• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your five most enjoyable films of 2008

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Please post your five most enjoyable films of 2008, two favourites and three runners up. Also, include the two films you enjoyed least in 2008. :)

After the thread has been going on a while I think it would be good to tally the films picked and post the top five overall most popular in the thread and edit this opening post to include them. Scoring:-

My most enjoyable films of 2008:-

1. [2 points]
2. [2 points]
3. [1 point]
4. [1 point]
5. [1 point]

My least enjoyable films of 2008:-

1. [1 point]
2. [1 point]

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
My most enjoyable films of 2008:-

1. The Dark Knight
2. In Bruges
3. Let the Right One In
Quantum of Solace
5. Slumdog Millionaire

My least enjoyable films of 2008:-

1. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (13 Oscar nominations? What?!)
2. Prince Caspian

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
My five most enjoyable films of 2008? But Wampus, I didn't make any films -- enjoyable or otherwise -- in 2008.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I liked "W". It was all about Reverend Rick's alter ego.

And I liked "I am Legend". It was all about Reverend Rick's alter-alter ego.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I have not watched 5 new movies this year. I don't think I watched 5 movies period this year. I did go see American Carol. Total waste of time.

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
No takers? Then I declare the results :D:-

The Dark Knight and In Bruges were the most enjoyable films of 2008 with Let the Right One In, Quantum of Solace and Slumdog Millionaire as runners up.

Prince Caspian and Benjamin Button were the least enjoyable.

Wow, good choices. ;)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Do they have to be from 2008? I'm not sure I saw more than 5 movies from last year. Out of the ones I know were from then, I'd say:

1. The Dark Knight
3. Iron Man

Looking back at my Netflix, I saw a bunch of 2007 movies last year, so my list including them is:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Lars and the Real Girl
3. Iron Man
4. Gone Baby Gone
5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall

My least favorite from 2007-2008:

1. The Darjeeling Limited
2. Michael Clayton

Kcnorwood

The ones I liked.
1. The Dark Knight
2.Quantum of Solace
3.Iron Man
4. The other Boleyn Girl.
5. The Hulk

Ones I didn't like
1. The strangers
2. Jumper

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Favourites:
1. The Dark Knight
2. Cloverfield (was that late 2007 or early 2008?)
3. The Happening
4. The X-Files: I Want to Believe
5. Changeling

Least favourites:
1. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
2. The Strangers

(Of course, there were a lot of horrible-looking movies which I didn't see... so there were probably others which were much worse than the two I listed... but I didn't see them... because they looked like **** from the previews.)

ranjana

Ones I liked:
slumdog millionaire
vicky christina barcelona
the wackness
dark knight

biggest disappointments
young people f***ing
heaven on earth

ones i still really really want to see:
Happy go lucky
the reader
towelhead
waltz with bashir

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This should be easy. I think I've only seen about 5 movies this year. :p

Iron Man---Great special effects. RD.jr is one of my favorite actors and I think he nailed this one.

Defiance---I started reading The Beilski Brothers last spring or summer, and the whole time I was thinking, "Why hasn't anyone made a movie about these guys". Well, someone did. It's not all that accurate historically, but close enough for Hollywood and it was well done.

Valkyre---Any movie that begins with Tom Cruise getting blown up is worth watching. This was also well done and told a story that deserved to be told IMO.

Twillight---Great soundtrack, decent story, cool special effects, tolerable acting overall.

Hmmm....guess that's it.

Least favorite:

10,000 BC.---Give this one a minus 10, 000. For the most part it was just silly.

The Private Lives of Sunstone and Tiffany Latex---The camera man had his thumb over the lens the whole time. What's up with that?