• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 is quickly shaping up to be the year of . . .

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
. . .wtf just happened. A lot of weird upheaval for me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Kind of hoping some of the craziness I've been experiencing lately motivates me to finally move up to the quiet little mountain town I've been talking about moving to for the last 10 years.

So, how's 2024 going for you so far?

"For me, 2024 is quickly shaking up to be the year of [fill in the blank]".

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
For me, 2024 is quickly shaking up to be the year of great annoyances with much impatience

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In the last century, they called it the Roaring 20s.

I don't know what we could call it now. Since everything gets remade and rebooted these days, I suppose we could just call it the Roaring 20s again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

2024 is quickly shaping up to be the year of . . .​

A really infotaining exhibit in my new building at a museum.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't know what we could call it now. Since everything gets remade and rebooted these days, I suppose we could just call it the Roaring 20s again.
How about the "Anything but Boring" 20s

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
2024 is up and down.

Hubbies brother has so far tried 3 antipsychotics with up/down results.
Better than last year though, after 15 years of medication he stopped talking it with predictable results culminating in hospitalisation.

On a more personal note, the stomach and back pains are bad, I've had to start taking opium (izalgi tablets) when it gets too bad. I blame a cold winter for that, spring is here so maybe some relief.

The twins have settled into college life well. And the youngest likes her new school.

And on a scale of 1 to 10 I'm enjoying a strength 13 coffee.

So overall winners and losers.

That's life

Wirey

Fartist

2024 is quickly shaping up to be the year of . . .​

Wirey continuing to treat each day like it could be the last one, and not get lost in the noise. I think that on Friday I'll take my wife for a drive out to the country, and look at the farms that will probably burn this year (Alberta is as dry as the Sahara), and then go home and spoil my dog.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
On a personal level, not bad with good health for our age. Looking over what is going on in the world, something I wrote in 2009 is truer today than when I wrote it (and note my "Earth is on fire"). The inspiration was thinking of Shiva/Nataraj's dance of destruction leading to renewal.

The Dancer

The Dancer whirls:
deeply penetrating
lighting bolts
strike the Earth.

Faster and faster,
continuous fire:
sun flower Earth.

Sunlight Dancer,
heavenly lightning:
Earth on fire.

Phoenix Earth
is reborn
in holy fire.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
They say that climate change will make the weather more and more extreme. Seems to be floating through and impacting my life in much the same way.
Some really good goods, and some really tough moments. And so very busy ALL THE TIME...sheesh.

RestlessSoul

In a personal level 2024 is shaping up to be the year I become a grandfather. So, unwilling to go full greybeard, I’ve grown a largely grey moustache.

It’s also shaping up to be the year we lose my old dad - he’s 93 and slipping away slowly. My mum’s finding it really hard.

Politically I’m praying that 2024 is the year that the slaughter in both Gaza and Ukraine end, for now at least. That Putin, Netanyahu, and Donald Trump go to gaol. And that the Conservative party in the U.K. gets absolutely trounced in a general election. And that the world wakes up to the fact that the climate disaster is real and is happening now.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

And I was thinking it was because they loved to dance and shake it.

PureX

Veteran Member
. . .wtf just happened. A lot of weird upheaval for me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Kind of hoping some of the craziness I've been experiencing lately motivates me to finally move up to the quiet little mountain town I've been talking about moving to for the last 10 years.

Terrible, and it's only March. By October my home will be gone. And rents are insane. I want to keep working but may be forced to retire just to have access to a place I can afford to live. And I'll have to divest myself of most of my possessions.
Ditto. And I doubt we're unique.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
. . . the wood dragon.

230119083658-05-chinese-zodiac-dragon.jpg

RestlessSoul

Terrible, and it's only March. By October my home will be gone. And rents are insane. I want to keep working but may be forced to retire just to have access to a place I can afford to live. And I'll have to divest myself of most of my possessions.

Ditto. And I doubt we're unique.

But if you stay sober, you’ll be a winner whatever happens

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
For me, 2024 is quickly shaking up to be the year of - willpower - or to be exact, making a will. And such might be more complicated than I thought. Having been reconciled with my two older brothers (not speaking for about two decades seemingly over my mother's decision to leave her house to me), and where the property and anything else would naturally have been passed to my brothers and their children upon my death, I have been encouraged to make a will (As to such passing to their children more than them). No issues from me, but I have a desire to leave my body to medical science, and this seems more than just leaving it to 'some place', with quite a few options available. So some thought indicated.

Also, given that there might be some symmetry to my life (as probably mentioned before - born just after WWII ended), I can anticipate my death in the next year or so, even if my health seems reasonable at the moment. Hence the bottom items in my signature even though I hope this is just my own personal delusion. :eek:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

For me, 2024 is quickly shaking up to be the year of restoring and rebuilding of every area of my life.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
For me, 2024 is quickly shaking up to be the year of - willpower - or to be exact, making a will. And such might be more complicated than I thought. Having been reconciled with my two older brothers (not speaking for about two decades seemingly over my mother's decision to leave her house to me), and where the property and anything else would naturally have been passed to my brothers and their children upon my death, I have been encouraged to make a will (As to such passing to their children more than them). No issues from me, but I have a desire to leave my body to medical science, and this seems more than just leaving it to 'some place', with quite a few options available. So some thought indicated.

Also, given that there might be some symmetry to my life (as probably mentioned before - born just after WWII ended), I can anticipate my death in the next year or so, even if my health seems reasonable at the moment. Hence the bottom items in my signature even though I hope this is just my own personal delusion. :eek:
We redid our wills last year. Even simple wills can be complex. Good luck.