• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Favorite Classic Film

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
You're right!!!
pa_wellsboro01.jpg

Circle_One

Nosferatu- still an amazing film.
Grande Illusion- one of my favorite war movies as well.
Beauty and the Beast (Cocteau version)- haunting, beautiful, mesmerizing, nightmarish yet dream-like. Love this film.
Night of the Living Dead- need I say more....?
Throne of Blood- Kurosawa's masterful interpretation of Macbeth.
The Haunting- as close to perfect as a film can get.
Spider Baby- hadn't seen it in ages then saw it again after a friend's reccomendation. Insane, creepy, hilarious- in short, just plain awesome film.
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari- the precursor to film noir, horror, and one of the most influential films ever made.
Freaks- Browning's masterpiece. Still effective and disturbing.
M- "In the Hall fo the Mountain King" is far more resonant than the Psycho, Jaws or Exorcist themes.
Carnival of Souls- proves yet again how low budgets with creative approaches can create something far more horrific and timeless than many big productions. Remains a great film today.

.... it's impossible to narrow it down. There's far too many.
:shrug:

Theif. You're a theif. All the ones in red are the ones you stole directly from my mind.

Except I'll exchange your Nosferatu for Dracula, with Bela, like usual :p

J Bryson

Nosferatu- still an amazing film.
Grande Illusion- one of my favorite war movies as well.
Beauty and the Beast (Cocteau version)- haunting, beautiful, mesmerizing, nightmarish yet dream-like. Love this film.
Night of the Living Dead- need I say more....?
Throne of Blood- Kurosawa's masterful interpretation of Macbeth.
The Haunting- as close to perfect as a film can get.
Spider Baby- hadn't seen it in ages then saw it again after a friend's reccomendation. Insane, creepy, hilarious- in short, just plain awesome film.
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari- the precursor to film noir, horror, and one of the most influential films ever made.
Freaks- Browning's masterpiece. Still effective and disturbing.
M- "In the Hall fo the Mountain King" is far more resonant than the Psycho, Jaws or Exorcist themes.
Carnival of Souls- proves yet again how low budgets with creative approaches can create something far more horrific and timeless than many big productions. Remains a great film today.

.... it's impossible to narrow it down. There's far too many.
:shrug:

I've seen them all except for Grand Illusion, Spider Baby, and Carnival of Souls, and would have to agree with you on all of the rest. In fact, I came in here to post about Caligari and M.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
First Movie that popped into my head was The Seven Samurai---Akira Kurosawa.

The Adventures of Robin Hood (Erol Flynn)

Norman:"This man speaks treason"!

Robin Hood: "Fluently"!

One of the best movie quotes of all time. :yes:

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Casablanca is my favorite, followed closely by Roman Holiday.