• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A poll for the men of RF

read the OP (opening post)

• i would rather cheat on her

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • i would rather tell her i want another woman also

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • i don't want 2 women, i'll divorce the first one and be with the second

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • i never wanted to marry a second wife but instead be just with one

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
for the men, would you rather:

cheat on your wife and have her find out later

OR

would you rather be honest and tell her that you want to marry another woman and discuss it with her?
agreeing to give them both a house each.

there will be another thread after this, i will get the the link to that and the one prior and post it here in the OP

EDIT: here are the links

A poll for the women of RF
I would never cheat on my wife. I would not divorce her in order to marry another.

Aquitaine

I would never cheat on my wife. I would not divorce her in order to marry another.

I'm single and still young, but in accordance to my Moral perspective, I'd never cheat on a Woman either, or marry multiple ones.

If I was married and my Wife seriously wanted another Husband, I'd be devasted and probably break up with her on the spot. I'm sure the same is for Women if they're Husband wanted another Wife.
I still don't see why some people think it's okay to allow one Poly (gyny) but not the other (andry).

Polyamory, though, is different. If all people involved are willing, then I see why not.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I still don't see why some people think it's okay to allow one Poly (gyny) but not the other (andry).

hang on man, there are other threads to come, how hard is it to be patient for a while?

there is a reason behind everything ok.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
thats why i've also put up the option of having an illegal sex (an affair) even though that is not permitted in islam but is practised by most non muslims or maybe half.
Having an affair is not illegal in the USA, it is merely grounds for divorce.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Having an affair is not illegal in the USA, it is merely grounds for divorce.

oh yeah there is no punishment for it, unless it is done with an underage person.

well it is illegal in islam. there is a punishment for it

MSizer

MSizer
oh yeah there is no punishment for it, unless it is done with an underage person.

well it is illegal in islam. there is a punishment for it

Are there any countries where this law is enforced? Are the punishments equal for men and women? I admit it's a bit of a leading question, but it's better I think than making assumptions.

blackout

Violet.
Considering the complexity of such a relationship I simply do not see how a man could possibly deal with two women (or more) on such a level.

If you're "dealing with" your woman/women/partner/partners
that is a major problem right there. (on any level)

Loving people is not really all that complex. ime
"Dealing with" all kinds of expectations & rules however,
can be quite complex indeed.
Also the lagistics of economics and children in conjunction with
YOUR OWN dreams and desires can be very complex
especially when you live in lack.
I like to think that more love and more partnership
brings everyone more happiness and more help.
Jealousy of course will ruin that.
So it's obviously not right for everyone.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Are there any countries where this law is enforced?

i think iran, saudi arabia, afghanistan nigeria, maybe indonesia and a few more

Are the punishments equal for men and women?

well if the 2 people that had sexual relations outside marriage were married to someone else at the time, they are stoned to death. be it man or woman

if theey are both anmarried and did it, the punishment is 100 lashes and 1 year exile depending on the decision.

if either was to mix (ie. one married one unmarried) the same punishment as above applies, death to the married person, 100 lashes to the unmarried one.

for more you can read the following

How Islam Views Adultery - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

Aquitaine

i think iran, saudi arabia, afghanistan nigeria, maybe indonesia and a few more

well if the 2 people that had sexual relations outside marriage were married to someone else at the time, they are stoned to death. be it man or woman

if theey are both anmarried and did it, the punishment is 100 lashes and 1 year exile depending on the decision.

if either was to mix (ie. one married one unmarried) the same punishment as above applies, death to the married person, 100 lashes to the unmarried one.

for more you can read the following

How Islam Views Adultery - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar

Thank God for religion - without it, we'd have no sense of Morality what so ever.

:sarcastic