• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4 creatures creat (or evolute) new creature?

gnostic

The Lost One
godobeyer said:
[FONT=&quot]maybe many people don't feel or notice that , we are just a combine of sprem and egg in other hand a result of instinct .[/FONT]

Reproduction is natural process or mechanism, not supernatural.

And instinct is also a natural response, not a supernatural one.

godobeyer said:
[FONT=&quot]HOW do you believe that the combine between the sprem and egg is evolution ,NOT creation?[/FONT]

Clearly you don't understand evolution.

Evolution is not just about reproduction, but about environmental factors that affect biological changes to creature, so they can survive in that environment.

Take the people who live high up on the mountain ranges, like the Himalayas for instance, for successive generations, for hundred of years. The Tibetans have lived in these ranges for generations. The Tibetans living there now, have been born to the altitude and to the thinness of the air, because they inherited genes from their ancestors.

A person, like me, couldn't just move to the Himalayas, without experiencing altitude sickness. If it doesn't kill me, over time I may grow to adapt to the environment on the Himalayas, but it would be clearly not a natural environment for me. But if I was to have children while living there, they would be more suited than me, and my grandchildren would be even more better than suited than me and my children. Over some numbers of generation after me, each generation would be more adjusted to the terrain and altitude than the previous generation.

Evolution happened slowly for us humans, more slower than cockroaches. And with bacteria or virus, the ability to change or adapt can happen in immediate succeeding generation.

camanintx

[FONT=&quot]maybe many people don't feel or notice that , we are just a combine of sprem and egg in other hand a result of instinct .[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]HOW do you believe that the combine between the sprem and egg is evolution ,NOT creation?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and HOW do you believe that the period of the baby inside his mother (the 9 months), is evolution NOT creation ?[/FONT]

so the male and female , sprem and egg are four creatures ,they creat or evolute NEW creature "babe" ?
Individuals don't evolve, populations do.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
The miracle is not the sperm itself but the how something this complex has ever evolved. I guess many people fail to see how immaculate and bewildering this universe is.

I doubt Atheists understand its complex beauty and will only view it in the lenses of scientist who remove all splendor away from it. Most likely Atheists do not enjoy the universe and only us theists do. Whichever case it is it just falls back to Solipsism :D.

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
The miracle is not the sperm itself but the how something this complex has ever evolved. I guess many people fail to see how immaculate and bewildering this universe is.

I doubt Atheists understand its complex beauty and will only view it in the lenses of scientist who remove all splendor away from it. Most likely Atheists do not enjoy the universe and only us theists do. Whichever case it is it just falls back to Solipsism :D.

Of course we don't actually know how many other planets might have complex life on them, such life evolving could just be 'another day in the office' as far as the universe is concerned.

Hell, we could even discover that most other life in the universe is far more complex than us. I could just see an alien teacher in an alien school showing the students pictures of us and saying "Now these humans only have 2 genders rather than the usual average of 42, making them one of the simplest and least adaptable of all sentient races in the galaxy".

camanintx

I find the universe full of splendor and beauty precisely because it evolved into something this complex without the need of any intelligent guidance.

ruffen

I think you are mistaken. Although I cannot speak for every Atheist, I can speak for myself, and when I look at the stars on a winter night, and I look up at the Andromeda Galaxy, I feel that I am a part of a vast universe, with beauty and complexness and most likely life and civilizations other than our own.

I am in awe of the thought that the light from the Andromeda Galaxy (M31) has travelled 2.5 million light-years (about 24,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilometers) to reach us (in a 6,000 year old universe it would be impossible to see objects more than 6,000 light-years away). I think that there is almost certainly life within that galaxy, but the life forms that existed when the light I see left that galaxy are most likely extinct or evolved further because I see an image of the galaxy as it was 2.5 million years ago.

When I look at the complexity of life on Earth I am in awe of life and all its beauty. I think of the immensity of time that has passed. There's been life on Earth for more than 3 billion years. about 65-250 million years ago there were dinosaurs and other large reptiles that "ruled the Earth".

I think of the immensity of time when humans or human-like beings have walked the Earth. I think of the natural disasters, diseases and troubles they must have had. I think of the wars, the atrocities, but also the good times that must have been. I think about how early Homo Sapiens may have looked up at the same Andromeda Galaxy as I do, and wondered what that little smudge of light in the otherwise "pointy" star-filled sky was.

I think about how centuries have passed, generation after generation. I think of how my life is a result of being descended from those who survived, at least long enough to have children.

I think about the enormity of the world we live in today. The diversity of the human species and our cultures. All the stories that are not being told. The songs I'll never get to hear.

I also think of the massive achievements of human kind. Our sciences have uncovered a lot of nature's "secrets". We have learned that matter consists of protons, neutrons and electrons, and have learned to manipulate those electrons from microscopic scales inside computers, to global scales in power grids and the internet. We have learned of quarks and other building blocks of nature and we are working to learn how gravity works.

We have learned that we live in an expanding universe that is too old to grasp mentally, yet not infinitely old. There are so many mysteries to find out more about, and we are getting closer every day using telescopes, microscopes, particle accelerators and other things we have invented.

Humans have walked on the Moon. The same Moon our cave-dwelling ancestors must have been looking at. The Moon that has been worshipped as a goddess, but which we now have landed human beings on, taken samples from and returned to Earth.

And yet we are only in the very beginning of human exploration of the cosmos. Imagine what we will be able to do in the future.

We have also uncovered many mysteries of the human body. We have developed medicine, vaccines and although we have a lot more to learn, we have even uncovered the digital encoding of our DNA. We have learned of evolution, we have seen both in DNA and in the fossil record that species gradually change over thousands of generations, until they are so different from what they were that one wouldn't call them the same species anymore. We have actually dug up hundreds-of-millions-years-old evidence of the times that have passed on this planet we call Earth.

How does this remove any splendor from the nature? How is this less inspiring and fantastic than "God did it, end of story"?

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Try reading a book on evolutionary biology and understand the biological mechanisms on evolution, before you even considering debating against evolution. Otherwise you're just make a fool of yourself because you don't even understand simple biology.

Evolution is about biological changes, not merely about reproduction. Changes that are made by environmental factors, like geographical terrains, climates, availability of food supply, availability of partners, etc. Changes are often very small, unnoticeable till some numbers of generations (unless we talking about bacteria or viruses, but since you brought up egg-sperm reproduction then we are not talking about viruses or bacteria).
Mr gnostic let me back ,
i have a question about this

if someone study biological he maybe (or for sure ) change his religion ?

so all biological top scientists are atheists ?

btw ; in my state there is a unversity of biological , so i never heard that someone becomes atheist because he/she study biological !!!!

gnostic

The Lost One
godobeyer said:
if someone study biological he maybe (or for sure ) change his religion ?
Why would anyone change his religion because someone is studying biology?

Did I say anywhere that a person need to change his religion because of what they studying? I don't see anywhere I wrote this.

so all biological top scientists are atheists ?

btw ; in my state there is a unversity of biological , so i never heard that someone becomes atheist because he/she study biological !!!!
Oh, no! Not again! :facepalm:

Why do creationists always confused science with atheism or evolution with atheism? :eek:

Anyone can learn biology, and anyone can learn evolutionary biology. It just required time and education and understanding from reputable sources.

Reputable sources, as in materials from the experts in the field, like textbooks or peer-review journals, instead of anti-evolution websites.

And when I said "anyone", I do mean "anyone". Anyone can be religious or not religious.

Let's get one thing straight.

The definition of atheism has to do with not believing the existence of god or gods. Nothing more, nothing less.

Atheism has nothing to do with science. PERIOD!

And BTW, why do you pose the question of atheism or atheist to me?

I'm not an atheist. I'm an agnostic. They are not the same thing.

And second. I suggested that you actually learn and understand the basic of evolution, as well as the basic of reproduction, if you really wants to debate about evolution. This is so to avoid looking like a fool.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
gnostic is right, Godobeyer. :)

Evolution says nothing about if God exists or does not exist. Some people think it does, but they are wrong. Only creationists and anti-theists do, and both should not be taken seriously.

In fact, evolution was first considered by Muslim scholars.

The struggle for existence was later described by Islamic writer Al-Jahiz in the 9th century, who argued that environmental factors influence animals to develop new characteristics to ensure survival. According to Rainow, the 11th century scholar Abu Rayhan Biruni described the idea of artificial selection and argued that nature works in much the same way

I believe in God very strongly, and I accept evolution. We have some biologists on the forum. :)

You know of the saying in Arabic "Seek knowledge as far as China", "ﺍﻃﻠﺐ ﻋﻠﻢ ﻮ ﻟﻭ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺼﻴﻦ" -- a weak hadith attributed to Muhammad. The Qur'an says "Will you not use your intellect?" "أَفَلَا تَعۡقِلُونَ". We should not fear learning something but embrace it, even if it challenges our prejudices.

outhouse

Atheistically

[FONT=&quot]and HOW do you believe that the period of the baby inside his mother (the 9 months), is evolution NOT creation ?[/FONT]

so the male and female , sprem and egg are four creatures ,they creat or evolute NEW creature "babe" ?

Please for your own benefit, take a biology class.

Tiberius

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

None of this has anything to do with evolution.

Evolution is a gradual change in a POPULATION of animals over MANY GENERATIONS.

If it happens to a single individual, it's not evolution.

AndromedaRXJ

I find the universe full of splendor and beauty precisely because it evolved into something this complex without the need of any intelligent guidance.

This.

Though at times, it ain't so beautiful. Just see Neil DeGrasse Tyson's "Stupid Design".

Godobeyer

Premium Member
gnostic is right, Godobeyer. :)

Evolution says nothing about if God exists or does not exist. Some people think it does, but they are wrong. Only creationists and anti-theists do, and both should not be taken seriously.

In fact, evolution was first considered by Muslim scholars.
The struggle for existence was later described by Islamic writer Al-Jahiz in the 9th century, who argued that environmental factors influence animals to develop new characteristics to ensure survival. According to Rainow, the 11th century scholar Abu Rayhan Biruni described the idea of artificial selection and argued that nature works in much the same way
I believe in God very strongly, and I accept evolution. We have some biologists on the forum. :)

You know of the saying in Arabic "Seek knowledge as far as China", "ﺍﻃﻠﺐ ﻋﻠﻢ ﻮ ﻟﻭ ﻓﻲ ﺍﻟﺼﻴﻦ" -- a weak hadith attributed to Muhammad. The Qur'an says "Will you not use your intellect?" "أَفَلَا تَعۡقِلُونَ". We should not fear learning something but embrace it, even if it challenges our prejudices.

it's seems i goes to through the end (more steps in advance) , because as i know the atheist use theory of Evolution as deny that God exist .

So you said accept evolution ,in other hand do you believe that God evolution the creatures or create the creatures ? or both ?

I agree with you about learning to know more , but i am sorry , i am don't (ignore) know Islam opinion about this issue .

FranklinMichaelV.3

it's seems i goes to through the end (more steps in advance) , because as i know the atheist use theory of Evolution as deny that God exist .

So you said accept evolution ,in other hand do you believe that God evolution the creatures or create the creatures ? or both ?

I agree with you about learning to know more , but i am sorry , i am don't (ignore) know Islam opinion about this issue .

It's more that to me, that Evolution makes us reconsider the lenses that we use to view God.

Under evolution it strips away (biblically), things such as Original Sin, and to a degree a loving merciful God.

It does not say that there isn't a creator, but if you look at how wasteful Natural Selection would appear to be (A lot of creatures are extinct and will be extinct simply because they could not adapt or even more than that (disease and the like)) it's hard to see a loving, all merciful creator starting up such a process and being okay with it's huge "imperfections."

I think it's why some take the view that God "simply watches".

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I think they are wrong to do it.

Evolution does not say there is no God. Evolution cannot say there is no God. Evolution has nothing to do with the existence of God. Evolution is about how life changes, not God.

I believe that God exists, and evolution is how life changes to suit its needs.

You could think evolution is the way God creates life; "continual, eternal creation of God". "Evolution is the mechanism of creation".

Or you could think that God "guides" the evolution of species. But I don't think this it is "guided" by God.

Or both.

The Qur'an does say seven seas could not contain all of the words of God.

31_27.png
Sahih International: And if whatever trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

But Islam does not say that God created life in one day, or say anything against evolution, in my opinion. :) I think it is only misconceptions of evolution and from reading the Qur'an without looking deeper into the meanings. The Qur'an says it uses "unspecific" (Arabic: متشابهات) verses too.

3_7.png
Sahih International: It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.

:) .الله اعلم

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

Evolution only disproves the Abrahamic Theology about the creation of man. It does not disprove god at all

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I think they are wrong to do it.

Evolution does not say there is no God. Evolution cannot say there is no God. Evolution has nothing to do with the existence of God. Evolution is about how life changes, not God.

I believe that God exists, and evolution is how life changes to suit its needs.

You could think evolution is the way God creates life; "continual, eternal creation of God". "Evolution is the mechanism of creation".

Or you could think that God "guides" the evolution of species. But I don't think this it is "guided" by God.

Or both.

The Qur'an does say seven seas could not contain all of the words of God.

31_27.png
Sahih International: And if whatever trees upon the earth were pens and the sea [was ink], replenished thereafter by seven [more] seas, the words of Allah would not be exhausted. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

But Islam does not say that God created life in one day, or say anything against evolution, in my opinion. :) I think it is only misconceptions of evolution and from reading the Qur'an without looking deeper into the meanings. The Qur'an says it uses "unspecific" (Arabic: متشابهات) verses too.

3_7.png
Sahih International: It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them]. And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah. But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding.

:) .الله اعلم
again brother , I don't know the exact opinion of Islam about evolution ,as i know Islam view is reject Darwin theory about evolution .

for my simple opinion , evolution is runing with creation at the same time , evolution is just the progress amelioration of the creation .

indeed as you said ,Allah know best :)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
again brother , I don't know the exact opinion of Islam about evolution ,as i know Islam view is reject Darwin theory about evolution .
Which part of Darwin's theory of evolution is rejected?

Also, evolution is no longer just of Darwin; as we have learnt more, we had expanded upon it. :)

Did you know that 78% of Lebanese, 79% of Kazakhs, 62% of Albanian Muslims, and 63% of Moroccans (of Muslims polled) accepted evolution as true, too? :)
There is a report from PewForum. Go to page 132.

for my simple opinion , evolution is runing with creation at the same time , evolution is just the progress amelioration of the creation .

indeed as you said ,Allah know best :)
So you accept theistic evolution, Alhamdullilah. :)