• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question to a situation that happen yesterday.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This one i have no clue how to interpret :oops:

I was walking and as usual I think a lot when I walk...it was a dry pavement and no sand on it....in that moment i had a bad thought about a person i know, and I felt a pretty hard nudge in my left side, and I dont mean just one part like in my shoulder, but all of my left side of the body, from the shoulder to my feet. In the next moment i found my self on the opposit side of the road :confused: it was at least 6 feet apart from where I had been when I had this bad thought of an other person...

I just cant explain the nudge, nor the sudden move to the side (6 feet) :oops::confused: without me moving my feet to the side o_O

Any clue?
And please, no joking or non serious answers.

Psalm23

I was walking and as usual I think a lot when I walk...it was a dry pavement and no sand on it....in that moment i had a bad thought about a person i know, and I felt a pretty hard nudge in my left side, and I dont mean just one part like in my shoulder, but all of my left side of the body, from the shoulder to my feet. In the next moment i found my self on the opposit side of the road :confused: it was at least 6 feet apart from where I had been when I had this bad thought of an other person...

I just cant explain the nudge, nor the sudden move to the side (6 feet) :oops::confused: without me moving my feet to the side o_O

Any clue?

Maybe you felt you were observing yourself but felt a bit detached? I have experienced that myself. Do you think the negative thought could have just been random or intrusive? You can't help what thoughts pop up.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Maybe you felt you were observing yourself but felt a bit detached? I have experienced that myself. Do you think the negative thought could have just been random or intrusive? You can't help what thoughts pop up.
The thoughts was unfortunately on purpose :oops:, i had a bad moment of a conscious thought that should not have happen. To me personally the nudge means "watch your mind, and be conscious of being good to all"

But it could of course be coincidences that exactly at the moment my mind slip and thinking bad thought I feel a nudge. :confused:

Psalm23

The thoughts was unfortunately on purpose :oops:, i had a bad moment of a conscious thought that should not have happen. To me personally the nudge means "watch your mind, and be conscious of being good to all"

But it could of course be coincidences that exactly at the moment my mind slip and thinking bad thought I feel a nudge. :confused:

Sounds like a guilt nudge perhaps. Could you have been offended by the person perhaps?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sounds like a guilt nudge perhaps. Could you have been offended by the person perhaps?
I was not personally offended, no :)
But this person had created a problem for a friend of mine. And my bad thought may have come from knowledge of what had happen.

I just dont understand the sudden 6 feet move, when my feet did not move that way at all.
Is it really possible that my own thought moved me :eek:.

And yes I do have a witness to it, confirming that I did move to the right without any obviously reason.

Viker

Häxan
I'm curious. Was the "bad thought" somewhat aggressive? Like, you wanted to punch them, or like that?

Viker

Häxan
No :) the thought was "what a crappy **** head he is"
To me that is a very unwanted thought to have in my mind.
Oh. Okay.

Maybe it was a deep psychological thing. You were repulsed by a genuine negative thought and had a neurological response. It'd be easier to call it that if there was an aggressive tint to it. But seeing how you're mild mannered. That sort of response is possible.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Oh. Okay.

Maybe it was a deep psychological thing. You were repulsed by a genuine negative thought and had a neurological response. It'd be easier to call it that if there was an aggressive tint to it. But seeing how you're mild mannered. That sort of response is possible.
Actually i had that thoughts about it too. As an example.
It could have been my subconsiousness that acted.

I have been more in connection with my subcconsiousness lately

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You ask a difficult question in the OP. A materialist will of course look for ordinary explanations. A non-materialist will allow for other things to be the cause. Engaging my psychological training, what I would focus on is not the event itself but the meaning you attach to it and the lessons you draw from it.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

Any clue?
There is a being in my life who communicates with me by touching my body

Touching the left of my body means "yes" and touching the right means "no"

I think that the being who communicates with me may have been communicating with you!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You ask a difficult question in the OP. A materialist will of course look for ordinary explanations. A non-materialist will allow for other things to be the cause. Engaging my psychological training, what I would focus on is not the event itself but the meaning you attach to it and the lessons you draw from it.
Yes, the meaning of it is most important. Why did it happen just in the moment of a bad thought

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
There is a being in my life who communicates with me by touching my body

Touching the left of my body means "yes" and touching the right means "no"

I think that the being who communicates with me may have been communicating with you!
To be honest:) i do not think I can intepret it this way.
I do not know what being you are in contact with, but the sign i do get through a day is very different than what you describe.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

Any clue?

I'm a little confused...

You were nudged right 6 feet, yet to the 'opposite side of the road' Must be a really
narrow road? Was this a sudden/forceful nudge? Hard enough to make you fall
had you not yielded ? Were you aware of any... how do I put this... presence?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm a little confused...

You were nudged right 6 feet, yet to the 'opposite side of the road' Must be a really
narrow road? Was this a sudden/forceful nudge? Hard enough to make you fall
had you not yielded ? Were you aware of any... how do I put this... presence?
Walkway may be a better description.
It was a gentle but firm nudge that moved all of me without any stumbeling or movement of my feet to the right.
I was just moved...and the person witness it say it looked wierd.

I don't understand it my self

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Walkway may be a better description.
It was a gentle but firm nudge that moved all of me without any stumbeling or movement of my feet to the right.
I was just moved...and the person witness it say it looked wierd.

I don't understand it my self

I would say, and now I'm not an expert at this, that your guardian angel
(if you believe in such things) decided to literally derail that train of thought.

I have had a... really weird and personal encounter with what I assume was mine.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
(if you believe in such things) decided to literally derail that train of thought.

I have had a... really weird and personal encounter with what I assume was mine.
I can not be sure if Guardian Angel is the term i use, but that it was a messeage of some sort, that it could have been :)

Gargovic Malkav

Care to tell more about this?
Or would you rather keep it to yourself?