• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your opinion please about Islam.

Laika

Premium Member
So monetarily supporting your nations military and all it's functions is a form of welfare that is a waste but you support the idea of giving away money to anyone and everyone that can stick their hands out?
How are my civil liberties being threatened by the U.S. military?
If I remember correctly you once stated that at one point you monetarily supported revolutionary leftists so what is the difference? - I may have you confused with someone else

No. I am almost certainly that guy as I am effectively a communist. I freely borrow ideas from any belief system if I think they fit into a bigger picture or are useful, so I'm eccentric and unorthodox (and would end up in a gulag for it). As an idea Communism needs "fuel" to catch up and get ahead of the competition, so if it's to go anywhere at all mostly those ideas come from non-communist or even anti-communist sources. As long as I stay consistently within certain key philosophical areas that keep me a communist, I have to adapt and evolve with the times. I'm like a political dodo trying to learn how to fly. It's far from elegant and probably quite funny to watch. :D

Anyway, The US military is easily the most technologically advanced in the world but has been wielded by ideological zealots whose "bomb first, think about the consequences later" style foreign policy destabilises whole countries and regions. The economic incentives are there for regular use of military power to police the world as "interventions" help pay the defence industries bills. Whether it's done in the name of freedom and democracy or human rights depending which party is in power, the results are the same.

It creates the conditions for terrorists to thrive if it doesn't go out of its way to subsidise them covertly based on sheer expediency. I think Ron Paul called it "blow back" when after engineering these threats they come back for the US. The result is cascading threats around the world and then the response to this government failure is more government failure by curtailing civil liberties in the US to respond to the terrorist threat that the US has often encouraged by reckless foreign policy.

I can appreciate arguments for limited government and the threat big government poses but I don't quite know how you can square attacking aid that may feed and clothe people whilst your ok with something that produces weapons and conflict on an international scale. It only increases the executive power of the President and undermines the US constitution as we look to the president as a sort of cult of personality to solve the worlds problems by blowing stuff up.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
In the case of Islam, I would say that it is the religion itself, although that does not forgive the leaders. The Qur'an promotes way too much of a "us vs them" mentaility and is way too tied to tribal societies morality for anyone's good.

Does it?

Violence made consistently with religious justification of a certain faith and without significant internal challenge does mean that the religion is violent.

Actually no, it does not. At least I have not seen any evidence pointing to that.

If anything, there is a taboo against making such an attempt, even when it is justified.

Of course not.

Nor should we refrain from learning how much leeway well-meaning but ultimately misinformed people often give to certain doctrines.

Uh, no. That is entirely wrong.

No. That is actually a lie.

The URL is slightly but significantly wrong. It is actually https://www.colombotelegraph.com/in...anned-time-story-the-face-of-buddhist-terror/

And boy, is it misleading. Even that article itself points out that the violence is two-way. That violence and extremisms are disastrous, but I find it dishonest to attempt to present Sri Lanka's situation as some sort of "Buddhist equivalent" to the dangers of Islam.

I agree with a lot of what you say. My point is that all religions have had their fair share of extremists and fanatics.

As to the term 'violent religion'. My definition is of Islam is Muhammad and the Quran not the Hadiths, Umayyads or Abbasids or religious leaders.

If you add them and want to call that Islam then that's different.

But we Baha'is don't consider Islam in its true form as anything but a religion of Peace.

Religious leaders are always the ones behind religious violence no matter which religion. It's the same in Burma. Buddhist monks I cite their followers to burn down villages and hack people to death.

We know the Buddha never taught that and neither did Muhammad not Christ teach violence. Today prejudice and bias pretends to speak with the voice of truth.

The Quran does not promote violence hadiths do and they are not scripture.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So true. It bothers me considerably that the Ahadith keep taking the blame so unfairly.

How do you know that?

Because there's no verse in the Quran that promotes aggressive warfare.

Sura 2:190

2:190 And fight for the cause of God against those who fight against you: but commit not the injustice of attacking them first: God loveth not such injustice:(George Sale)

vaguelyhumanoid

I'm a "hard" polytheist, so basically the theological opposite of a Muslim. I like the aesthetics of Islam a lot tho - the architecture, calligraphy etc. I would love to go to several Muslim countries (chiefly Morocco) but they're all unfortunately quite homophobic.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I'll have to get back to you on that. Its common knowledge to the older folk here, assuming I'm not confusing it with another war. But I'll try to get some information on it. Meanwhile, you can find some sites that speak about the Grand Mufti touring the lager.
I want to make it crystal clear that I am not claiming you're lying or such, just in case certain people here with less than agreeable views want to use something I said as proof that I may agree with them, I'd just like to see a transcript or something like that.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Because there's no verse in the Quran that promotes aggressive warfare.

Sura 2:190

2:190 And fight for the cause of God against those who fight against you: but commit not the injustice of attacking them first: God loveth not such injustice:(George Sale)
We will have to settle in agreeing to disagree on the potential for promotion of violence of such verses, then.

shava

Islam has never been about peace. From the beginning when Muhammad's uncle declared him a prophet, which he is not according to the bible. The Islam religion has always been about submission and killing all those who do not submit to the Islam faith. There is no such thing with the Islam religion to "love thy neighbor", as in the one true religion of Christianity.

The Muslims have an agenda to make this world there caliphate and they will do all they can to accomplish that, as why the world countries are trying to destroy these Muslims who are bent on accomplishing there goal.

Being gay doesn't mean you're a bad person, it simply means according to the bible your lost in your sin, but through changing your life, and leaving the old life behind one can be forgiven of your past sins. The WBO is nothing more than a hate group who also needs to be put in there place, as they do not represent the true Christians in the world, far from it.

The Muslim religion is a man made religion, devised by an individual who simply became known, in my opinion, by his false ideas, in which were brought forth and promoted by people who were easily swayed by his ideology, although to them, it seemed heaven sent.

People that were around him at that time are no different than any other time in history, in which people are either swayed by a charismatic individual, or simply want to be a part of the cause because they either have no choice, or they simply choose to because of the majority of people have already, or, for some other reasons they choose to do so.

Last edited:

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
You're living in the past. Do you even watch or read the News? Christians NO LONGER commit these crimes and really haven't for centuries.

Have you never heard of The Lord's Resistance Army, The National Liberation Front of Tripura, The Covenant, the Sword and the Arm of the Lord, the Army of God and the wider Christian Identity movement? And you clearly need to read up on how the British Empire treated those living in its colonies - especially Native Americans, First Nations & the Aborigines of Australia. Hell, read up on how the U.S. Government treats Natives living on reservations these days.

These are Christian terrorist organisations which sprang up in the last few decades. And yes, Christians invaded Iraq; Dubya became (in)famous for saying "God told me to invade Iraq".

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Masha Allah. May Allah give u gold in paradise
Did you check with him? What will he do with gold when even the bricks in heaven are of gold?

Detailed information about what is available to Muslims in heaven:

“... there will be there all that the souls could desire, all that the eyes could delight in …” (Quran 43:71)
“Eat and drink at ease for that which you have sent forth (good deeds) in days past!” (Quran 69:24)
“… They will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold, and they will wear green garments of fine silk and heavy brocade. They will recline therein on raised thrones. How good [is] the recompense! How beautiful a couch [is there] to recline on!” (Quran 18:31)
“They will never fall ill, blow their noses or spit.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)
“Indeed may you be healthy and never be sick again, may you live and never die again, may you be young and never grow feeble again, may you enjoy, and never feel sorrow and regret again.” (Saheeh Muslim)
“They will not hear therein ill speech or commission of sin. But only the saying of: Peace! Peace!” (Quran 56:25-26)
“And We shall remove from their breasts any (mutual) hatred or sense of injury (which they had, if at all, in the life of this world)…” (Quran 7:43)
“There will be no hatred or resentment among them, their hearts will be as one, and they will glorify God, morning and evening.” (Saheeh Al-Bukhari)
“And whoever obeys God and the Messenger – those will be with the ones upon whom God has bestowed favor – of the prophets, the steadfast affirmers of truth, the martyrs and the righteous. And excellent are those as companions!” (Quran 4:69)
“…Say: Short is the enjoyment of this world. The Hereafter is (far) better for him who fears God...” (Quran 4:77)
“...its provision is eternal and so is its shade…” (Quran 13:35)
“What is with you must vanish, and what is with God will endure …” (Quran 16:96)
“(It will be said to them): This is Our Provision, which will never finish” (Quran 38:54)

Superior Delights:

“The space of the bow of any one of you in Paradise is better than all that the sun rises upon” (Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh 3/85, no. 5615)

Paradise is free from all the impurities of this world. Eating and drinking in this life results in the need for excretion and its associated unpleasant odors. If a person drinks wine in this world, he loses his mind. Women in this world menstruate and give birth, which are sources of pain and hurt. Paradise is free from all of these discomforts: its people will not urinate, defecate, spit or suffer from catarrh. The wine of Paradise, as described by its Creator, is:

“Crystal-white, delicious to those who drink (thereof), free from intoxication, nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom” (Quran 37:46-47)
“...rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes...” (Quran 47:15)

The women of Paradise are pure and free from menstruation, postnatal bleeding and all the other impurities suffered by women in this world, and all are free from stool and feces. God says:

“...and they shall have therein purified mates…” (Quran 2:25)
“They relieve themselves by perspiring through their skins, and its fragrance will be that of musk, and all stomachs will have become lean.” (ibn Hibbaan)
“No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy, as a reward for what they used to do.” (Quran 32:17)

Paradise: There is Nothing Like It:

“It is sparkling light, aromatic plants, a lofty palace, a flowing river, ripe fruit, a beautiful wife and abundant clothing, in an eternal abode of radiant joy, in beautiful soundly-constructed high houses”. (Ibn Maajah, Ibn Hibbaan)
>> “Bricks of gold and silver, and mortar of fragrant musk, pebbles of pearl and sapphire, and soil of saffron. Whoever enters it is filled with joy and will never feel miserable; he will live there forever and never die; their clothes will never wear out and their youth will never fade.” (Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, ad-Daarimee)

God says:

“And when you look there (in Paradise) you will see a delight (that cannot be imagined), and a great dominion.” (Quran 76:20)

What God has kept hidden from us the delights of Paradise is beyond our ability to comprehend. The Prophet said that God said:

“I have prepared for My slaves what no eye has seen, no ear has heard and no human heart can imagine.” Recite if you wish:
“No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do.” (Quran 32:17)

In another report:

“Never mind what God has told you; what He has not told you is even greater.” (Saheeh Muslim)
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/11/pleasures-of-paradise-part-1/ and its next page.

Last edited:

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member

Kirran

Premium Member
kaoticprofit said:
You're living in the past. Do you even watch or read the News? Christians NO LONGER commit these crimes and really haven't for centuries.

Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww-hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

That post belongs in the Jokes forum.

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/03/the_10_worst_examples_of_christian_or_far_right_terrorism_partner/

^^That and much more about Christians committing crimes.
Were you referring to the Crusades perhaps.

Mass rape and killings continue to be carried out by the National Front of Tripura and by the Lord's Resistance Army in the name of Christianity and the Bible.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Mass rape and killings continue to be carried out by the National Front of Tripura and by the Lord's Resistance Army in the name of Christianity and the Bible.

Yeah so?
With an "army" of less than 900 I don't see this as a world wide attack on anything.
That can hardly be compared with terror attacks in the name of Islam.
Just sayin'.........................

World wide like this WEEKLY report.
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks 43
Killed 191
Injured 228
Suicide Blasts 6
Countries 14
^^ weekly + worldwide.
One would think members can see the difference.

Kirran

Premium Member
Yeah so?
With an "army" of less than 900 I don't see this as a world wide attack on anything.
That can hardly be compared with terror attacks in the name of Islam.
Just sayin'.........................

World wide like this WEEKLY report.
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks 43
Killed 191
Injured 228
Suicide Blasts 6
Countries 14
^^ weekly + worldwide.
One would think members can see the difference.

Sure, there's different numbers. But it doesn't become OK because the other guys killed more people.

Kirran

Premium Member
And just WHO IN THE #ELL SAID IT WAS O.K.?

Well my point is only that one can do it with Christianity as with Islam. Due to a number of factors, such forms of Islam are currently more prevalent than such forms of Christianity, but to blame Islam wholesale for terrorism while not doing so for Christianity is baseless.