• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your best argument that god exists

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Unicorns are physical and bound by law so, no, it is not the same.
I'm not trying to sidetrack this but the Mythologist in me won't let me post anything else until I clear this up;

Unicorns were not physical creatures(in the myths obviously, actual unicorns* are, but that's not the ones anyone talks about). Or rather they are not entirely physical. In Medieval & Renaissance Europe were seen as creatures sent by God(so were Werewolves, interestingly). Thus why they had to be tamed by a virgin.

*Yes, unicorns really exist. The Biblical account of a Unicorn is identical to a Rhino. Literally identical.

Got more than one, then go ahead and give us your best shot.

Hum. Not sure how to go about this. I do not have any real 'revelation' sort of story for everyone, all I would feel comfortable about would be some extrapolation regarding Norse cosmology & ways it seems to relate to what we know of the universe now.

Would that count?

te_lanus

Alien Hybrid
Zeus exist as. We can see Him manifesting in the millions of thunderbolts that strike earth each day. But then not sure if it's just Zeus, or does Thor and Baal-Hadad join in. As all three are thunder Gods.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Zeus exist as. We can see Him manifesting in the millions of thunderbolts that strike earth each day. But then not sure if it's just Zeus, or does Thor and Baal-Hadad join in. As all three are thunder Gods.
Well there you go! We've got our sky trinity.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
The problem is that higher levels of consciousness are, well, just higher levels of consciousness, they are subjective psychological states. You can add a structure of religious belief around those experiences, but it's just belief, and nothing is proved.
The OP asked for our best argument not proof. If it wanted physical proof of the non-physical I wouldn't have attempted.

true justice is exist in afterlife

if atheist true........hell & heaven is not exist, you can kill million innocent as you like........all evil is ok

if religion is true........hell & heaven is exist & The Creator is exist too, all evil will be punished

true justice will coming in afterlife not in this world

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, I certainly don't care. If people want to debate and debate is forbidden in the Theism forum, go ahead and move it. I'm easy. ;)

Where would you like the thread, Skwim? Others are right that your manner of presentation here invites debate, which is not what this particular subforum is for. But, fi you do actually want this to be a discussion and a sharing of stories, we can certainly leave it where it is. Let me or one of the other staff members know either way.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Where would you like the thread, Skwim? Others are right that your manner of presentation here invites debate, which is not what this particular subforum is for. But, fi you do actually want this to be a discussion and a sharing of stories, we can certainly leave it where it is. Let me or one of the other staff members know either way.

General Religious Debates is fine.

Jumi

if atheist true........hell & heaven is not exist, you can kill million innocent as you like........all evil is ok
Nope. We are bound by our morality just as the religious are bound by theirs. There's no proof of hell so the punishment doesn't work as well as earthly punishment.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Why don't people just throw down their theological argument gauntlets and see if they can stand up to scrutiny?

I can't, because it's not an argument in the first place. It's a personal decision grounded in personal values and aesthetic choice. It's like arguing with someone about one's favorite color. What's the point of subjecting my personal values to "scrutiny?" It's entirely missing the point. I like green. It's my favorite color. There's no argument to be had there, and it just is what it is. You either accept me for what I am or you don't, and subjecting myself to "scrutiny" is... well... who in their right mind would basically go "hey, here I am, tear me to shreds, rain on my parade, and mock everything I hold sacred!" A masochist, maybe. I'm not one of those.

As I said, I'm interested in sharing, learning, understanding, and discussing. I am not interested in arguing. I've got very good reasons for "believing in" (wrong words to use, really) in my gods. I'm not interested in arguing about it or being scrutinized under a microscope. It's nicer to have one's values be respected and understood.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nope. We are bound by our morality just as the religious are bound by theirs. There's no proof of hell so the punishment doesn't work as well as earthly punishment.

This could open the Door for some lacking faith.....and I don't mind.
I know at least one who has renounced his faith but carries on as if bound to caring his fellowman.
He might get a slap in the face for his denial.
But the angel will abide otherwise....they will do unto him as he did unto others.

So I believe.

Hopefully his open denial will not part him from the Spirit.
I have seen it written....a sin against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I can't, because it's not an argument in the first place. It's a personal decision grounded in personal values and aesthetic choice. It's like arguing with someone about one's favorite color. What's the point of subjecting my personal values to "scrutiny?" It's entirely missing the point. I like green. It's my favorite color. There's no argument to be had there, and it just is what it is. You either accept me for what I am or you don't, and subjecting myself to "scrutiny" is... well... who in their right mind would basically go "hey, here I am, tear me to shreds, rain on my parade, and mock everything I hold sacred!" A masochist, maybe. I'm not one of those.

As I said, I'm interested in sharing, learning, understanding, and discussing. I am not interested in arguing. I've got very good reasons for "believing in" (wrong words to use, really) in my gods. I'm not interested in arguing about it or being scrutinized under a microscope. It's nicer to have one's values be respected and understood.

You believe in more than one Deity?
and could one of those deities have mal-intent?

Whether you are willing to define yourself in the eyes of your fellow believer.....is one thing.

What if Something Greater labels you....and that action leaves you on the line opposite?

(such as....the Carpenter calling Peter......Satan....to his face.
That is a line drawn by Someone Greater and the recipient may have been surprised!)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
How about atheists give reasons why they don't believe in God. There is a good chance theists don't believe such a God exists either.
Lack of convincing evidence.
Which applies to every claimed god concept.

Nice try though.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
How about atheists give reasons why they don't believe in God. There is a good chance theists don't believe such a God exists either.
There are so many more things that I do not believe in than that I do believe in (including all those things that I never considered, hence do not believe in ) that it would be rather impossible to even know where to begin on such an impossible task.