• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your favorite musical performers

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Which performers do you enjoy the most? Not which ones do you think are technically the best, most significant, or anything like that. All pretension aside, whose music do you really enjoy listening to?

I like old-time country, blues, and gospel, and the Motown sound of the sixties and seventies. I like 1970s rock generally; probably most people like the music of their youth, and that's mine, although I really, really hate a number of songs from that era, too. I also like salsa, merengue, and some popular music of the Balkans, Greece, and India.

Looking down the Billboard Hot 100 for artists I like, I see Bruno Mars, Nelly, P!nk, Eminem, Tim McGraw, Kanye, Shakira, Kenny Chesney, Linkin Park, Eric Church, Trace Adkins, and Kings of Leon. There are probably others I might like if I knew who they were. :)

I love music. I'll just tive you my top 20 or so (in no particular order): The Birthday Massacre, Lush, Garbage, H.I.M., Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Slip Knot, Emilie Autumn, Within Temptation, Apocalyptica, The Rasmus, Collide, The Gathering, Agua De Annique, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, Tori Amos. Sarah McLachlan, Slowdive, Love Spirals Downwards, Our Lady Peace, Faith No More, Curve, POE, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice and Chains, (Sammy Hagar) Van Halen and Starflyer 59.

This song is just so fun to sing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0MZbvQmSc&feature=related

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Etheridge. I love all her stuff, but she produced my favorite pride anthem to date, Giant.
[youtube]NR50KDQ_IGk[/youtube]

"We have come to far
And we've got the scars
And we are NEVER GOING BACK INTO THE SHADOWS AGAIN!"

Hell, yeah!

seeker69

My musical tastes change with my moods, currently listening to; Robert Earl Keen, John Prine, Johnny Cash, Steve Earle, David Allan Coe...

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Listening to Zimmer's score for Angels & Demons now. It's so beautiful, I almost want to see the movie.

ETA: Just remembered that it was a collaboration with Joshua Bell, to give credit where credit is due. May have to look him up.

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Bear McCreary, who did the soundtracks to Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

My favorites are Passacaglia and The Shape Of Things To Come:
[youtube]WSYPYq9D_No[/youtube]
[youtube]tII1DSHPU80[/youtube]

Is it morbid that I want these played at my wedding and funeral, both? LOL.

Smoke

Done here.
Probably because they are the epitome of the plastic paddy propagating a dubious drug fueled re imagining of what being Irish is for mass consumption by ex patriots who have an outdated recollection of Ireland, drunks and people who want a shortcut to Irish music.
Don't hold back. :)

Also UG-LEEEEEEEE
One Irishman of my acquaintance always referred to McGowan as "that ugly ******* toothless ************." :)

Smoke

Done here.
I love music. I'll just tive you my top 20 or so (in no particular order): The Birthday Massacre, Lush, Garbage, H.I.M., Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, Slip Knot, Emilie Autumn, Within Temptation, Apocalyptica, The Rasmus, Collide, The Gathering, Agua De Annique, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, Tori Amos. Sarah McLachlan, Slowdive, Love Spirals Downwards, Our Lady Peace, Faith No More, Curve, POE, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice and Chains, (Sammy Hagar) Van Halen and Starflyer 59.
Well, if you like NIN, I'll forgive you for not liking Springsteen. :D

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
One Irishman of my acquaintance always referred to McGowan as "that ugly ******* toothless ************." :)

Some of us have teeth but I reckon the rest is probably true of most of us :D
Our creator wasn't playing with the beauty stick the day he populated Ireland with men.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
MMMmmmmm, love me some Willie Nelson, Linda Ronstadt, Aaron Neville, Great Big Sea, Darius Rucker, Eva Cassidy, anything by Mozart, Allison Kraus, U2, Sting, and Rod Stewart's remakes of old classics.

Smoke

Done here.
Some of us have teeth but I reckon the rest is probably true of most of us :D
Our creator wasn't playing with the beauty stick the day he populated Ireland with men.

I'll grant you that some Irishmen are better looking than others.

colin_farrell_08.jpg
jonathan-rhys-meyers.jpg

Kathryn

Speaking of lovely Gaelics, here's my favorite boy band:

great_big_sea.jpg

Great Big Sea

Not classically handsome like Sean Connery...but ever so manly and delish.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I've always loved that pic of the b'ys.

ETA: And Bob is one of the few people I think looks better with short hair.

Kathryn

I think I know what I want for my birthday. I think I am going to look up Great Big Sea's itinerary and see if we can catch one of their shows.