• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question to a situation that happen yesterday.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

That depends how you interpret a sudden bright light and a voice from nowhere... We live in a technology driven world and expect such. 2000 years ago you cannot put the same complacency on people

ChristineM

Premium Member
Not in the New Testament and I would hardly say that @Seeker of White Light would be a person that God would need to smite (if we were in the Old Testament) - he has a great heart.

So you are indicating god of the OT and god of the NT are different gods or maybe realised what an ******* he was back then.

Yes he does have a good heart. That never stopped the god of the bible though

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That depends how you interpret a sudden bright light and a voice from nowhere... We live in a technology driven world and expect such. 2000 years ago you cannot put the same complacency on people
Yes.. it is easy to make that say something it didn't like "he was pushed off the horse"

ChristineM

Premium Member
Yes.. it is easy to make that say something it didn't like "he was pushed off the horse"

I never said he was pushed. But can you truly imagine the fear of such an event? O mean without the bias to paper over the harsh bits?

PureX

Veteran Member
You ask a difficult question in the OP. A materialist will of course look for ordinary explanations. A non-materialist will allow for other things to be the cause. Engaging my psychological training, what I would focus on is not the event itself but the meaning you attach to it and the lessons you draw from it.
This was my thought as well. Life is full of mysteries; it's how we interpret and respond to them that matters. I would remain mystified, but also skeptical. There's no reason I would have to presume a solution. Nor that I'd have to reject the implied lesson (not to invite I'll will toward anyone into my heart/mind). Such mysteries keep life interesting.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Was anyone passing in the opposite direction? If so maybe this person dislikes your style of dress and barged into you, if they shift their shoulder at the same moment to increase the force of the collision it can be very hard.

I have had similar happen when walking with my ex boyfriend, a terrific shoulder/arm thump from someone i had not even noticed pushed me and my ex into a shop window that luckily didn't break. I can only assume the guy was a racist jerk.

Ok. Ive read more of the thread, a witness nut no perpetrator, in that case. I have no idea
There was only one person around me, more than 20 feet away

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Consider the fact that whenever anything at all happens, you are always thinking about something.

Why would there have to be a connection between inner thoughts and an external event now as opposed to every other time anything happens while you are awake (and thus thinking about something)?
I don't have an answer to what happen

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I don't have an answer to what happen

That's not an answer to the question asked.

I didn't ask you how it happened. I didn't even ask you what happened.

I merely asked why you think there is a link between the external event and your thoughts at the time of the event this particular time around, while you don't assume any such links in every other second of your daily life.

Every time an external event occurs, you are thinking about *something*.
To assert, or suggest or assume, a causal link between the thought and the event... don't you think there should be something more to that then simply the assertion / assumption?

Just now I was thinking that I might use a bathroom break and suddenly there was thunder followed by rain.
Should I draw similar conclusions? That the rain is somehow related to my need to tinkle?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's not an answer to the question asked.

I didn't ask you how it happened. I didn't even ask you what happened.

I merely asked why you think there is a link between the external event and your thoughts at the time of the event this particular time around, while you don't assume any such links in every other second of your daily life.

Every time an external event occurs, you are thinking about *something*.
To assert, or suggest or assume, a causal link between the thought and the event... don't you think there should be something more to that then simply the assertion / assumption?

Just now I was thinking that I might use a bathroom break and suddenly there was thunder followed by rain.
Should I draw similar conclusions? That the rain is somehow related to my need to tinkle?
It could be someone sendt from God, it could be just a non spiritual experience.
I have no answer, I honestly do not know what to think of it.

Psalm23

I don't know @Seeker of White Light . Maybe some kind of spiritual experience. A family member of mine had once felt something that would not leave her alone when she was trying to sleep. She got up and the door was unlocked. I have never heard of someone experiencing what you described.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I just cant explain the nudge, nor the sudden move to the side (6 feet) :oops::confused: without me moving my feet to the side o_O
Could be a big energy jolt of "God", to acknowledge He knows you get crappy thoughts, and giving you an incentive to work on getting rid of such crappy thoughts.

Since I do my best to follow "God", the most amazing tricks "God" performs to let me know He knows, thereby motivating me to work harder Spiritual I assume, but could be also just His Grace. Being electrical engineer "God" loves to let my digtal clocks move anti clockwise if I make mistakes.

I love it when these things happen.

And you know what is said
"Take 1 step towards God, then God takes 100 steps towards you"

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Could be a big energy jolt of "God", to acknowledge He knows you get crappy thoughts, and giving you an incentive to work on getting rid of such crappy thoughts.

Since I do my best to follow "God", the most amazing tricks "God" performs to let me know He knows, thereby motivating me to work harder Spiritual I assume, but could be also just His Grace. Being electrical engineer "God" loves to let my digtal clocks move anti clockwise if I make mistakes.

I love it when these things happen.

And you know what is said
"Take 1 step towards God, then God takes 100 steps towards you"
You describe how it feels to me :)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
You describe how it feels to me :)
And have Faith that your explanation is the correct one. Because only you know what it means, because "God" Granted you His experiece

Here on RF, many people will interpret your experience as coincidental or try to interpret with Science, thereby taking the "magic" from your experience away

Hence, understandably the Wise advise us to not share our experieces immediately, esp. not with people who don't believe in God and miracles. Better is to ask God what it means, giving God the opportunity to contact you again:)

It's okay to share if you contemplated a few month about it, and derived all (most) benefits from God's Gift. And then nobody can take your magic away anymore

I usually wait at least 1 year, before I share personal experiences. I did not wait that long at first, but after reading the advice of the wise, I thought it might be the wisest thing to do. Makes sense too, because I rather figure it out myself what it means. Sometimes it takes me (many) years to understand all the lessons God gave by Granting His little gem to me. Usually their are multiple lessons to be found even. Divine experiences are usually genius

Just enjoy them

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I never said he was pushed. But can you truly imagine the fear of such an event? O mean without the bias to paper over the harsh bits?
I'm sure it was quite impactful... so impactful that he gave his life to Jesus Christ, was born again, received a calling on his life and impacted the world.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And have Faith that your explanation is the correct one. Because only you know what it means, because "God" Granted you His experiece

Here on RF, many people will interpret your experience as coincidental or try to interpret with Science, thereby taking the "magic" from your experience away

Hence, understandably the Wise advise us to not share our experieces immediately, esp. not with people who don't believe in God and miracles. Better is to ask God what it means, giving God the opportunity to contact you again:)

It's okay to share if you contemplated a few month about it, and derived all (most) benefits from God's Gift. And then nobody can take your magic away anymore

I usually wait at least 1 year, before I share personal experiences. I did not wait that long at first, but after reading the advice of the wise, I thought it might be the wisest thing to do. Makes sense too, because I rather figure it out myself what it means. Sometimes it takes me (many) years to understand all the lessons God gave by Granting His little gem to me. Usually their are multiple lessons to be found even. Divine experiences are usually genius

Just enjoy them
I agree with you :) it was a personal experience and even negative coments can't take away what the experience means to me.