• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your experience with thieves

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The most money I've had stolen from me was $40 at a detox facility. Another time I had $20 stolen at a crisis center. I also was going to purchase something from some people and they took $20 from me, shut the door in my face, and drove off while I tried prying the door open. I also had a bogus bus card sold to me, and the man told me it had 50 bucks on it. It had negative $0.25. I only trusted the guy, because he was preaching about Jesus a lot and seemed to be a nice man of integrity.

I've learned my lesson well, and will not let such things happen again. I refuse to carry money on my person and refuse to buy anything from anybody. I only buy anything if it is at a store.

What is the best possession or largest amount of money stolen from you?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
The most money I've had stolen from me was $40 at a detox facility. Another time I had $20 stolen at a crisis center. I also was going to purchase something from some people and they took $20 from me, shut the door in my face, and drove off while I tried prying the door open. I also had a bogus bus card sold to me, and the man told me it had 50 bucks on it. It had negative $0.25. I only trusted the guy, because he was preaching about Jesus a lot and seemed to be a nice man of integrity.

I've learned my lesson well, and will not let such things happen again. I refuse to carry money on my person and refuse to buy anything from anybody. I only buy anything if it is at a store.

When I was in high school, I had a 75 Chevy Camaro stolen from the lot of a body shop where it was awaiting repair....the body shop's insurance took care of my lose and I came out of the situation the better for it...I was cleared of all allegations of insurance fraud and replaced my rusty ole Chevy with a better conditioned 79 Camaro Z-28. ...:)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

My house got turned over when I was living in Papua New Guinea, on the day I was leaving.

I assume they knew I wasn't there (at a friend's house), as I had several local friends and contributed a fair amount of cash to the local economy.

Since I was leaving there wasn't the same level of protection for me.

Lost a few hundred bucks in cash (maybe $600) plus all the local souvenirs and a lot of art. Call it $2500 all up.

Curious George

Veteran Member
My apartment was robbed when I was young kid, had cars broken into too many times to count, throughout growing up. Chased after some guys trying to break into my brothers car when I was older, had a couple bikes stolen, a jacket, a wallet and a camera that was in a different jacket, then a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff. Someone tried carjacking my dad when I was a kid, but I wasn't present, seen a couple of hold-ups as a kid too, but they weren't stealing from me. There is probably more but I don't think theft is something you can really protect against in some circumstances.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Someone busted into my house and stole my PC a few months ago.
The jokes on them though, since I was in the process of refurbishing it.
It's hard to use a PC when it's missing pretty much everything except the liquid cooling.