• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 foods tied to death - and Bacon is one of them

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
no no no, not to worry, this study does not apply to you...and since I do not like bacon...you have have mine too
Oh stop it ! I am trying to rehabilitate the revolting one to have an aversion to bacon :D

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You tell me
Breakfast 2 Eggs, White Toast with Butter 2 Cups Black Coffee with Sugar

The two eggs are wonderful. But the white bread is dead food. Wholemeal or spelt bread is better. A little butter is OK, but not margarine. One or both cups of black coffee with sugar can be replaced by freshly squeezed juice (not bottled) or a fruit smoothie.

Lunch Turkey cold cuts on white bread,

The turkey cold cuts not so bad, but again get rid of the white bread.

Brand Cookies like oreo's(I get different ones) lays potato chips Motts blueberry or cinnamon flavored apple sauce, Snack Box of Kelogos cereal's (Sugar pop's, Froot loops, Frosted flakes, Coco crisps) Lipton sweat tea

Oh dear...all diabetes food. Way too much sugar. Potato chips are full of the wrong fats. Type 2 diabetes can result from too much sugar and refined carbohydrates. Our taste buds become corrupted and we crave more and more sugar. If you wean yourself off sugar or find a substitute like stevia, which actually balances blood sugar, you will give your pancreas a chance to rest and recover. After a couple of weeks without sugar, your taste buds readjust and all that sugar becomes too much. Try to replace sandwiches with salads in the summer and home made soup in the winter. Get recipes off the net. Both very easy to make. You won't believe how good you will feel by altering what you eat.

Dinner Meat Loaf, Canned Green Beans and White Rice Arizona green tea with lemon and honey (store brand)
I may have Ice Cream with chocolate syrup for desert or Brownies or Hostess Cherry, Apple pie.

No cooks at your place?
Is the meatloaf homemade? If not, get a recipe off the net so that you know what is in it. Replace the canned beans with fresh ones (steamed) and lose the white rice....brown rice is better, just need to cook it a bit longer. Try some fresh carrots or sweet potato. Orange vegetables are awesome for your health. Replace all the sugary stuff with nuts or fresh fruit.

I have Cookies and Nuts and sometimes fruit (Grapes or Blueberries) to snack on in between meals.

Have you ever tried to make pancakes? Buckwheat pancakes with blueberries and mashed bananas are delicious. Maple syrup is better for you than sugar syrups. Serve with a small nob of butter.

It's not hard to eat healthy. You just have to avoid processed foods and too much sugar. Anything pre-packaged is suspect. Fresh is best. Learn how to cook....you can make some awesome food. Just learn from YouTube videos. So easy.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Oh stop it ! I am trying to rehabilitate the revolting one to have an aversion to bacon :D

When did the plan change.....I thought the plan was to get rid of.....oh wait... that's a secret..... I should really start going to the RF meetings more often

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yup, see how nice of a 1500 pound killing machine I can be.....

367565914_d602b9f781_b.jpg
Tell me.....you don't eat bacon.....but what about bacon infused janitors?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Small amounts being the operative word. Focus is something other than meat. Why are you arguing the point?
That being vegetarian does not seem correlated with a longer life span, but rather it depends on a number of factors. Of course proper diet does matter, but out of the so-called "blue zones," those producing the most people who live to be over 100, only a couple are vegetarian.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I just find the idea of an amorphous 'they' to be quite interesting.

Well, it's no great mystery. When I refer to "health food nuts," I refer to people like my dear departed mother. Or anyone I've known in life (and they do abound) who will chide people over the kinds of foods they eat. Or people who write articles such as the one listed by the OP. I'm not saying there's any great plot here, nor am I saying that health food nuts are bad people. They're just a pain in the butt sometimes and they don't seem to understand that people eat "junk food" because it tastes better, not because they are intentionally poisoning their bodies.

"They" simply don't understand the joy one might get from a nice piece of cake or a thick juicy burger. "They" don't get it.

Kirran

Premium Member
Well, it's no great mystery. When I refer to "health food nuts," I refer to people like my dear departed mother. Or anyone I've known in life (and they do abound) who will chide people over the kinds of foods they eat. Or people who write articles such as the one listed by the OP. I'm not saying there's any great plot here, nor am I saying that health food nuts are bad people. They're just a pain in the butt sometimes and they don't seem to understand that people eat "junk food" because it tastes better, not because they are intentionally poisoning their bodies.

"They" simply don't understand the joy one might get from a nice piece of cake or a thick juicy burger. "They" don't get it.

I think I just found your initial wording strange, in that you seemed to say that the people "wanting you" to eat ore healthily had some kind of responsibility to persuade you better. Whereas the onus is on you if you wanna live more healthily.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
When did the plan change.....I thought the plan was to get rid of.....oh wait... that's a secret..... I should really start going to the RF meetings more often
Attendance at bacon anonymous is growing. :D Feel free to join us.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think I just found your initial wording strange, in that you seemed to say that the people "wanting you" to eat ore healthily had some kind of responsibility to persuade you better. Whereas the onus is on you if you wanna live more healthily.

But my point is, I am healthy, or at least reasonably so for my age (early 50s). I think it's more a state of mind than anything else.

Case in point: My mother was a health food nut who would always scold my grandfather over the unhealthy things he would eat. My grandfather remained healthy and lived to age 95. My mother was chronically ill and died at age 72.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's like saying someone who encourages people to quit smoking just doesn't understand the pleasures of smoking. Often times this "they" do get it, it's the users who aren't getting or understanding they are wrecking their health. Sure, it might taste better, but is better taste worth being at a higher risk of diabetes, obesity, and heart disease (and it really doesn't taste better if it's not what you normally eat)?
My dad is most likely going to loose his left leg. This is directly related to the fact he does not exercise, he sits in front of the TV eating all day, and although he had bariatric surgery over a decade ago he's around 300 pounds. My mom thinks all bread is whole grain, there is no real difference between butter and margarine, she doesn't think all the added stuff in processed food is bad, and she thinks it's dumb to read food labels. She's also can't figure out why she is struggling to loose weight.