• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A question to a situation that happen yesterday.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This one i have no clue how to interpret :oops:

I was walking and as usual I think a lot when I walk...it was a dry pavement and no sand on it....in that moment i had a bad thought about a person i know, and I felt a pretty hard nudge in my left side, and I dont mean just one part like in my shoulder, but all of my left side of the body, from the shoulder to my feet. In the next moment i found my self on the opposit side of the road :confused: it was at least 6 feet apart from where I had been when I had this bad thought of an other person...

I just cant explain the nudge, nor the sudden move to the side (6 feet) :oops::confused: without me moving my feet to the side o_O

Any clue?
And please, no joking or non serious answers.
It sounds like a classic case of preoccupation. It happens on occasion.

Reactions: DNB

Brian2

Veteran Member
I was not personally offended, no :)
But this person had created a problem for a friend of mine. And my bad thought may have come from knowledge of what had happen.

I just dont understand the sudden 6 feet move, when my feet did not move that way at all.
Is it really possible that my own thought moved me :eek:.

And yes I do have a witness to it, confirming that I did move to the right without any obviously reason.

Does the witness say that you just moved with no movement of your legs? Is that what you mean by "without any obvious reason?.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I was walking and as usual I think a lot when I walk...it was a dry pavement and no sand on it....in that moment i had a bad thought about a person i know, and I felt a pretty hard nudge in my left side, and I dont mean just one part like in my shoulder, but all of my left side of the body, from the shoulder to my feet. In the next moment i found my self on the opposit side of the road :confused: it was at least 6 feet apart from where I had been when I had this bad thought of an other person...

I just cant explain the nudge, nor the sudden move to the side (6 feet) :oops::confused: without me moving my feet to the side o_O

Any clue?

Was anyone passing in the opposite direction? If so maybe this person dislikes your style of dress and barged into you, if they shift their shoulder at the same moment to increase the force of the collision it can be very hard.

I have had similar happen when walking with my ex boyfriend, a terrific shoulder/arm thump from someone i had not even noticed pushed me and my ex into a shop window that luckily didn't break. I can only assume the guy was a racist jerk.

Ok. Ive read more of the thread, a witness nut no perpetrator, in that case. I have no idea

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Any clue?
If I thought I'd had such an experience, the first thing I'd do is check whether any nearby security camera captured it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Why did it happen just in the moment of a bad thought

Consider the fact that whenever anything at all happens, you are always thinking about something.

Why would there have to be a connection between inner thoughts and an external event now as opposed to every other time anything happens while you are awake (and thus thinking about something)?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

Any clue?

We would call that a spiritual attack by a evil spirit being. The combination of an instant an evil thought along with the shove...

ChristineM

Premium Member
We would call that a spiritual attack by a evil spirit being. The combination of an instant an evil thought along with the shove...

Wow, thats telling him. How about a spiritual attack by a NOT evil bring in an attempt to derail his evil though?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Yes. It looked like I was moved from one place to 6 feet away.

I used to notice or think I noticed that when I had what could be called bad thought, something would happen, such as not noticing a low branch and it hitting me in the face. A friend of mine also said similar things seemed to happen to him.
Your situation seems to be one in which it would seem more likely that a spirit was involved. I do not know the reason.
I don't think it is going to make it into any scientific journal, it is just anecdotal after all even if you have a witness.
I wonder if it would have any effect on the thinking of sceptical thinkers on this forum.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Walkway may be a better description.
It was a gentle but firm nudge that moved all of me without any stumbeling or movement of my feet to the right.
I was just moved...and the person witness it say it looked wierd.

I don't understand it my self

Not in our faith. God doesn't "attack" ... He leads.
Gentle doesn't sound like an attack

Kenny

Premium Member
Unless you are Saul on the road to Damascus of course. :)
:) Thought I would look that up :)

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

No... God didn't shove... Saul fell and then God spoke and Saul became Paul. Don't think that matches the situation.

Kenny

Premium Member
Gentle doesn't sound like an attack
" I felt a pretty hard nudge in my left side, and I dont mean just one part like in my shoulder, but all of my left side of the body, from the shoulder to my feet. In the next moment i found my self on the opposit side of the road :confused: it was at least 6 feet apart from where I had been when I had this bad thought of an other person..."

That doesn't sound so gentle... :)

RestlessSoul

:) Thought I would look that up :)

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

No... God didn't shove... Saul fell and then God spoke and Saul became Paul. Don't think that matches the situation.

God came unbidden, and knocked Saul off his horse. Almost the very definition of a rude awakening, I’d have thought.

ChristineM

Premium Member
" I felt a pretty hard nudge in my left side, and I dont mean just one part like in my shoulder, but all of my left side of the body, from the shoulder to my feet. In the next moment i found my self on the opposit side of the road :confused: it was at least 6 feet apart from where I had been when I had this bad thought of an other person..."

That doesn't sound so gentle... :)

From what i have read god does a lot of smiting and other violence to non believers