• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view about gay people

Your view about gay people

• They are normal citizens - i live in a non-muslim country

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • They are normal citizens - i live in a muslim country

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • They should be treated as criminals - i live in a non-muslim country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should be treated as criminals - i live i a muslim country

• I don't know what to think about this - i live in a non-muslim country

• I don't know what to think about this - i live in a muslim country

• Total voters

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Salam a'likom

I wanted to know what you think about gay people in general. (not about homosexuality)

As i live in the west i'm used to meet gay people since i'm young : at school, work etc
Most of time they are kind and sympathetic people.

Recently i've seen in the medias many articles about the persecution of gay people, in Tunisia in particular.
Today again i've read an article about some gay tunisians who were tortured and humiliated by the police, beaten and touched by them. And as a "spectacle" they asked them to dance.
This lead some of those gays to commit suicide.

When i see that their ex-president who stole billions, who putted in prison and tortured many people etc is free and living in a villa in KSA, i wonder what is worst ...

Anyway, i just wanted to know what you think about this, even if homosexuality is not permitted in Islam and it can't be legalized how those people should be treated and your view about them.

The facebook page of the LGBT association (some articles in french, arabic and english) : https://fr-fr.facebook.com/lgbtrightstunisia

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Salam a'likom

I wanted to know what you think about gay people in general. (not about homosexuality)

As i live in the west i'm used to meet gay people since i'm young : at school, work etc

Recently i've seen in the medias many articles about the persecution of gay people, in Tunisia in particular.
Today again i've read an article about some gay tunisians who were tortured and humiliated by the police, beaten and touched by them. And as a "spectacle" they asked them to dance.

When i see that their ex-president who stole billions, who putted in prison and tortured many people etc is free and living in a villa in KSA, i wonder what is worst ...

Anyway, i just wanted to know what you think about this, even if homosexuality is not permitted in Islam and it can't be legalized how those people should be treated and your view about them.

The facebook page of the LGBT association (some articles in french, arabic and english) : https://fr-fr.facebook.com/lgbtrightstunisia
Walaykom al-Salam

I live in country the homosexual is rejected by community .

I am not sure about law .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
A friend help me , it's seems in Algeria , law punish them for 2 months in jail and tax about $100

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
May I respectfully point out that the question in the thread asks whether you think they should be treated as criminals, which is not necessarily the same as the law says?

Union

Hi . Whether gays stay in Muslim or non-Muslim country , they should be admonished and prevented from this immoral act . If this not actioned the whole community will be polluted slowly . Imagine a nation whose whole/majority males are gays ?!

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
A friend help me , it's seems in Algeria , law punish them for 2 months in jail and tax about $100
Salam a'likom

How you know if a person is a gay?

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I just can't imagine a true Muslim community accepting gay people...

Nor can I imagine gay people being able to live normally in a true Muslim community...

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
thanks for this hint.

I was not talkin about punishing of the people because they are guys , I know many persons are gays, they act like girls , the authority never punish them ,because they are gays .

authority punish for sex gay , so when two men found in sex position .

So i will change my vote from 4 to 2

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
May I respectfully point out that the question in the thread asks whether you think they should be treated as criminals, which is not necessarily the same as the law says?
Law talk about ban sex between same gender . ( Law regarding same-sex sexual activity)

gay or lesbien are free in Algeria (not punished) since they are don't make sex with each other.

so individual there is not punishement ,otherwise annouced dual relation, the law apply on them .

Pastek

Sunni muslim
. If this not actioned the whole community will be polluted slowly . Imagine a nation whose whole/majority males are gays ?!

So you think those people should be punished ? But this won't change who they are. They may be quite and not say they are gays but that's all.
My question is what do you think when for exemple they are humilated (more than some criminals), or what is your attitude when you meet them if they talk with you for exemple at work etc
I'm not talking about the Law but the people.

Some say they are gays, and some it shows in their attitude. Anyway the question is wherever you live what do you think of them, in particular when you meet some of them in work, street, it can be your neighbor, etc

I just can't imagine a true Muslim community accepting gay people...

Nor can I imagine gay people being able to live normally in a true Muslim community...

I'm not talking about gay prides or think like that, i'm just talking about people you know they are gays.
Someone at school, at work, your neighbor etc and what you think when they are humiliated in prison for exemple ...
I'm not talking about what the Law say or should do, but more the relation with the person.

Thanks @Godobeyer for explaining about your country.
You said you know many gay people, are they persecuted or live normally ?
Do they hide the fact they are gays or people know but they act like they don't know ?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Some say they are gays, and some it shows in their attitude. Anyway the question is wherever you live what do you think of them, in particular when you meet some of them in work, street, it can be your neighbor, etc

I think they're humans.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Do they hide the fact they are gays or people know but they act like they don't know ?
Some are persecuted (mocked) some are not .

depend on live normally "means" , if you mean individual that for sure they live normally , if you mean couples , no thats not allowed .

They behave like girls , I had two friend behave like woman , now they become normal man .

Our community is conservative , so this act (same sex relation) is shame and against the religion and tradition .

Union

So you think those people should be punished ? But this won't change who they are. They may be quite and not say they are gays but that's all.
My question is what do you think when for exemple they are humilated (more than some criminals), or what is your attitude when you meet them if they talk with you for exemple at work etc

I am living in country where people have free-sex and drink a lot , 90% of them live together as boy friends and girl friends - still they are my good co-workers , friends and/or neighbors . Same applies to gays . What they are doing is wrong but it doesn't mean I have to humiliate them whenever I encounter them and break my relation with them .

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
I'm not talking about gay prides or think like that, i'm just talking about people you know they are gays.
Someone at school, at work, your neighbor etc and what you think when they are humiliated in prison for exemple ...
I'm not talking about what the Law say or should do, but more the relation with the person.

I am also not talking about gay prides or think like that...

The values of the Muslim communities can't accept the gays...

Nor the gays can live with the values of the Muslim communities...

Sakeenah

Assallaamu alaikum,

I treat people who I know that are gay where I live like I treat others
I may not agree with them but it doesnt mean I should disrespect,humiliate them.