• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A possible solution--end to Israel\Palestine conflict

james dixon

Premium Member
On the internet I found a solution to the Israel/Palestine conflict

Visit this site and then let's discuss solutions

www.universalknowledge.net

Or

"Love the stranger as thyself"

Google either and then let’s let the discussion/debate begin

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The site is one thing - badly colored on my browser and focused on the Bible which is not of interest to me.

But the basic thesis that love is the answer is one I endorse and agree with.

Ellen Brown

Or

"The Late Great Planet Earth". A book about prophecy that was popular in the early 70's. The author is said to have been embroiled in plagiarism accusations and I do not know how that came out. You can still but it, and it was popular in Evangelical Circles, though there has been a lively debate on some of its premises at times. If you are just starting out, it is a nice place to start, not that I advocate losing sleep over it.

The general approach is that eventually, we'll have a world leader that gets shot in the head but does not die. He brings 3 1/2 years peace to Israel, and then someone attacks them. Then all the Israelites are hidden in a huge cavern under Israel. Doing all this from memory and probably missing things.

Ellen Brown

Went to look at that page. You are right, the colors are not fun.

I think the work is quite old, at least 15 years, and the author is quite condemning of Israel.

My philosophy is that God has a handle on it, and what he said would happen, will happen.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
There is only one solution to hatred and violence......LOVE.

Do you see that happening between these people any time soon? When you teach your children to hate, you just perpetuate the problem.

Every conflict in the world has the same basic cause. It isn't rocket science.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Or

You would figure if that was actually the solution it would be implemented by now.

Not that in itself , it is a bad thing, it's just that it's not a realistic approach.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh wow, another anti-Semitic website.

What a surprise.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The Palestinians are a conquered people, they will never get their land back (at least, not with out the lost of countless lives on both sides). They should accept their fate and work to secure a lasting peace for their people.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Oh wow, another anti-Semitic website.

What a surprise.

@james dixon has been parroting that website, word for word, for quite awhile. Perhaps it is his website, perhaps not. I don't know.

The recent massacre in Pittsburgh affected my family greatly. We lived in that city for many years and for part of that time we were members of one of the shuls now housed in the Tree of Life building. To be directed to a website that proclaims that nobody hates Jews, that states it is simply a sympathy generating ploy perpetuated by Jews for their advantage, is an obscenity.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
@james dixon has been parroting that website, word for word, for quite awhile. Perhaps it is his website, perhaps not. I don't know.

The recent massacre in Pittsburgh affected my family greatly. We lived in that city for many years and for part of that time we were members of one of the shuls now housed in the Tree of Life building. To be directed to a website that proclaims that nobody hates Jews, that states it is simply a sympathy generating ploy perpetuated by Jews for their advantage, is an obscenity.
I am very sorry to hear this. There aren't any words I'm allowed to say so, I'll just hold my tongue.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Or

Marmite, love it or hate it.

Almost 20 years ago one of the worlds greatest (outside the box) thinkers, Edward de Bono, suggested shipping marmite (a yeast extract sandwich spread) to the middle east to solve the Arab Israeli conflict.

Reasoning : the lack of zinc in the diet makes people irritable. Zinc is found is yeast and is normally obtained from bread. In the middle east bread is unleavened, hence no yeast and so no zinc. Answer, marmite that is rich in zinc.

De Bono's Marmite plan for peace in Middle Yeast

I dont know if this idea was attempted, it would appear not

Ellen Brown

I am very sorry to hear this. There aren't any words I'm allowed to say so, I'll just hold my tongue.

I don't get this. Do Jews agree to gag themselves to come here? I really enjoy it when I hear from Jews, Muslims and others.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't get this. Do Jews agree to gag themselves to come here? I really enjoy it when I hear from Jews, Muslims and others.
I think that what @Rival meant was that she conceived of the sorrow and wanted to keep respectful silence while that sorrow is being processed.

Incidentally, it is my understanding that most if not all adherents of Judaism are well aware of the Shabbat practice, which probably keeps the idea of respectful silence fresh and clear on their minds. Or, at least, reminds them of the wisdom of intentional, occasional restraint in their expression.

It is probably not excessive of me to assume that most Nohaides, too, have a similar mindset in that particular point, even if the do not or can not keep Shabbat.

Ellen Brown

I think that what @Rival meant was that she conceived of the sorrow and wanted to keep respectful silence while that sorrow is being processed.

Incidentally, it is my understanding that most if not all adherents of Judaism are well aware of the Shabbat practice, which probably keeps the idea of respectful silence fresh and clear on their minds. Or, at least, reminds them of the wisdom of intentional, occasional restraint in their expression.

It is probably not excessive of me to assume that most Nohaides, too, have a similar mindset in that particular point, even if the do not or can not keep Shabbat.

OH, forgot this is Shabbat. Sorry. Otherwise, I did not understand a thing you said. Maybe I'm dense tonight?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I just meant that what I wanted to say about that would include a lot of profanity and anger.

Last edited: