• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

15 Random Things About You

FluentYank3825

Ironic Idealist
4 - Have fun storming the castle!
8 - Muenster
12 - Interesting.
13 - You....steal it? "Hey, is that Yank running down the street with a sheep under his arm?"
:p

4- Ya think it'll work? It'll take a miracle...BYE!!!
8- I've tried Muenster before. Epic deliciousness!
12- I thought so too.
13-I'd do that if I could, but as I live in Utah and not Scotland, I settle for snagging free meals from local LDS congregations. ;)

Dezzie

What's a Travis and industrial piercing? Piercing on elbows?

yikes no... :p

This is a tragus (I spelt it wrong in my other post... I put an i instead of a u) and an industrial piercing... the industrial is the bar:

IMG_4288.jpg

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
1) I can practically quote The Silmarillion and The Lord of the Rings verbatim

2) I used to work in the music industry and did a lot of booking for some better known metal/punk/indie bands

3) I adore Songbird <3

4) I've been a mute since the summer of '05

5) I'm a pretty serious console gamer, have owned: NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GBA, PSX, PSP, XBOX, XBOX 360, Game Cube, and Wii (and I probably forgot something, too!)

6) I'm also a PC gamer -- I like console games to play with real life friends and PC games because (as a mute) it's easiest for me to communicate with teammates to type. I play a lot of shooter and strategy games and some MMORPG's (Lord of the Rings Online <3). My Steam account is under Meow Mix, though I think you have to look it up under the tag SheDevil6

7) I can make fart sounds with my hands by squeezing them together a certain way! :p

8) I'm really boring with food, I hate spice, and hate putting too much conflicting flavor on the same thing. but I love cheese. the only thing I won't put cheese on is more cheese, and even then sometimes I'll still do it.

9) I can't think of 15 things so I'll make up that I can't count past 9...

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon

2) I used to work in the music industry and did a lot of booking for some better known metal/punk/indie bands

3) I adore Songbird <3

5) I'm a pretty serious console gamer, have owned: NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Game Gear, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GBA, PSX, PSP, XBOX, XBOX 360, Game Cube, and Wii (and I probably forgot something, too!)

6) I'm also a PC gamer -- I like console games to play with real life friends and PC games because (as a mute) it's easiest for me to communicate with teammates to type. I play a lot of shooter and strategy games and some MMORPG's (Lord of the Rings Online <3). My Steam account is under Meow Mix, though I think you have to look it up under the tag SheDevil6

7) I can make fart sounds with my hands by squeezing them together a certain way! :p

8) I'm really boring with food, I hate spice, and hate putting too much conflicting flavor on the same thing. but I love cheese. the only thing I won't put cheese on is more cheese, and even then sometimes I'll still do it.

Tolkien...Gaming...AND a science chick!
Will you marry me? :D

Otherright

Otherright
1) I was first published at the age of 12. It was a poem called Problems. I've had gaming manuals, essays, poetry, and short stories published since. Lots and lots of them.

2) In 1998, I founded Mind's Eye Publishing that became the voice for indie RPGs on the net. Doing so got me a spot on UGO.com's panel when they fleshed out their RPG section. This allowed me to meet some of the industries top designers and begin building connections with them.

3) My first major was Finance. I was going to be a stock broker. It was only after a scholarship in philosophy that I set out to be a lawyer. But I didn't do that either.

4) I only like games that I can tear apart and mod the code.

5) I don't watch TV. While I do like the occasional movie, I can't tell you one show that comes on regular television.

6) I go through a book almost every day.

7) I suffer from a mental hypertrophy, that without medication, leads to a deep concentrated focus akin to doing calculus, but amplified a dozen times. It also leads to very little sleep.

8) I'm a devout minimalist. I genuinely believe that the things you own end up owning you. My dream home is a 400 sq.ft. cabin w/ solar power. My devotion to minimalism may stem from losing everything I had... twice.

9) The official theme song of my life is Lateralus, by the band TOOL. If you know the song, you'll get it. A close second is The Seeker by The Who.

10) I've never gotten out of the 90's and probably never will.

11) I get paid a handsome sum of money annually to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and ensure they are safe to eat.

12) As a writer, I produce more work in a six week period in autumn than I do the rest of the entire year combined. I call it writing season. This happens every year, without fail.

13) I am from Kentucky and was fortunate enough to be raised in both an urban and rural setting, being as we had a house in the city, and a large farm. It was the best of both worlds.

14) I can't write if anyone is around, and No one reads anything until its finished.

15) I believe that life should be sporadic. When given the opportunity to do something odd, you should do it, just to say you did. This is why I got married in a black church. It makes for a better story.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Tolkien...Gaming...AND a science chick!
Will you marry me? :D

Well, unfortunately, you have a few trillion too many y chromosomes/SRY genes for my physical liking.

We can get married in spirit as long as you don't mind if I constantly cheat on you with women and you don't get to watch :cool:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
2) In 1998, I founded Mind's Eye Publishing that became the voice for indie RPGs on the net. Doing so got me a spot on UGO.com's panel when they fleshed out their RPG section. This allowed me to meet some of the industries top designers and begin building connections with them.

I've seen Mind's Eye publications for various White Wolf material -- don't they cover live action RP in some of those?

That's pretty awesome. I <3 WW's old material.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Well, unfortunately, you have a few trillion too many y chromosomes/SRY genes for my physical liking.

We can get married in spirit as long as you don't mind if I constantly cheat on you with women and you don't get to watch :cool:

Shoot!
Well, I'll take what I can get... :D

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight

3) I adore Songbird <3

I'm trying to think of something to say besides awkward fawning.

Screw it.

Yerr sooo preeeetty!!! :blowkiss:

Songbird

7) I suffer from a mental hypertrophy, that without medication, leads to a deep concentrated focus akin to doing calculus, but amplified a dozen times. It also leads to very little sleep.

Ye - yeah - me too...brb, guys, I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it.

I'm swamped.

A

angellous_evangellous

1 - Colorblind

2 - I can read incredibly fast

3 - I got my first ticket today in 16 years of driving - running a red light - and I haven't told my wife yet

4 - Texas Rangers fan

5 - I've driven a '96 Ford Ranger since 1998. It almost has 200k miles, runs great, and is the most reliable vehicle that my family has ever owned. I think that it has outlasted more than a dozen other vehicles.

6 - It's been over 100 degrees every day for more than 50 consecutive days where I live -- and no rain -- and the air conditioner in the house and the truck have been out all summer. It's 100+ outside, about 90 inside.

7 - I met my great uncle yesterday in a nursing home. He thought that it was snowing.

8 - I have spent more hours on my dissertation than I care to recall

9 - I was betrayed by a 'friend' at work but didn't get fired

10 - My granddad thinks that my dog is the best dog he ever saw

11 - I just updated from Word 2002 to 2010

12 - I make killer magaritas

13 - My back fence needs to be replaced

14 - I pulled my front doorknob apart and it took a week to fix

15 - My medical insurance sucks

Songbird

1 - Colorblind

For you (bad language alert):
[youtube]bezU7Xq3JGQ[/youtube]
HAWP Puzzle Quest - YouTube

3 - I got my first ticket today in 16 years of driving - running a red light - and I haven't told my wife yet

How about now?

9 - I was betrayed by a 'friend' at work but didn't get fired

....leave us hanging, eh? I think I can guess: You stole post-its.

blackout

Violet.
1. My room is metalic purple.
2. My sleep usually consists of a morning nap, and an evening nap. ...four hours here, three hours there. I only sleep nights on weekends.
3. My I'doll's name is Ultra.
4. I spend more time making music, than I do listening to it.
5. I dye my hair, and my three youngest children's hair with 'alternative' colors. We have a bin full of all kinds of shades of pinks and fushias, reds, blues, aqua,
orange, electric yellow and green, and of course the ever important purple(s), for me. :D Everyone always knows we're together. :p
6. Of every food, I like my simple lettuce, pineapple/mango, tortilla chip, cheese, and extra virgin olive oil salad best. Well, besides fettucini alfredo that is. But only occasionally.
(and I like mine the best. It's probably the most fattening one in existence.)
7. I just recently discovered UV flavored Vodkas! They have inspired me to experiment with mixed drinks. Suddenly I feel like a bartender. lol
8. If I ever get to complete a well recorded CD of my musical conceptions and shorter working ideas,
it will be a fusion of the MANY musics and style elements I love, primarily in techno/new age/etherial , goth, and pop rhythm 'settings'.
9. After all these years, I have finally found that my voice is best suited for goth/pagan/chant/blues, free and improvizational in nature. It's where I can let loose and find my vocal power.
10. I have not had a new, or even a nice vehicle in many years.
I want a brand new van. Preferably... yes I am very predictable... purple. Shiny metalic purple. But any nice newish, reliable and good looking van would do. :rainbow1:
11. I want to move to Austin Texas. Or Southern Cali. I hate the North East. Lived here my whole life, too cold, WAY too expensive. I hate it. Did I already say that?
12. I'm hoping that my completely unique and well organized method of teaching piano/keyboards will make me an AWESOME living, once I get it out there (mass-marketed).
It truly is fabulous, and superior in so many ways. It may be the greatest thing I leave behind. Besides my children of course.
Success with my method on a widespread business level is my only hope that I might provide them with something more, and actually leave them an inheritance.
13. I have been conceptualizing and drawing my own Tarot Deck for the past year.
I took a break from drawing to gain a deeper understanding and insight of certain cards first.
I think I'm almost ready to begin drawing again.
14. Once I get out of this mortgage, I will NEVER ever 'buy' a house again.
I want the freedom to be able to simply pick up and leave/move at any time.
15. Once I get out of this marriage, I will never ever enter into a legal marriage again.
I absolutely prefer total legal Self Autonomy. As well, I never want to count on anyone again, for my prosperity/living/economic support etc.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People seem to be posting more. Round two?

1. I have read over 100 corporate annual reports or 10k filings. I've been told that's a really nerdy hobby. Actually, I kind of skim through them rather thoroughly rather than read word-for-word (since that would be like 20,000 pages for 100 of them). I spend a few hours on each.

2. For some reason, I feel uncomfortable if all 20 of my nails are not the same color. They all either need to be the same color, or no color. Some people paint fingers but not toes, or toes but not fingers, or paint them different colors, and I can't do that. I feel... imbalanced if I do.

3. I can put up a pretty good contest against many men in a pushup contest. (Or just about any contest that involves body weight exercises but not absolute strength exercises.)

4. I can't take naps. If I do by accident, I wake up tired and depressed, to a very high degree.

5. I LOVE Disney movies from the 90's. I loved the newer one, Tangled, as well.

6. I can juggle. Only three balls though. Not four, and nothing besides roughly spherical objects like balls or sandbags. It's not so hard, and sometimes I teach people how to do it.

7. My favorite drinks are water, green tea, and Captain and Coke.

8. I don't have a very good sense of smell.

9. Basically all of my jewelry is silver.

10. I tend to decorate things very minimally. I like open, empty interior spaces, with simplistic but quality furniture (usually wood w/ natural color), and a few decorative highlights here and there. My biggest annoyance in the world is clutter.

11. I have a thing for scented candles. I really love them. I usually use them for the above mentioned decorative highlights.

12. I'm really bad at first person shooter video games.

13. I don't have cable tv.

14. My favorite animals are snakes and cockatoos. Snakes are awesome, and it's fun to hold the safe ones. I used to have a pet boa when I was a kid. Cockatoos are so, so soft. When you pet their head, it's like petting a cloud made of silk and unicorn tears. And the best part is, most cockatoos absolutely love to cuddle. They're so affectionate, that having a cockatoo is a big responsibility because if they get lonely they can rip all their feathers out.

15. I live at the beach but rarely go. Too many tourists. Sometimes I go during off months, when I am dragged there. A few times I've vacationed in faraway beaches that are much nicer, and I enjoyed collecting beautiful shells.

Last edited:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
1. If I don't get a hike in everyday, I get anxious.
2. I haven't had my walk yet today.
3. I used to raise rabbits for 4-H. My first rabbit's name was Terrick, which is the sound of Carot backwards.
4. Ziggy gave him a heartattack when I was 17, and Terr was 6. I was pretty devastated.
5. I will not own pet fish.
6. This is because I loved my Beta named Zwi. I religiously cleaned his bowl once a week. One week, in a freak accident, the bottom of his bowl shattered. I searched for Zwi, to put him in a bowl of water before he suffocated, but alas, he was impaled with a shard of glass. Hence no more fish.
7. I have a dog, though. He's a good boy.
8. I love to rollerblade.
9. I also love water. You can't beat Michigan for water-- the Great Lakes really are something to be cherished.
10. My username is in Sindarin Elvish. I am a pretty big LotR geek.
11. My avatar is Momo from Avatar: The Last Airbender. He's associated with the air tribe. He's a flying lemur.
12. I think I'm probably Earth.
13. I am a Virgo, and though I don't really believe in astrology, the Virgo description is uncannily spot on for me.
14. I enjoy cooking and baking and jamming and canning. Oh, and eating. Come over and I'll make you dinner.
15. I am essentially happy.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Let's try this again:

1. I play the piano - grade 8 Royal Conservatory.
2. I play the harmonica... barely - a few weeks of self-study with a "teach yourself harmonica" book.
3. I have an inflatable whale named Zippy in my kitchen.
4. Right now, I'm learning how to fly planes (okay - not RIGHT now. Right now I'm typing. But I take flying lessons several times a week).
5. I have one sibling - a younger sister.
6. Even though I've lived in Canada all my life, I've never been to an NHL hockey game.
7. The only electronic games I play with any regularity are Angry Birds, Scrabble and Backgammon.
8. My favourite meal is sushi.
9. My favourite non-meal food is olives. I am an olive fiend.
10. I was the president of my university's photography club.
11. One of my teachers liked to tell my classmates and me that people in my generation would change careers six times on average. I figure I'm on career #3, getting ready for career #4.
12. I'm a Toastmaster - I've got my Advanced Communicator Bronze and have almost finished my Competent Leader (...this will probably be meaningless to non-Toastmasters).
13. Except for two weeks in university and several Movembers, I've had a goatee since I was 18.
14. I was on the local crew for the Toronto stop of Lilith Fair 1997.
15. I was a bike courier for 3 days. And no, I didn't count this (or the Lilith Fair gig) in my career count.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
What's a Movember? And do you desire to go to a NHL hockey game? I'd love to go. I've been to a couple of minor league games and, of course, university ones, and I LOVE live hockey. And they only get faster the higher up you go. GOOOOOOoooooo Red Wings!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What's a Movember?
The month formerly known as November, in which guys spend the month growing moustaches and raising money for prostate cancer charities: Movember Worldwide - Home

And do you desire to go to a NHL hockey game? I'd love to go.
Meh. I'm not really a ball-and-stick (or ball-or-stick) game kinda person. If it's one of my nephews' hockey games, or one of my niece's volleyball games, then I can get into it... but major league hockey just doesn't do it for me.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can't come up with 15 random things about myself. Usually, i need to be asked in specific, otherwise i can't easily locate any particular thing that seems worth sharing. I can come up with some things however, just not 15.

^ This counts as one thing about myself though, so:

2) In real life i'm actually very easily enraged (but here i get the chance to practice while trying to change that, since i have all the time i need before responding).

3) My fingers can be cracked for an infinite number of times. In other words, i can crack'em as many times as i want to.

4) I cried once while playing a video game.

5) I despise concerts, or live performances (except if people are seated and are acting sanely).

6) I'm both disgusted and fearful of most rodents. They move too fast, they look weird, and with the mustache and the tail its just too much to deal with. I have the same problem with cockroaches. I really hate them. Seeing either of those can make me jump out of my place.

7) A teacher once invited me to his room, and then told me to fight him. Which i did after he insisted and assured me that it won't leave this room and won't come back to bite me in anyway (in regards to penalties from the school).

Thats all i can think of.

Last edited: