• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Two and a Half Men’ Star Angus T. Jones Calls Show ‘Filth’

no-body

‘Two and a Half Men’ Star Angus T. Jones Calls Show ‘Filth’ | Fox News Latino

Nineteen-year-old Angus T. Jones says in video posted online by a Christian church that the show is “filth” and people shouldn’t watch it.

“Please stop watching it,” said Jones. “Please stop filling your head with filth.”

Jones has been on the show, which used to feature bad-boy actor Charlie Sheen, since he was 10, but now says he doesn’t want to be on it anymore.

In the video posted by the Forerunner Christian Church in Fremont, Calif., Jones describes a search for a spiritual home. He says the type of entertainment he’s involved in adversely affects the brain and “there’s no playing around when it comes to eternity.”

“You cannot be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that,” he said. “I know I can’t. I’m not OK with what I’m learning, what the Bible says, and being on that television show.”

I find this very amusing.

no-body

I wonder if they'll finally cancel the show or if they'll just get rid of his character. I suppose they could always use Patton Oswalts character as the new "half man"

MatthiasGould

Alhamdulillah!
I can't see why people are making a fuss about this. He has found a faith and he is trying his hardest to ensure he lives by that faith. Fair enough his approach may be rough or seemingly hypocritical given he's going to make a lot of money fromt the show.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I can't see why people are making a fuss about this. He has found a faith and he is trying his hardest to ensure he lives by that faith. Fair enough his approach may be rough or seemingly hypocritical given he's going to make a lot of money fromt the show.

Going to make a lot of money from the show? Going to? The guy has been on the show since he was a kid, broke records for highest paid child actor ever, and is currently making a whopping $350,000 per episode. I'd say he's already made a fortune on that show. If he was really all that torn up about it and felt his morals all compromised by his participation in such "filth" he could give all those ill-gotten monies back and relieve his poor soul some.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

The bit I've highlighted is why people are making a fuss about this.

If he really does think that he's creating "filth", then he's selling his faith and ethics for personal gain.

MatthiasGould

Alhamdulillah!
Going to make a lot of money from the show? Going to? The guy has been on the show since he was a kid, broke records for highest paid child actor ever, and is currently making a whopping $350,000 per episode. I'd say he's already made a fortune on that show. If he was really all that torn up about it and felt his morals all compromised by his participation in such "filth" he could give all those ill-gotten monies back and relieve his poor soul some.

Ever thpught this issue of morality might be something he'd developed more recently? People don't always know what they want or think, and such a faith position doesn't always come naturally or promptly to some people.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
One consideration is that if he disapproves of the show, he better decide to leave it ASAP.

Another is that, quite frankly, many people find the notion of a new Kirk Cameron amusing. As well they should.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Poor kid. These child actors never seem to even have a chance of turning out normal.

I don't begrudge the kid his millions, or his new-found faith, or his condemnation of the show. I just hope he finds balance.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Poor kid. These child actors never seem to even have a chance of turning out normal.

I don't begrudge the kid his millions, or his new-found faith, or his condemnation of the show. I just hope he finds balance.

It's funny how it seems to vary by show. The kids from the Wonder Years all seemed to turn out fine. Heck, Danica McKellar has a mathematic theorem named after her.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Ever thpught this issue of morality might be something he'd developed more recently? People don't always know what they want or think, and such a faith position doesn't always come naturally or promptly to some people.

Sure. It just seems kind of weird to tell people to stop watching your show. I'd guess he could just quit the show, even if there was some repercussion because of his contract. If he feels that strongly, it seems like he shouldn't hesitate to do that regardless.

But as has been brought up, he's a child actor, and it can be really tough for them. I wouldn't be too harsh on him, unless the hypocrisy continued for a long time.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
More power to him. It takes courage to admit a mistake. And besides, there are certainly things more worthy of rejection that that show.