• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Bacon Flavored Hate Crime

Harmonious

It was a hateful prank. I don't know that it was a crime, but the prank was in supremely poor taste, as it was geared to insult Muslims.

That level of meanness is hateful and wrong. Not illegal, but spiteful.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Wiki: ""Hate crime" generally refers to criminal acts that are seen to have been motivated by bias against one or more of the types above, or of their derivatives. Incidents may involve physical assault, damage to property, bullying, harassment, verbal abuse or insults, or offensive graffiti or letters (hate mail)."

This instance certainly qualifies under that definition.

Your comment did pique my interest though. Is insulting someone a criminal act? Not so sure it should be. But on the other hand, if there is a systematic attempt to harrass and bully a set of people, I can appreciate why that would carry more weight.

4consideration

Premium Member
Considering the view of bacon that Muslims have, I see the bacon thing here as: rude, intolerant, mean-spirited, unkind, disrespectful of others, juvenile, likely to stir up bad feelings in the community, disgusting (stinky) and sadistic -- but I do not think it is criminal.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This one seems to be just best left at juvenile-like behavior coming from someone who thought it would be cute to do something that most mature Muslims I'm sure would dismiss as juvenile and immature.
At least they weren't getting shot at this time though.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There's an old saying in Revoltingistan...
When life hands you bacon, make BLTs.

OK, it's a new saying.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
how can it be untastfull when it was done with bacon? beyond that just a stupid prank

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I don't think it's so easy to say one way or the other whether this was just a prank in poor taste, or a hate crime. Seeing as how so many Muslims and Islamic institutions here are under attack, it might very well be the beginnings to something more sinister. If it was a different time, I would say it was probably just a prank, albeit a very intolerant one, but, considering the circumstances, I'm not so sure this is the case.

Trey of Diamonds

Breaking hate news on The Drudge Report!
Caller says he left bacon at park for opossums, racoons & seagulls.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08...-crime-after-bacon-found-at-s-i-ramadan-site/

Right, because seagulls love bacon.

finding-nemo-seagulls.jpg

Alceste

Vagabond
Waste of police resources. I guess the hate crimes task force is stuck for things to do. That sounds like a good thing, if you think about it.

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
Breaking hate news on The Drudge Report!
Caller says he left bacon at park for opossums, racoons & seagulls.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08...-crime-after-bacon-found-at-s-i-ramadan-site/

I almost have as much of a problem with a supposed model citizen feeding local pests than whatever hypothetical teenager or mental case was stalking the local Muslim community with improvised bacon devices. Clearly they are crimes of a different degree. But you have to agree just leaving bacon in a random park is weird and vile.

Speaking of this however.. is it true that Mossad or some Israeli military company manufactured bullets with tiny pieces of pork in them so that dead Muslims would leave the earth haram? Or is that some conspiracy theory/urban legend?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I almost have as much of a problem with a supposed model citizen feeding local pests than whatever hypothetical teenager or mental case was stalking the local Muslim community with improvised bacon devices. Clearly they are crimes of a different degree. But you have to agree just leaving bacon in a random park is weird and vile.

Speaking of this however.. is it true that Mossad or some Israeli military company manufactured bullets with tiny pieces of pork in them so that dead Muslims would leave the earth haram? Or is that some conspiracy theory/urban legend?
...and a waste of bacon!