• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Young Hillsong Church congregant who mocked vaccine dies of COVID

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It's not political. It's hard facts. You'd know this if you actually kept up the past several decades of medical breakthroughs and news.
And you are seriously very wrong thinking it's politicizing the exempt. It's not a choice for them. There's absolutely nothing they can do about it. You might as well shame a quadriplegic for not being able to climb a flight of stairs.
But those who can vaccinate and choose not to, they deserve their rightful blame for failing to act with a sense of social responsibility.
Amd the nerve to try to say we are politicizing those legitimately exempt. That's quite low.

Political meaning, for example, seeing unvaccinated as anti-vaxers.

1. I'm saying the exempt and non-exempt can both spread the virus
2. Provaxxers focus on the non-exempt because they 'decide' not to take the vaccine
3. So it sounds like its less about the spread of the virus from exempt and non-exempt and more emphasis on the 'choice' not to vaccinate.
4. That focus is what I'm referring to as political.

I was mentioning to Skeptic I wonder if experts would upgrade the vaccine in the future (maybe change some ingredients or whatever) so that the exempt won't have say allergenic reactions.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Dude I posted the purpose of VAERS and you’re still saying I’m using it as verified when it’s voluntary and not everyone who has an adverse affect even posts or knows about this. Fact is though when people voluntarily start saying they had problems with a vaccine CDC will look into this or is supposed to. It’s a good thing
Great, so we won't see you posting it as a verified source of information on COVID vaccine side effects ever again.
Cool.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Political meaning, for example, seeing unvaccinated as anti-vaxers.

2. Provaxxers focus on the non-exempt because the latter 'decides' not to take the vaccine
3. So it sounds like its less about the spread of the virus from exempt and non-exempt and more emphasis on the 'choice' not to vaccinate.

I was mentioning to Skeptic I wonder if experts would upgrade the vaccine in the future (maybe change some ingredients or whatever) so that the exempt won't have say allergenic reactions.
I still fail to see what is political about this ...

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I have language issues and somewhat annoyed in general.

My overall points were

1. The vaccine worked for my small pox not because of herd immunity but because of the vaccine itself
2. Hopefully, they will continue to test and upgrade current vaccines.
To me it looks like we're trying to control something that cannot be controlled.
3. The political issue is blaming the non-exempt for the potential of spreading the virus and not the exempt when they both can ideally without the vaccine. I wonder if they are still upgrading the vaccine and ingredients so the exempt can take the vaccine too some day.
I'm not even sure what to say to this.
I've already responded to most of it, and it appears you've just decided to double down on these points for some reason.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
2. Provaxxers focus on the non-exempt because they 'decide' not to take the vaccine
If all the willing nons got vaccinated then the exempts have far less to worry about because those around them are less likely to be carrying and spreading the disease that has been inoculated against.
Amd if course it's a choice and about choice. Those exempt don't get this choice. It's no more their fault than or choice than a schizophrenic losing touch with reality.
But those with the choice who don't are endangering others with their choice, including those exempt, because they are willing and by choice putting themselves into a higher risk group.

You said this, "So we shut down the whole Country instead of taking precautions for those over 60 and most were probably retired."
Sorry, but to me, that sounds like you want to write off those over 60 as some sort of throwaway people who don't matter as much as everyone else.
Taking precautions for those most vulnerable and you take that to mean throw them away? That’s not what it means but by all means use that standard for yourself but not for me.
What it means is taking care of everyone

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If all the willing nons got vaccinated then the exempts have far less to worry about because those around them are less likely to be carrying and spreading the disease that has been inoculated against.
Amd if course it's a choice and about choice. Those exempt don't get this choice. It's no more their fault than or choice than a schizophrenic losing touch with reality.
But those with the choice who don't are endangering others with their choice, including those exempt, because they are willing and by choice putting themselves into a higher risk group.

The exempt are a minority.

So, that's why I asked (or ask the first time), who are we saving?

The non-exempt unvaccinated are segregated from the vaccinated. We're making vaccinated people feel like they are in danger. The exempt are a single minority and those with pre-existing illnesses CDC explained there eligibility for vaccination. Vaccinated people believe their chance of spreading the virus is so rare they don't think about it.

Who are you guys saving?

It can't be the vaccinated. They can't spread the virus and feel "near" hundred percent immune to catching it.
It can't be "just" the exempt; they are the minority
It can't be the unvaccinated. You guys feel we're endangering you so why care about our well-being.

Last edited:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
See and read the guide in post #864 because that’s the approach me and many others have taken.

It is insufficient and irresponsible, when perfectly fine vaccines are available.
If nobody would vaccinate and everyone would follow that guide frantically and to the T, we'ld be moving from lock down to lock down for another decade, with millions of deaths.

If on the other hand everybody gets vaccinated, we return to pretty much normal life within the year.

The only thing you’re doing by posting articles that favor vaccines ( which is fine with me and they may or may not turn out to be the best option)

They factually and demonstrably ARE the best option. The only option, actually. Moving from lockdown to lockdown with millions of deaths - I don't see that as a viable option at all.

, we don’t know yet

We do know. Vaccines have been out for quite some time now. More then 3.5 billion have been administered. Large scale clinical studies have been done. Ever one of the 3.5 billion was an additional test.

, is that there is conflicting views from doctors and experts about the vaccines,

There isn't. There's pretty much enormous consensus about it.
Obviously you will find the odd irresponsible prick who will say otherwise. There's quacks and just bad doctors everywhere, after all.

some people see this and are being cautious

Translation: some people are taking in by propaganda and have been scared by it.

Some are fine with the vaccines.

You are talking about perceptions of people.
I'm talking about objective data.
The objective data says the vaccines are just fine and work very well.

Good, so do what’s best for you and your family that you are responsible for.

"me me me" again.

In health crisis such as this one, you are not just playing with the health of yourself and your immediate family. Your responsibility extends to the whole of society.

Funny actually how the "muricans" who usually are so full of patriotism, now act like this. Are you one of them?

Getting vaccinated at this point is the most patriotic thing you can do.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
No it hasn’t failed and it’s always going to mutate. Who says if everyone gets vaccinated there will be no more viruses? No more lab leaks? How many lab leaks have we had so far?

1. covid: not a lab leak. that's conspiracy drivel from the Orange Man

2. even if it were a lab leak, that doesn't change anything. the virus is among us and we're going to have to deal with it.

3. remember when TB was a huge problem? Neither do I. Because by the time I was born, vaccination was mandatory and TB no longer an issue.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
That’s not true, the article you posted referencing your sentiment doesn’t use that language. What appears to be happening is the vaccines aren’t performing like we had hoped with vaccinated people still not immune and now it’s the blame game.

No expert or medical professional has ever said that vaccinated people can not get infected.
That's again misinformation that has been spoonfed to you it tseems.

Seriously, where do you get all this nonsense?
This is not even covid specific... this is basic biology and basic principles of how vaccination works.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
People that don’t want the vaccine, for what ever reason don’t really care if people get vaccinated or what other people think about it.

Indeed. Which is extremely selfish, unpatriotic and irresponsible.

There was confusion as to the reasons, so I gave some reasons, some people felt the need to discount these.

Because they are BS reasons rooted in ignorance and misinformation.

We have other treatments available other than the vaccines.

No, we don't.