• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your opinion please about Islam.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I believe it is the truth, justice and moderation by definition.

What?! I'm Muslim! Of course that's my opinion :p

Wonderful post and I agree!:glomp:

Too bad all that follow Islam don't believe as you.
Jihad Report
Sep 10, 2016 -
Sep 16, 2016

Attacks43 Killed191 Injured228 Suicide Blasts6 Countries14

All other religions combined?
ZERO

Rebuttal welcome.

2.1 BILLION Muslims in today's world.
ONLY 15% support or participate in violent jihad.
Comforting.
What is 15% of 2.1 BILLION anyway????
The Koran contains 109 verses promoting violence toward non believers.
The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Religion of Peace
Atrocity of the Week

attack-220.jpg

Minneapolis Mall Stabbing

Other Recent
"Misunderstandings
of Islam"

2016.09.20 (Syria)
Three children are disassembled by an ISIS IED.

2016.09.19 (Israel)
A female border guard is stabbed in the neck by a Palestinian terrorist.

2016.09.18 (India)
Four suicide bombers sneak onto an army base and murder eighteen sleeping soldiers.

2016.09.18 (Nigeria)
Eight people standing outside a church are riddled with bullets by Muslim extremists.

2016.09.17 (Iraq)
A man is savagely beheaded by Muslim radicals.

2016.09.17 (Thailand)
Muslim 'insurgents' murder a 71-year-old Buddhist in front of his home.

I'm sorry of this offends anyone.
Please forgive me for posting the truth going on in today's modern world.
I LOVE Islam. It IS the religion of peace.
Sadly some 15 % of followers of Islam seen to promote or engage in violent jihad.
AS you said, none believers, not the followers of different religions. I am sure that those who believe in God never do such things. Slaughtering other human beings? Explode them? rape them? behead innocent children? unthinkable. those who you call Muslims are the non believers. They are not Muslims. The US and Muslims have been enemies for years. If these radical, above all of them ISIS were Muslims, would America arm them, train them, and trade with them constantly? there are numerous proofs that they are using weapons made in the US. Real Muslims are those who are defending Syrians and Iraqis against ISIS and other terrorists. Muslims of Lebanon, Afghanistan, Iran, ... and real non believers are those who help these savages. Isn't the US capable of eliminating these terrorists? Why they don't do that? They call Muslims savages because of killing their enemies and terrorists. I have a question: what is the proper label we can use for the America's governors, I emphasize, America's governors, not people? Those those who daily kill innocent people the world over via drones and in other ways.

Sonofason

For example

Nice...what a well expressed testimony. Such well expressed critical thinking with regard to the existence of a deity, especially this particular deity that is being promoted by more than half the world's population, demands a choice by every intelligent human being who presently believes in the existence of this deity.
One must either:
1) Close his eyes, stick his fingers in his ears and bury his head in the sand.
2) Develop a vehement hatred for this god he so desires to believe in.
3) Realize that there truly is no God.
4) Create, engineer or fabricate a new God to believe in.
5) Or somehow try to justify the existence of this God that most Christians and Muslims believe in.

We ought not fool ourselves into thinking that Christians and Muslims believe in a different God. It is surely the same God they believe in. The God that Abraham spoke of is indeed the same God that Muslims believe in. People have perceptions. Two different people can meet my acquaintance and come to two very different conclusions about me. It could be that one of them is wrong about me. It could be that both of them are right about me. Or it could be that both of them are wrong about me. While it is certainly true that external influences play a significant antecedent role in the development of our perceptions of those experiences, we must keep in mind that perceptions are more consequentially constructs of the mind.

I believe in God despite the insurmountable evidence against his existence because I believe I have experienced Him. Our minds cannot comprehend Him. Yet we can perceive Him, and I believe I have. How does one perceive God? Is it by the perceptions of others? How can we reliably place honest and good faith in the existence of God based on the constructs of other people's minds? We can't.

If we are to have faith in God it must be because we have experienced Him in some significant way, even though our perceptions of Him are certainly desperately flawed.

"For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God." (1 Corinthians:1)

The Old One

I believe in God despite the insurmountable evidence against his existence because I believe I have experienced Him. Our minds cannot comprehend Him. Yet we can perceive Him, and I believe I have. How does one perceive God? Is it by the perceptions of others? How can we reliably place honest and good faith in the existence of God based on the constructs of other people's minds? We can't.

I believe what you perceived would simply be a spirit, not god. This would also hold true for Islam as mohamed perceived a spirit referred to as Gabriel.
Now just because a spirit communicates with someone does not mean they are speaking for a god (even though they may claim as much).

To get back to the topic, I unfortunately could not get through much of the Quran as it quickly paints Islam in a negative light. Early in the writings it gives excuses to kill and admits that slavery is fine. It also degrades women, giving them less importance then farm animals. I also was not thrilled about the attempt to hypnotize the reader with its circular and repetitious writing style (but it does make it sound more profound).

Sonofason

I believe what you perceived would simply be a spirit, not god. This would also hold true for Islam as mohamed perceived a spirit referred to as Gabriel.
Now just because a spirit communicates with someone does not mean they are speaking for a god (even though they may claim as much).

To get back to the topic, I unfortunately could not get through much of the Quran as it quickly paints Islam in a negative light. Early in the writings it gives excuses to kill and admits that slavery is fine. It also degrades women, giving them less importance then farm animals. I also was not thrilled about the attempt to hypnotize the reader with its circular and repetitious writing style (but it does make it sound more profound).
From what I have gathered from the authors of the Bible and numerous other sources, God is Spirit. Therefore, I cannot say that you are wrong. I do not know if my experiences were of God, I just believe they were. The Bible, through the writings of authors, supposedly speaking for Jesus, and even for God Himself, have expressed promises to those who would put their faith in Jesus and in God. I have put those promises to the test, and the result was that I experienced what I believe was God. Maybe the experiences were of angels, maybe they were of the spirit of my dead grandfather. Maybe it was my own mind playing tricks on me. I don't know why my mind would do that, but it surely is a possibility. But the fact of the matter, and most importantly, I believe the experiences were of God, and His love.