• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

your religions credentials please

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Before Moses was Noah, after Noah people populated ancient Babylon. As the people left Babylon they took with them their religious practices and ideas and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great. That is why we see so many similar or overlapping ideas in the religious world. In other words, mankind can trace its family religious tree back to it base in ancient Babylon long before Moses.
Only one nation, the nation of ancient Israel was given the Scriptures ( Bible ).

I find you are Not alone in your thinking about nothing lasts forever/ eternal, and to me that includes being reborn.
Always being reborn to me would mean eternally being born.
Many people ( all who lived before Jesus ) never heard of Jesus or the Bible, but Jesus' ransom death paid the price for all of us, so the Bible did Not cease to exist because they had Not heard of it. They will hear and learn about the Bible on Resurrection Day ( meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth when enemy death will be No more on Earth ).

At this time frame we do die, but according to the Bible the time is coming when death will be No more on Earth.
Earth will become a beautiful paradisical garden as the Garden of Eden originally was.
Sure, everything is in constant change. That is normal. Even with enemy death out of the picture, there will be constant change, but it will be good changes such as what is described in Isaiah 35.

The nature of rebirth is in all things. When a book decays, say burned, its recyled into the earth. When we die our ashes are recycled into the earth. Its a cycle not a linear eternal perminent state of being. Its ever changing like you werent the same as a child as you are now. The earth and humans are not the center of space and all universes. Thats ego. Everything is interconnected. Humans arent special.

My belief is specific to ending samasara through specific practices taught by The Buddha. If there were no Roman empire, no romans, thered be no christianity. We arent special. Christianity isnt special. Popular yes. Special, no.

When there are no humans on the earth, how does the bible continue to live? Is it dependant on the people?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It would seem easy enough to get rid of personal copy of the Bible but No ban, No destroying of all Bibles.

Yes. It is possible to destroy all bibles. Even when (not if) humans no longer inhabit the planet, that one bible left will decay just as everything else. It's the laws of nature. Everything changes. Born, ages, decays, and recycles to be born again in another way or fashion.

Just like a Bible person can be killed, but No one can get rid of all Bible people (ones with a relationship with Christ).

People die. If the world was made up of only ten people, why would we not think that one person out all nine that died will live forever?

Yes, agree the Bible is a perishable paper, but No one has ever been able to bring an end to it. Sorry I was Not more clear about that. Bans, burning of the Bibles (and Bible people) can't make the Bible go away. A personal copy can be destroyed but the Bible as God's Word will never go away. Many Bible's in many languages are printed each day.

The Bible hasn't been around that long. It's not everlasting. It sounds like you are more connected to the bible than who the bible speaks of and who existed way before the bible came to existence. The bible had a beginning. The bible has an end.

The bible is not Jesus Christ.

Since there will 'never' be a time when all humans die on this planet, then there is No reason for the Bible to end.

It reminds me of the Dhamma talk I listen to I think this morning. I like Thubten Chrodron, a Buddhist nun who talks about meditating on death. We cut our attachments of "living forever" for a life in the state of change. Her talks are beautiful.

That does not make sense that there will not be a time humans won't exist on the planet. Where do you think we were before the first human came to be? Why Earth and not the Planet Futon way on fifth quadrant of the sixty fourth galaxy? Why do people think they have the answer to the universe's problems?

Why is god's existence and his oral word dependant on whether the physical bible exists and ideas of humans who die?

Before Moses was Noah, after Noah people populated ancient Babylon. As the people left Babylon they took with them their religious practices and ideas and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great. That is why we see so many similar or overlapping ideas in the religious world. In other words, mankind can trace its family religious tree back to it base in ancient Babylon long before Moses.

Yes. Hinduism has older practices. African religions have old practices before colonization. We have Roman views everywhere in the states. In our nation's capitol. In our national archives. Our library of congress. Our politics. Everything. Christianity is Roman not Jewish. If you're just going off the bible, then when the bible no longer exists, would you still have a relationship with christ? and what is your relationship dependant on?

Most christians who have no bible their relationship is dependant on god's words-the oral words in their heart. The whispers they hear and the experiences they have.

I find you are Not alone in your thinking about nothing lasts forever/ eternal, and to me that includes being reborn.

It's a Dharmic view just as the earth turns and stars blow up and dissipate, no different. It's not special. We don't need to be "spiritual" and have high states of consciousness to see the revolving nature of the earth, the people, how we change, and grow, etc.

Religion should be a fact not a belief. I don't need to be a Buddhist to know that Buddhist teachings are true and a fact. I just choose to live my life around how The Buddha taught to live and interpret these facts so our lives will be better because of our effort and training of the mind. If were stuck on what rebirth is compared to samsara. Why Brahman and not Brahma, etc, then it defeats the purpose.

Christianity is very theological.

Always being reborn to me would mean eternally being born.
Many people ( all who lived before Jesus ) never heard of Jesus or the Bible, but Jesus' ransom death paid the price for all of us, so the Bible did Not cease to exist because they had Not heard of it. They will hear and learn about the Bible on Resurrection Day ( meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth when enemy death will be No more on Earth ).

Believe it or not, if I didn't move here, I would have never been christian. I'd be the only American I know in a highly christian influenced area who has never been indoctrinated, never believed in god, never taught about god, and never knew jesus (none of these things personal), and probably would never heard of RF. Half of this stuff I'd be pretty dumbfounded on, and most parts still am just I have something to go off of now, but not in a way that answers any questions.

I mean, I wish all people can follow The Buddha's teachings; and that is not the way life goes. Everyone is at their varies stages in their spiritual growth. Rebirth in samsara happens to all people, all things, all living. It doesn't stop.

The bible is a physical written teachings about god's oral dictations incarnated as a human being. If anything, christ won't die.

If christ's existence is dependant on the bible, I see no sense in it. If the bible is dependent on christ existence, that's logical. Because without the bible christ will exist. Without christ, the bible won't exist.

Christ is the cornerstone. Not the bible. (John 5:39)

Sanzbir

I think its quite clear.

It appears you are the only one. :D

Credentials means "a qualification, achievement, personal quality, or aspect of a person's background, typically when used to indicate that they are suitable for something."

So are you asking for the "achievements" of every person's religion??

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The nature of rebirth is in all things. When a book decays, say burned, its recyled into the earth. When we die our ashes are recycled into the earth. Its a cycle not a linear eternal perminent state of being. Its ever changing like you werent the same as a child as you are now. The earth and humans are not the center of space and all universes. Thats ego. Everything is interconnected. Humans arent special.
My belief is specific to ending samasara through specific practices taught by The Buddha. If there were no Roman empire, no romans, thered be no christianity. We arent special. Christianity isnt special. Popular yes. Special, no.
When there are no humans on the earth, how does the bible continue to live? Is it dependant on the people?

Yes, I agree Christ is the cornerstone. I did Not say the Bible was the cornerstone.
Although the Bible is Not Jesus, the Bible teaches us about Jesus.
I am saying that Christ taught that Scripture as God's Word is religious truth according to John 7:17.
Christ taught there will always be humans on Earth because the humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
So, although the Earth and humans are Not the center of space/universe(s), according to Scripture God made Earth for humans according to Psalms 115:16.
True, what is on Earth today has always been here (except for what man has sent to outer space such as to Mars)
According to Genesis, if Adam has Not broken God's Law then Adam would still be alive on Earth today.
Since we are Not responsible for what Adam did is why God sent Jesus to Earth to undo the damage Satan and Adam caused so that we could gain everlasting life either in heaven for some, or to live forever on Earth.
Rather than No Romans, I find it would be if there were No Jews. The Jews/Israelites existed long before the Roman empire. The Romans had nothing to do with Jesus coming as Messiah either in the first century or at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes, I agree Christ is the cornerstone. I did Not say the Bible was the cornerstone.
Although the Bible is Not Jesus, the Bible teaches us about Jesus.
I am saying that Christ taught that Scripture as God's Word is religious truth according to John 7:17.
Christ taught there will always be humans on Earth because the humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
So, although the Earth and humans are Not the center of space/universe(s), according to Scripture God made Earth for humans according to Psalms 115:16.
True, what is on Earth today has always been here (except for what man has sent to outer space such as to Mars)
According to Genesis, if Adam has Not broken God's Law then Adam would still be alive on Earth today.
Since we are Not responsible for what Adam did is why God sent Jesus to Earth to undo the damage Satan and Adam caused so that we could gain everlasting life either in heaven for some, or to live forever on Earth.
Rather than No Romans, I find it would be if there were No Jews. The Jews/Israelites existed long before the Roman empire. The Romans had nothing to do with Jesus coming as Messiah either in the first century or at the soon coming ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37.

Since jesus is not the bible, why would you say that all the bibles will still exist and that there would not be "no people left" on earth?

Do you need the bible to exist in order for jesus to?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Since jesus is not the bible, why would you say that all the bibles will still exist and that there would not be "no people left" on earth?
Do you need the bible to exist in order for jesus to?

I did Not mean 'all the Bibles' as Bibles are perishable, but the Bible as a whole will always exist.
No, we do Not need the Bible for Jesus to exist, but God teaches us about Jesus through the Bible.
Jesus taught humble 'meek people will inherit the Earth' meaning there will always be righteous people on Earth.
God promised father Abraham that ALL families of Earth, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of having food and healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2; Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18. The time is coming (everlasting life on Earth) when there will be No more tears shed on Earth as per Revelation 7:17; Revelation 21:4-5, and No one on Earth will say, " I am sick......." according to Isaiah 33:24.
Jesus will do away with 'enemy death' according to the Bible at 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I did Not mean 'all the Bibles' as Bibles are perishable, but the Bible as a whole will always exist.
No, we do Not need the Bible for Jesus to exist, but God teaches us about Jesus through the Bible.
Jesus taught humble 'meek people will inherit the Earth' meaning there will always be righteous people on Earth.
God promised father Abraham that ALL families of Earth, and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of having food and healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2; Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18. The time is coming (everlasting life on Earth) when there will be No more tears shed on Earth as per Revelation 7:17; Revelation 21:4-5, and No one on Earth will say, " I am sick......." according to Isaiah 33:24.
Jesus will do away with 'enemy death' according to the Bible at 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.

Another post you mentioned that there would be no time when there are no humans on earth. I don't understand that logic. The earth, animals, humans, etc are not physically eternal. If that be the case, we'd have no one dying today.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
It appears you are the only one. :D

Credentials means "a qualification, achievement, personal quality, or aspect of a person's background, typically when used to indicate that they are suitable for something."

So are you asking for the "achievements" of every person's religion??

Think of religion as a company,each company as ceo,what are you're religions ceo credentials.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Another post you mentioned that there would be no time when there are no humans on earth. I don't understand that logic. The earth, animals, humans, etc are not physically eternal. If that be the case, we'd have no one dying today.

I was taught in school and in a former church that the Earth will be destroyed.
On the surface that sounded logical, but as I studied and researched the Scriptures I found that is Not what the Bible really teaches. Earth is permanent according to Ecclesiastes 1:4 B because the Earth abides forever.

'Before' the creation of Adam everything was Not physically eternal. Physically eternal started with Adam.
Starting with the creation of intelligent human kind God granted eternal life to man "IF" he keeps God's law.
The Law was to Not eat from God's forbidden tree because one would loose out on eternal life on Earth.
In other words, if Adam had Not broken the Law then Adam would still be alive on Earth today.
Since we are innocent of what father Adam brought upon us (sickness and death) that is why God sent Jesus to Earth to undo the sickness-and-death damage which Satan and Adam brought upon us.
The passing of time was needed for us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
That included populating the Earth with people before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill. As 1 Corinthians 15:26 says our last enemy 'DEATH' will be brought to nothing.
Without physical human death on Earth that opens up the way for physical eternal life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall. Everlasting physical life on Earth for most people is what the Bible really teaches.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Think of religion as a company,each company as ceo,what are you're religions ceo credentials.

For me I never thought of Jesus as being a 'Chief Executive Officer' but since Jesus is head of the Christian congregation than I will say, " Hail to the Chief ! "

Jesus' many 'CEO' credentials are found in the old Hebrew Scriptures which Jesus fulfilled for us.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I was taught in school and in a former church that the Earth will be destroyed.
On the surface that sounded logical, but as I studied and researched the Scriptures I found that is Not what the Bible really teaches. Earth is permanent according to Ecclesiastes 1:4 B because the Earth abides forever.

'Before' the creation of Adam everything was Not physically eternal. Physically eternal started with Adam.
Starting with the creation of intelligent human kind God granted eternal life to man "IF" he keeps God's law.
The Law was to Not eat from God's forbidden tree because one would loose out on eternal life on Earth.
In other words, if Adam had Not broken the Law then Adam would still be alive on Earth today.
Since we are innocent of what father Adam brought upon us (sickness and death) that is why God sent Jesus to Earth to undo the sickness-and-death damage which Satan and Adam brought upon us.
The passing of time was needed for us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign over us.
That included populating the Earth with people before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill. As 1 Corinthians 15:26 says our last enemy 'DEATH' will be brought to nothing.
Without physical human death on Earth that opens up the way for physical eternal life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall. Everlasting physical life on Earth for most people is what the Bible really teaches.

I don't agree with the bible but this does sound JWish. Not a christian teaching I came across in Catholicism and Baptist denominations so I don't know where to begin one way or another.

The point that a body can be "created", grow, age, decay, and literally recycle into the earth is proof that we don't last forever. I know JW don't believe in souls but they do believe you come are raised from the ground to those who are called and the dead sleep forever rather than go to hell. If that's what you mean, that's denominational teaching. No one can prove it is right because jesus hasn't came and the so-called "dead" can't talk according to most denominations.

Another thing. If you don't believe the bible is fully true (can't remember the exact wording), why quote it?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe the Bible is fully true and that is why I reference it by subject and topic arrangement.
Adam, according to Genesis 2:7, was a living soul and at death Adam became a dead soul.
For as Ezekiel 18:4,20 says that the soul that sins dies. Dead souls are Not alive.
At death Adam became a lifeless soul with No post-mortem penalty.
Not only can the dead Not talk they know nothing according to Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Can't talk because they are asleep in the grave (biblical hell) until Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day when Jesus will govern over Earth for a thousand years as I find 1 Corinthians 15:22; 1 Corinthians 15:24-26, and as found at Isaiah 25:6; Isaiah 25:8

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
For me I never thought of Jesus as being a 'Chief Executive Officer' but since Jesus is head of the Christian congregation than I will say, " Hail to the Chief ! "

Jesus' many 'CEO' credentials are found in the old Hebrew Scriptures which Jesus fulfilled for us.

I'm not knocking faith but that's what it is.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm not knocking faith but that's what it is.

The faith that Jesus had I find was Not credulity ( blind faith ) but Jesus used logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures on which to base his faith, his confidence, in those Scriptures. That is why we can read when Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, "It is written...." meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Jesus used those Scriptures in order to explain them to us so that we too could have confidence and trust and faith in what is recorded for us. That way we can surely see that Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will be the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The faith that Jesus had I find was Not credulity ( blind faith ) but Jesus used logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures on which to base his faith, his confidence, in those Scriptures. That is why we can read when Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, "It is written...." meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Jesus used those Scriptures in order to explain them to us so that we too could have confidence and trust and faith in what is recorded for us. That way we can surely see that Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will be the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

Just because something is written doesn't make it true,otherwise writings about other religions,some with multiple gods have equaL credence but at the end of t h e day its faith not credentials Imo.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Raelism tries to save the earth and promotes science. It combines all religions and focuses people on trying hard. There is no God. There is no evolution. It fits in.