you?

Because they told us our salvation depends on obeying them, since they are the "voice of God":

"It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision." Watchtower 1957 Jun 15 p.370

"The point is that Christians have implicit trust in their heavenly Father; they do not question what he tells them through his written Word and organization." Watchtower 1974 Jul 15 p.441

"Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book. Many persons of the world are very intelligent, capable of understanding complex matters. They can read the Holy Scriptures, but they cannot understand their deep meaning."" Watchtower 1973 Jul 1 p.402​

“Your attitude toward the wheatlike anointed “brothers” of Christ and the treatment you accord them will be the determining factor as to whether you go into “everlasting cutting-off” or receive “everlasting life”. Watchtower 1981 Aug p. 26​

I'm just wondering why the "voice of God" needs "correction". Obviously, if God spoke it, and they "corrected" it, then they are false prophets. No man can "correct" God's word.

Likewise if God did not speak it, and yet they spoke it, they are false prophets because that is what scripture tells us:

9 My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and who give lying divinations. They shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord God. (Ezekiel 13)​

Obviously you still have people in your Organization who "speak with the voice of God" yet speak in error:

awake-1995.jpg

Have these people who told us our Creator promised a "peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away" been purged from your Organization or are they still guiding it?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Summary comment

No. This is wrong.
If you read my posts, you will see I am not saying that

Jesus is not god
Jesus is not the holy spirit
Jesus is the son of god

If you disagree with this I would honestly be shocked

Jesus is perfect
God is perfect
The spirit of god is perfect

If not, show me the scripture​

They all share something in common; they have a relationship

Do they?
If they do not, show me the scripture​

Jesus has a relationship with god
God has a relationship with jesus.
The spirit is the tie between god, and son, and christian

If not, show me the scripture​

And meaning:

1 and 1 is 2 (your example not mine)
Not 1 is 1 is 2

Trinity means relationship between three people.

If not, show me scripture​

A. What is the trinity to you?
B. Is it the definition of man?

C. Repeat your scriptures with commentary to show how I am wrong rather than repeat it as if your belief will turn into fact. Not talking about authenticity

Support your points

With scripture​

And

Commentary

You can repeat your objection all you want but if there is no scripture with commentary, your points are arguing against the wind with no support.

Scripture with commentary

Last edited:

djhwoodwerks

Have you read the bible?
Noahs day--99.9% mislead
Israel fell over and over= 99% mislead
Jesus, apostles Christians-murdered= 99% mislead
These last days=? the same.

Ahh, I see, the 8 people that went into the ark was .1% of the population on the world at that time, and how do you know that?

Israel was 99% of the world population in their time, how do you know that?

How do you know how many Apostles and Christians were murdered to come up with 99% misled?

Muffled

Jesus in me
@kjw47 When a person is disfellowshipped it isn't for a lack of faith. It usually isn't because the person has no hope. It isn't because the person doesn't love Jehovah or Jesus or the other people. It is because in the opinion of the governing body and the elders, the person has behaved unrighteously. But, please look at the scripture again!

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Do you see that righteousness remains?

But, a person gets disfellowshipped because the elders selfishly think that they know the righteous remain.

Matthew 7:22

I believe I don't agree. I had a form of disfellowship from a non-JW church and I believe the people still love me but they felt that my opinions ere counterproductive to their opinions and they were not about to admit they were wrong. When I said they ought to listen to what the Bible says, they in essence said their opinion of the Bible was better than what the Bible says.

kjw47

You are thinking trinity as of men's definition not god and definitely not scripture.

Read it in full and address the post.

Do you understand what a relationship means?

If Israel did not serve a trinity god--it does not exist.
Everyone knows what a relationship is.

kjw47

What??

No

Creator
Son
Spirit

They arent in scripture?

They dont link up :eek:

What do you think the trinity is???

The trinity was made up at the councils of Catholicism. Councils held because they did not know truth. No trinity was being taught at the first council of Nicea, it was added later.
The greeks were refusing to go to a religion with a single God. As well they wanted their pagan celebrations and practices--these got turned into Christmas and Easter.

kjw47

If you actively read my post, you will find that your definition of the trinity is not the same as scripture.

This comment is not true based on scripture. Step back from your own definition and focus on scripture.

Then WE can talk from there.

Facts prove 100%--no trinity ever existed.

kjw47

You could be part of that 99% thats the point.

Oh.. that.. and

Post the scriptures you already quoted and explain how I am wrong based on those scriptures. Pick one and stick to that.

Only those living now to do Jesus' Fathers will get to enter his kingdom( Matthew 7:21)--and Jesus shows there clearly not all calling on the name of the Lord will make into that kingdom. Yet they all believe.
Any can be apart of the 99%--Satan is a gazillion x smarter than any mortal--He knows exactly which buttons to push. Not all who try will make it.

kjw47

No, it was the Watchtower that spoke of dead men rising in 1925, not me. They chastised "Christendom" for not preaching this cherished "truth" remember?

But if everyone living in 1925 is dead then everyone living in 1914 is dead also. Is this correct?

Does this mean God's prophet, the Watchtower Organization, was wrong about 1914 and 1925 while "Christendom" was correct? How can that be? Did the prophets of Baal and Asherah prevail at Mt. Carmel? Did Elijah tell them "When I spoke for God I spoke in error"??

So everyone who claimed Jesus appeared invisibly in 1919 and chose your Organization as the earth's sole exclusive prophet to preach 1914, 1925, 1940, 1975 and 2000 are no longer in your Organization or have passed away?

Are they still claiming your Organization was chosen in 1919 to preach these things, or have they "repented" and now claim your Organization wasn't exclusively chosen at all?

Because they told us our salvation depends on obeying them, since they are the "voice of God":

"It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision." Watchtower 1957 Jun 15 p.370

"The point is that Christians have implicit trust in their heavenly Father; they do not question what he tells them through his written Word and organization." Watchtower 1974 Jul 15 p.441

"Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book. Many persons of the world are very intelligent, capable of understanding complex matters. They can read the Holy Scriptures, but they cannot understand their deep meaning."" Watchtower 1973 Jul 1 p.402​

“Your attitude toward the wheatlike anointed “brothers” of Christ and the treatment you accord them will be the determining factor as to whether you go into “everlasting cutting-off” or receive “everlasting life”. Watchtower 1981 Aug p. 26​

I'm just wondering why the "voice of God" needs "correction". Obviously, if God spoke it, and they "corrected" it, then they are false prophets. No man can "correct" God's word.

Likewise if God did not speak it, and yet they spoke it, they are false prophets because that is what scripture tells us:

9 My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and who give lying divinations. They shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord God. (Ezekiel 13)​

Obviously you still have people in your Organization who "speak with the voice of God" yet speak in error:

Have these people who told us our Creator promised a "peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away" been purged from your Organization or are they still guiding it?

Christendom lives in darkness--they are rarely correct about anything--Catholicism translating has them all mislead. Only Catholicism translating remained when the protestants translated. They did not have a clue as to what was truth by then. No one was allowed to read the bible for nearly 1000 years after the councils were held. It was kept in latin all that time. Only upper clergy were allowed to read the bible back then.