• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A few details about Caladan

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Image83.jpg

.lava

Veteran Member
hi Caladan :) i am curious about what you believe in. do you have faith in God? what's your dream for future? what's your goal in life?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Dan, how far do you typically lead garden slugs when hunting them with a shotgun?

Sometime ago you were explaining to me that archeology is classified as a humanities in Israel. Have I remembered that correctly?

What are three things your military experience taught you about yourself and/or others?

What is the URL of your wonderful blog (I'm asking in case anyone is interested -- I already know it).

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
hi Caladan :) i am curious about what you believe in. do you have faith in God?

I believe that life will always challenge our personal beliefs and give us realizations engraved in experience.
I dont follow any religion per se.
different groups around the planet have unique and distinct traditions and folkore, I enjoy exploring and navigating between these, but I think humanity as an immeasurably miniature life form on this planet in what seems to be an infinite universe might do well in appreciating the wisdom of the Deus Otiosus mythology, as seen with some African tribes; a deity which created the world, and then retired from it.
On few occasions when asked this question on the forum, I have felt it be fair to define myself as an atheist. mostly because I dont have any desire to relate to any anthropomorphic notions of the concept of God, but at the same time I enjoy mythology and the stories of the gods from across the world.
I simply think life is to be lived, and that we sometimes have to admit, that our personal beliefs and opinions, are like toys for children, as one of the Greek philosophers put it. before people have experienced life out there, they need to be careful about setting their minds with absolute beliefs, especially when we are talking about such a concept as God.
what's your dream for future?

I think I need to sort the present first ;) at the moment, I wish in the somewhat near future to pusure a career of my interest which can support me reasonably.

what's your goal in life?

To live my life as a normal human being, despite my eccentric traits ;)

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Dan, how far do you typically lead garden slugs when hunting them with a shotgun?
I place miniature baskets of fruits for them, with a short note, saying: 'Start running'.
Sometime ago you were explaining to me that archeology is classified as a humanities in Israel. Have I remembered that correctly?
Yeap. while generally around the world archaeology is a sub topic within the anthropology department, in Israel we are part of the faculty of humanities.
What are three things your military experience taught you about yourself and/or others?
1.That there is freedom out there, sleeping in the field, you might have not taken a shower for a few days and the best thing you eat is canned spam, but laying on your back on the engine cover of the hummer and getting a desert view of the stars is priceless.
2. that your personal problems are far from being the most important issue in the world, but at the same time you need to take care of yourself.
3. that the world doesnt need supermen, but normal guys.

What is the URL of your wonderful blog (I'm asking in case anyone is interested -- I already know it).
Ah yes! my blog :D it is found here ==> Eris’ wish and I will work on a new entry (or a few)for it very soon.

Thanks for adding flavor for this thread, Suns :cool:

Last edited:

Troublemane

Muad'Dib, Neil Gaiman and the quote from the Gospel of Thomas!!! You're my new best bud! Lets grab a pint, ok m8? :D

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Congratulations Dan. :)

- Did your family come from Europe (what country?) before settling in Israel or they always have been there?

- Do you come from an open minded family regarding religion or a strict Jewish "religiously" one?

Thank you.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Congratulations Dan. :)

- Did your family come from Europe (what country?) before settling in Israel or they always have been there?

Part of my family arrived to Israel 6 generations ago from Russia, although they carried a German surname, my grandfather was a WWII veteran, his family perished almost in its entirety in WWII, he was born in Poland, and my father was born in Casablanca.

- Do you come from an open minded family regarding religion or a strict Jewish "religiously" one?
Thank you.
I grew up in a secular family, after WWII, my grandfather didnt want anything to do with religion or God, but he gradually came back closer to tradition, and sometimes I would accompany him to synagogue on the Sabbath to keep him company, but in general my life have been a secular one.