• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kemetic Q&A- Ask any respectful question

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I will mention that such Kemetic miracles always went with the old Pharoahs in ancient times as well. You can find it in the ancient heiroglyphs. Anyone that meets Rev. Tamara Siuda in person is immediately convinced of her spiritual calling. The same was true of the ancient Pharoahs. When a foreigner met the Pharoahs, they knew the Pharoahs had a divine calling.

Rainbow Mage

Well Antibush the only Nisut of antiquity we don't look very highly on that I know if is Akhenaten (AUS). We can't disrespect him, because he possessed the kingly ka, but some of the things he did was absolutely damaging and did long term damage to the nation. He had the best intentions at heart. I think we finally added his statue to our kingly ka shrine a few years ago

Rainbow Mage

As for our current Nisut though. She is an absolute dearheart. We all love her, and call her mother. She does things like bake cookies and muffins for us when we go to the main temple, and she is very nice and soft spoken.

Rainbow Mage

There are members of the faith in the UK that may have open house shrines, where there are events and such. The faith is worldwide.

acidrica

Wannabe Mortician
I'm also available for questions about KO, though I'm not yet a Shemsu in the faith. I may not know the answer right off the bat, but I can certainly find it out for anyone who asks. :3

GabrielWithoutWings

Also, where does the concept of morality stem from in Kemetic belief? Is it imprinted upon the human soul by the gods, similar to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to make one's conscience activate?

Daniel09

Akera-Heru
I don't personally have faith in the validity of the leader of KO, but as a follower of basically the rest of the religion, I can tell you that holy would generally refer to one who is believed to be a "god in human form" as it were. Someone with wisdom and authority to impart that wisdom usefully.

As for morality, I think I can answer this with far more certainty than my understanding of the other. Morality is not a real concept, honestly. What Kemetics believe is that there is a force known as Ma'at, and it is the duty of the followers to make peace with Ma'at by living a balanced life. Accepting the light and dark facets of yourself is paramount because denying half of yourself can only lead to issues. So there are no real afflictions except when someone promotes too much chaos.

Now, some might bring up the list of "confessions" by someone I cannot remember from Egyptian History. He says things like "I have not killed" and such, supposedly to demonstrate that his soul is pure. It can be related to Ma'at though, as everything described would lead to a heavy imbalance in a person's life.

GabrielWithoutWings

Now, some might bring up the list of "confessions" by someone I cannot remember from Egyptian History. He says things like "I have not killed" and such, supposedly to demonstrate that his soul is pure. It can be related to Ma'at though, as everything described would lead to a heavy imbalance in a person's life.

The 42 Negative Confessions?

1. Hail Strider coming from Iunu (Heliopolis), I am not doing (making) Isfet.
2. Hail Hept-seshet, coming from Kher-aha, I do not steal (literally, "there is no stealing [in] me.")
3. Hail Beaky-one, coming from Khmun (Hermopolis), I do not harbor enemies.
4. Hail Shadow-swallower, coming from Qernet, I do not murder (men); [to be said] twice.
5. Hail Terrible-Faced One, coming from Rosetjau, I do not disobey requirements.
6. Hail Pair of Lions, coming from Heaven, I do not distort speech (khebet).
7. Hail His-Two-Eyes-Of-Fire, coming from Sauty (Lycopolis), I do not steal anything belonging to Netjer.
8. Hail Fiery One, coming forth backwards, I do not speak lies.
9. Hail Bone-Breaker, coming forth from Neni-nisut (Hierakonpolis), I do not carry off the offering-bread.
10. Hail Bright-Flame, coming forth from Ptah's temple in Mennefer (Hwt-ka-Ptah in Memphis), I do not dislike myself.
11. Hail Qererti, coming forth from Amenti, I do not fornicate with minors.
12. Hail His-Face-Behind-Him, coming forth from his roof, I do not give the wink.
13. Hail Bast, coming forth from the shrine, I do not eat my heart.
14. Hail Hot-feet, coming forth from the dawn, I do not damage myself with lies.
15. Hail Swallower of Blood, coming forth from the chopping-block, I do not commit usury with grain.
16. Hail Swallower of Intestines, coming forth from the Thirteen, I do not plunder cultivated lands.
17. Hail Lord of Ma'at, coming forth from [the hall of] Ma'ati, I do not discuss [my] secrets.
18. Hail Backwards-Walker, coming forth from Per-Bast, I do not babble.
19. Hail Goose, coming forth from Iunu, I do not argue without reason.
20. Hail Evil One, coming forth from Ity, I do not have sex with a man's wife.
21. Hail Blazing Snake, coming forth from the execution place, I do not have sex with a man's wife.
22. Hail Looking-upon-His-Offerings, coming forth from the House of Min, I do not engage in careless sex.
23. Hail Heru-wer, coming forth from Yam, I do not terrorize people.
24. Hail Overthrower, coming forth from Qis, I do not lead myself astray.
25. Hail Binder-of-Speech, coming forth from the Inundation, I do not enflame myself.
26. Hail Young One, coming forth from Wabui, I am not neglectful of Ma'at.
27. Hail Shrouded One, coming forth from the clouds, I do not cause suffering.
28. Hail Bringer-of-His-Offerings, coming forth from Sau, I am not spiteful.
29. Hail Foreteller of Speech, coming forth from Wensy, I do not cause tumult.
30. Hail Lord of Faces, coming forth from Nedjfet, I am not impatient.
31. Hail Maker-of-Plans, coming forth from Utent, I am not an eavesdropper.
32. Hail Lord-of-Two-Horns, coming forth from Sauty, I do not talk too much.
33. Hail Nefertem, coming forth from Het-ka-Ptah, I do not wrong myself, I do not do evil.
34. Hail You-Who-Leaves-Nothing-Out, coming forth from Djedu (Busiris), I do not revile the Nisut.
35. Hail Working-in-His-Heart, coming forth from Tjebu, I do not wade in waters.
36. Hail Ihy, coming forth from the Nun, I do not exalt my own voice.
37. Hail Wadjet of the people, coming forth from Sau, I do not revile Netjer.
38. Hail Nehebkau, coming forth from his cavern, I do not cause grief.
39. Hail Neheb-nefret, coming forth from his cavern, I do not cancel the cake-offerings of Netjer.
40. Hail Holy-of-head, coming forth from his shrine, I do not carry away offering-cakes from the Akhu.
41. Hail Carrying-in-His-Portion, coming forth from Ma'ati, I do not carry off the offering-cakes for the children; I have not tied up the god of my town.
42. Hail White-Tusks, coming forth from Lake-land, I do not slaughter divine cattle-herds.

Daniel09

Akera-Heru
Yes, I think that's it, and it's not quite what I have read in descriptions of it. XD

As for what it's like to experience the Kemetic Pantheon, it's a decently interesting thing. The gods don't tend to interfere very much, but when they do it is in a symbolic fashion and is often very compelling on the emotions. I have had what I believe to be an interaction with Anubis in a dream. He did not come out and tell me who he was, but the dogs he had all around him seemed to be a clue in to me, and the way he talked about everything and how he will be guiding my father when his time comes.

Rainbow Mage

For the KOs, I notice that the Nisut is referred to as 'Her Holiness'. What exactly is the nature of something 'holy' in KO?

We call her that as a show of respect, reverencing her as the leader of our faith and our spiritual mother in a sense. She is not somehow above other people, nor does she wish to be, as she has stated several times. She accepted this position with humbleness and lowliness.

Rainbow Mage

Also, where does the concept of morality stem from in Kemetic belief? Is it imprinted upon the human soul by the gods, similar to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to make one's conscience activate?

The way of Ma'at is the inherent nature of all living things, similar to the Tao in Taoism. It is not a thing, it's a nature. From this nature stems a certain moral code that humans can hardly express in words, but the negative confessions is a good example.

Rainbow Mage

For those who have had experiences with the Kemetic pantheon, what's it like?

It's wonderful. The gods and goddesses are the best friends one could ever ask for. They of course should be approached with reverence, but they always honor reverence, and they never neglect those who fill their shrine with offerings. They are very paternal like a father or a mother is