• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

$150 Million Noah's Ark Project Planned

Skwim

Veteran Member
Frankfort, Ky. (Dec. 1, 2010)—Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear today joined the Ark Encounter LLC to announce the planned construction of a full-scale Noah’s Ark tourist attraction in northern Kentucky. Partnering with the Ark Encounter is Answers in Genesis, which is most widely known for its high-tech and popular Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky.

ark-encounter-tn.jpg

“We are excited to join with the Ark Encounter group as it seeks to provide this unique, family friendly tourist attraction to the Commonwealth,” said Gov. Beshear. “Bringing new jobs to Kentucky is my top priority, and with the estimated 900 jobs this project will create, I am happy about the economic impact this project will have on the Northern Kentucky region.”

The for-profit Ark Encounter project will be privately funded at an estimated cost of $150 million.

In addition to the full-size Ark, the complex will include a walled city much like those found in ancient times, live animal shows, a children’s interactive play area, a replica of the Tower of Babel with exhibits, a 500-seat 5-D special effects theater, an aviary, and a first-century Middle Eastern village.
source

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I really would like one and

I don't see any issue's with it. Movies do the same thing. You could get books that will support anything they do in the ark. Religious education will teach the stuff.

Now if some one offers 150 million to build an evolution museum and the state refuses then there is a problem.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
$150 million in private money being spent in the local economy and 900 jobs created in the construction, service, and tourism industries?

Sounds like a good thing to me.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
I hope they build it according to the specifications in the Bible. I think it would be hilarious if they made it the right size and out of the right wood, but it ends up being incredibly complicated from an engineering standpoint.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I hope they build it according to the specifications in the Bible. I think it would be hilarious if they made it the right size and out of the right wood, but it ends up being incredibly complicated from an engineering standpoint.

Perhaps God will oversee the project. It will not matter if he don't, I don't believe it has to float. :p

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Instead of a $150 million amusement park, why don't they spend $1 million and build an ark that floats? It would do wonders to persuade evolutionists an unbelievers. Oh yeah, because it's impossible.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Riiiiiggghhhhttt. What's a cubit?
It's a pointy version of a spherbit.
Why do I have this terrible feeling that it will be considered exempt from taxes due to its religious significance?
Kentucky....a politician....religion....an ark....Creation Museum connection....

Last edited:

Renji

Interesting, but costs a lot. That money could have been donated to charity or something that could give people jobs.

Renji

You mean the estimated 900 jobs this will create doesn't count?

That would count but do you think this would really solve the problem of the jobless people? If you compare 900 out of the jobless people around or near that area, I think it still outnumbers that 900 jobs. All I'm saying is that if they have spent it on something else, it could have give more than that.....;)

But the idea itself (the ark and the 900 jobs it will offer) is fun though:)

Last edited:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
That would count but do you think this would really solve the problem of the jobless people? If you compare 900 out of the jobless people around or near that area, I think it still outnumbers that 900 jobs. All I'm saying is that if they have spent it on something else, it could have give more than that.....;)

But the idea itself (the ark and the 900 jobs it will offer) is fun though:)

Well, first off, I don't think its up to private people to solve the problem of jobless people. They spend their money on what they choose and create whatever jobs they can.

Second, what would recommend these people spend their money on?