• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 foods tied to death - and Bacon is one of them

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Are there some stats on that?

I can think of some people healthy enough to still be smoking in their 70's and 80's
I don't have ' stats ' but I recall learning that people inherit from parents in the sense that there is both good and bad.
If they inherit ' good ' from both parents they can pretty much do what they want and remain healthy.
If they inherit both ' good ' and ' bad ' then they are fairly healthy but need to watch, use caution.
If they inherit both ' bad ' then they are more like the younger people already in nursing homes.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Bacon once a week
2 Hotdogs 1 a month
Cold cuts 4 out of 5 work day's
Sugary Drinks 2 to 3 a day
Red Meat 3 times a week

Still alive. And I didn't even have to mention the pastries at least once a day.

Still alive?
eh.gif
Are you really?

Wow! it appears that you have broken all the rules on a healthy diet. I think your descriptor maybe more accurate than you think...."Liveinthenowist".....???? The 'nowist' maybe all there is with a diet like that....?
omg.gif

Humans are designed to consume living food....what on your list is alive apart from you?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Still alive?
eh.gif
Are you really?

Wow! it appears that you have broken all the rules on a healthy diet. I think your descriptor maybe more accurate than you think...."Liveinthenowist".....???? The 'nowist' maybe all there is with a diet like that....?
omg.gif

Humans are designed to consume living food....what on your list is alive apart from you?

You tell me
Breakfast 2 Eggs, White Toast with Butter 2 Cups Black Coffee with Sugar
Lunch Turkey cold cuts on white bread, Brand Cookies like oreo's(I get different ones) lays potato chips Motts blueberry or cinnamon flavored apple sauce, Snack Box of Kelogos cereal's (Sugar pop's, Froot loops, Frosted flakes, Coco crisps) Lipton sweat tea
Dinner Meat Loaf, Canned Green Beans and White Rice Arizona green tea with lemon and honey (store brand)
I may have Ice Cream with chocolate syrup for desert or Brownies or Hostess Cherry, Apple pie.

I have Cookies and Nuts and sometimes fruit (Grapes or Blueberries) to snack on in between meals.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Bacon, soda & too few nuts tied to big portion of US deaths

Good" ingredients

—Fruits: 3 average-sized fruits daily

—Vegetables: 2 cups cooked or 4 cups raw vegetables daily

—Nuts/seeds: 5 1-ounce servings per week — about 20 nuts per serving

—Whole grains: 2 ½ daily servings

—Polyunsaturated fats, found in many vegetable oils: 11 percent of daily calories

—Seafood: about 8 ounces weekly

"Bad" ingredients

—Red meat: 1 serving weekly — 1 medium steak or the equivalent

—Processed meat: None recommended <<<<<< BACON is fund here

—Sugary drinks: None recommended

—Salt: 2,000 milligrams daily — just under a teaspoon.
In leau of the situation with my heart and diabetes, it's pretty much what my doctor said. I'm eating much better and cut out all snack foods in exchange for veggies. I still eat fish like sardines and tuna and poultry, but only one serving a day and the rest is fruit and veggies.

No extra salt but pepper is fine.

Something about preparation of whole non processed foods. Its a flavor I hadn't experienced in a long time. I forgot how delicious it can be. And how much better you can feel as a trade-off from junk food to a better sense of well being in how the body responds. I already lost. 15 pounds since my last weigh in and feeling a lot more stronger and better than before.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Bacon once a week
2 Hotdogs 1 a month
Cold cuts 4 out of 5 work day's
Sugary Drinks 2 to 3 a day
Red Meat 3 times a week
Bacon 2-3 times a month
Hotdog or other processed sausage once a month
Cold cuts 1-2 days a week (trying to eat less)
1-2 sugary drinks a week (I drink orange soda because it helps prevent/eliminate kidney stones)
Red meat (beef or pork) 1-2 times a week (trying to cut back more)
Chicken or turkey 3-4 times a week

Still alive, actually in pretty good health (despite diabetes and whatever is messing with my mind that they can't diagnose). Still expect to die eventually; not particularly concerned about the manner, as I have a directive for non-resuscitate, and should I have longer-term terminal illness, I have options for bringing about the inevitable at a time more of my choosing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Bacon, soda & too few nuts tied to big portion of US deaths

Good" ingredients

—Fruits: 3 average-sized fruits daily

—Vegetables: 2 cups cooked or 4 cups raw vegetables daily

—Nuts/seeds: 5 1-ounce servings per week — about 20 nuts per serving

—Whole grains: 2 ½ daily servings

—Polyunsaturated fats, found in many vegetable oils: 11 percent of daily calories

—Seafood: about 8 ounces weekly

"Bad" ingredients

—Red meat: 1 serving weekly — 1 medium steak or the equivalent

—Processed meat: None recommended <<<<<< BACON is fund here

—Sugary drinks: None recommended

—Salt: 2,000 milligrams daily — just under a teaspoon.
Without bacon, you can live a long & uninspired life.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

If they really want people to eat healthy, they should really try to make health food more appetizing. I know that health food nuts mean well, but health food just doesn't taste as good as junk food. If I had to choose between celery sticks and chocolate chip cookies, I would choose the cookies. No amount of warnings or cajoling or lectures about junk food can change this reality: Health food sucks.

I don't want to offend any fans of health food; if you like it, great. But for me, I just don't care for it. It's not that I want to eat unhealthy things; but it just turns out that the things I really like happen to be unhealthy. The things that are deemed "healthy" are things which I'm not too wild about.

But I still consider myself reasonably healthy. I'm hardly ever sick, and I'm still in pretty good shape.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But I bet the method of dying is much more enjoyable and costs less for the veggie folks.
No promises or guarantees. After all, Adam Douglass did die of a heart attack during his regular exercise routine. Sometimes people are struck down by accident. Sometimes their own body goes rogue. And of course even trying to stay home to stay safe comes with it's own risks of accidental death. Of course somethings are dumb to do, such as smoking, but if you don't drink many sodas or eat much red meat then the occasional soda and burger isn't going to hurt you.
And, in reality, of the cultures that produce the most 100+ year olds, most of them do consume small amounts of meat and alcohol.

Watchmen

Premium Member
No promises or guarantees. After all, Adam Douglass did die of a heart attack during his regular exercise routine. Sometimes people are struck down by accident. Sometimes their own body goes rogue. And of course even trying to stay home to stay safe comes with it's own risks of accidental death. Of course somethings are dumb to do, such as smoking, but if you don't drink many sodas or eat much red meat then the occasional soda and burger isn't going to hurt you.
And, in reality, of the cultures that produce the most 100+ year olds, most of them do consume small amounts of meat and alcohol.
Small amounts being the operative word. Focus is something other than meat. Why are you arguing the point?

Kirran

Premium Member
If they really want people to eat healthy, they should really try to make health food more appetizing.

There's no real 'they' here who's gonna hold your hand - the resources and information are available to eat healthily and ethically if we choose.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Moderation, moderation, moderation. Nobody should go through life depriving themselves but eating bacon everyday is going to cause to help you either.....damn I feel like having some bacon right now.