• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A few details about Caladan

autonomous1one1

Premium Member
Greetings Dan. Glad to have you at RF. Have been enjoying your posts. Thank you for sharing more information about yourself in this thread for it has been fun reading.
Robert

Kodanshi

StygnosticA
What’s the weather like over in Israel? I hear Haifa’s a pretty place… And, on a serious note, do you get a lot of terrorist scares?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
What’s the weather like over in Israel? I hear Haifa’s a pretty place… And, on a serious note, do you get a lot of terrorist scares?

oh its been pretty warm and blueish the last few days :)
and Haifa has some nice stuff to offer, many people say it is a nice example of co existence, being that Jews and Arabs live side by side in the same city. also the Bahai gardens are located in Haifa, a very nice place to look at.
about terrorist attacks, I have to say that apart from my service I havent experienced terrorism personally. and central Israel has been terror free for the longest I can remember. the problematic areas are mostly the area around the Gaza strip and northern Israel when hezballah decides to make an interesting day in Israel, although normally northern Israel is a beautiful and safe place.

Last edited:
I saw on Jpost this morning that there were loads of explosives found in Haifa yesterday evening, but thankfully, they were found in time and didn't explode.

About the baha'i garden, there is a new website that just started recently with all the relevant visitor info:

The Bahá'Ã* Gardens

If anybody goes to Israel, it's worth to check it out!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Ah! well the excavation season at Apollonia has ended this Friday (although im volunteering for another week excavating a new mosaic we found at the end of the season). I had a great time, and actually get a scholarship for this :D
I was also just accepted for my Master's.

The Apollonia-Arsuf excavation thread was updated through the month of July, so all you history buffs are invited, apart from the obvious Crusaders nature of the site, we have found finds from many eras and cultures: Hellenistic, Roman, Persian, Early Arab and Muslim, Mamluk, etc. but our biggest finds where related to the Byzantine era, with a very impressive and unexpected wine press revealed (photos at the 5th page of the thread), I may upload more photos of interest from this week.

Here's me, closing a brilliant season :D

DSC03720.jpg

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well done for the Masters;i am interested in what you find from the Helenistic period which IMO was one of the most influential periods in History.
The tool you use for digging we call a pointing Trowell,what do you call it?

Sultan Of Swing

Alrighty, I've got some questions:

1. What would you consider is your greatest accomplishment/discovery/experience in the field of archaeology?

2. Is Israel a dangerous place to live, or am I just being an ignorant Westerner?

3. What's the most dangerous situation you've ever been in?

4. I'd love to learn Hebrew. Any ideas where I can learn it... websites perhaps?

Oh, and I enjoy debating with you. :D

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Alrighty, I've got some questions:

1. What would you consider is your greatest accomplishment/discovery/experience in the field of archaeology?
Preserving the Christian, Jewish and Muslim sites in Israel.

2. Is Israel a dangerous place to live, or am I just being an ignorant Westerner?
No. Israel is not a dangerous place to live in. contrary to what many people may think. the central places in Israel have been terror free for years.
most of our security issues are centered around Jewish towns on the outskirts of the gaza strip.

3. What's the most dangerous situation you've ever been in?
Seeing my friend taking a bullet from Palestinian snipers. realising the snipers missed me. and taking him back to cover only to be ordered by the lieutenant to gear up for combat.

4. I'd love to learn Hebrew. Any ideas where I can learn it... websites perhaps?
There are some decent books on line. there is one in particular that I've found in order to help me teach Hebrew. its called Colloquoal Hebrew, and is written by Zippi Lyttleton and Tamar Wang.

Oh, and I enjoy debating with you. :D
Trust me I do too.
I love debating with Christians more than anyone.

Last edited: