• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kemetic Q&A- Ask any respectful question

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Why are the earlier dynasties better? Are they 'purer' somehow?

You could say that. KO have a unique stance on this. We don't think the religion progressing is bad in and of itself, but mixing it with Olympian worship and saying our gods are the Olympians, that's over the line even for us. We do claim to be a living religion that evolves and grows like a living organism.

NeilPye

The Heretic
Can I be a Marxist and a Kemetic?

How do Kemetics pray?

How do pay respect to the Gods?

Could you worship select god(s) instead out of the whole pantheon?

Boethiah

Penguin
It has been a while since I've posted here... oops :eek:

I actually have a few questions:

1. Is there an official view on current social issues? (Homosexuality, abortion, etc)? Or, do Kemetics come to their own conclusions?

2. How do Kemetics generally see other religions (like, is Kemeticism the best path, or is it a more religious relativist view, or somewhere inbetween?)

3. How do Kemetics worship. In congregation? In private? Both? Are there prescribed rituals that are followed?

4. How do Kemetics view infallibility (is anyone infallible?)

Rainbow Mage

Can I be a Marxist and a Kemetic?

How do Kemetics pray?

Dear "Name" (Insert god here)...

How do pay respect to the Gods?

Prayers, offerings, love, meditation, mantras, good works

Could you worship select god(s) instead out of the whole pantheon?

Well seeing as we believe they are all facets of one God you could focus on specific facets of God I suppose

Rainbow Mage

It has been a while since I've posted here... oops :eek:

I actually have a few questions:

1. Is there an official view on current social issues? (Homosexuality, abortion, etc)? Or, do Kemetics come to their own conclusions?

Homosexuality: Homosexuality is seen as perfectly natural and accepted as such. There's really no evidence the ancient Kemetics considered it immoral either.

Abortion: Not elective abortion, but abortion with an actual cause: life of the mother, rape, etc.

2. How do Kemetics generally see other religions (like, is Kemeticism the best path, or is it a more religious relativist view, or somewhere inbetween?)

Everyone's religion is for them. Naturally I believe Kemeticism has the fullness of truth, but that doesn't mean it has the only truth.

3. How do Kemetics worship. In congregation? In private? Both? Are there prescribed rituals that are followed?

Kemetics worship in rituals, and gathering on holy days.

4. How do Kemetics view infallibility (is anyone infallible?)

Not infalliable, but authoratative. The Nisut is seen as the representative of God.

Kai'a

Freethinker
Just saying I am another KO member so possibly might be able to help out Senedjem. (Tasai, should anybody look for me.) However I am more non-kemetic orthodox so my view on things can get rather different from the practices going within the church.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I am Kemetic because the gods of Egypt drew me to be, especially Horus, whom in Kemetic is called Heru-sa-Aset (Heru son of Aset/Isis). Heru-sa-Aset started showing himself to me in dreams and speaking to me in my mind when I was still a Buddhist. I learned about the House of Netjer online, and I asked the gods and goddesses to show themselves to me if they were real. Heru-sa-Aset did, and this was quickly followed by Djehuty (Thoth) and Set. I hope I've answered your question to satisfaction :)

Heru-Sa-Aset is Horus the Younger. There is also a Horus the Elder.
(I am a Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu since 2005, with Heru-Sa-Aset having my head, and Wepwawet, Sekhmet, and Wesir as beloveds)

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

How is magick viewed in the Kemetic Orthodoxy?

This is sort of a complicated answer, but I will give it my best shot, and then refer you to a source if I feel I wasn't specific enough. Kemetic Orthodoxy uses the Egyptian word heka, rather then the word magic. Heka means to speak with authority, so it is believed to be mostly tied in with words, although there are other types tied in with thought processes and energy. Intent is 9/10ths of heka, so how much your heart is in it will effect the result. Heka is governed by Ma'at, meaning do as you will, but just know that everything has a consequence. Ma'at isn't going to say, thou shalt not misuse heka. You can misuse it, and then Ma'at will bring the consequences.

Here is more information on Kemetic Orthodoxy's wiki

Heka - Wepwawet Wiki

Joshua Noctis

A Curious Wanderer
Thank you. That did clear things up for me.

Another question if you don't mind: Does the Kemetic Church frown upon other forms of magick? Such as Golden Dawn Ritual Magick, or Chaos Magick? Just want to know how this faction of Kemetism responds to magick of different paradigms. I would like to know if any of the my occult practices would be "frowned upon" if I were to join. (Which I plan on doing after taking my ASVAT and going through Naval Basic Training). I do not anything extreme (like blood letting and other foolish things), just calling Netjer and performing other rituals for specific effects.

If you do not know the answers to this, it's perfectly cool. I was just pondering. :angel2:

Last edited:

emptybe

Om Mani Padme Hum
What's the relationship between the Gods and man? Is it more of a slave/master relationship like Christianity or a kinship like Asatru?

Rainbow Mage

Another question if you don't mind: Does the Kemetic Church frown upon other forms of magick? Such as Golden Dawn Ritual Magick, or Chaos Magick? Just want to know how this faction of Kemetism responds to magick of different paradigms. I would like to know if any of the my occult practices would be "frowned upon" if I were to join. (Which I plan on doing after taking my ASVAT and going through Naval Basic Training). I do not anything extreme (like blood letting and other foolish things), just calling Netjer and performing other rituals for specific effects.

If you do not know the answers to this, it's perfectly cool. I was just pondering. :angel2:

Well we don't really frown on anything of other people's practices. It's not our business. What's for us is for us, however, I wouldn't say we would consider black magic suggested, meaning there would be consequences from Ma'at. Like I said, Ma'at isn't thou shalt or thou shalt not. A good way to see Ma'at is as being like karma.

Rainbow Mage

What's the relationship between the Gods and man? Is it more of a slave/master relationship like Christianity or a kinship like Asatru?

A kinship. The gods and we are co-existing symbiotic beings. We don't entirely understand the nature of this relationship, but the gods love us, and they don't want slaves.

acidrica

Wannabe Mortician

I practice Chaos Magic, and I'm KO, and I know at least one other person who does so as well. As far as I know, there's no issue with it, though I may be mistaken, in which case....oops. >>

Joshua Noctis

A Curious Wanderer
I practice Chaos Magic, and I'm KO, and I know at least one other person who does so as well. As far as I know, there's no issue with it, though I may be mistaken, in which case....oops. >>

LOL. Thanks for your reply. I am a student of the occult, which why I was curious. I have a question for you. How does it feel to be part of the KO? Do you mind telling me about your intial experiences at KO?

To Proud2BGay: I understand your explanation of Ma'at.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
LOL. Thanks for your reply. I am a student of the occult, which why I was curious. I have a question for you. How does it feel to be part of the KO? Do you mind telling me about your intial experiences at KO?

To Proud2BGay: I understand your explanation of Ma'at.

I know this was not addressed to me, but as I am KO, I can tell you that it feels like being a part of a large, extended family. Everyone is very supportive of each other, and I have yet to see any divisiveness to the extent I have seen in any other group. The Nisut is a very warm and caring person who genuinely cares for the people within the House of Netjer.
When I was joining, I directly asked our Nisut about whether my Western Hermetic practices and Chaos magick practices would conflict with KO, and she said that it is in no way a problem.

Last edited: