• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You Open Your Door And It Is Jesus! What Instantly Did You Say?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
SunMessenger said:
As I thought of this question my first instinct would be to say I Love You! Come in! I Love You was my first and only reaction. I would shout this I just know it. We are assuming here that you somehow knew instantly that it was Him. There was no question. You were taken by surprise. What would be Your First Reaction or Thought? I must go now someone is knocking. Could It Be ???

I don't know (because one never quite knows how we would react to such an event); I'd like to think that I would have the presence of mind to hug him, and bring him in, offering hime food and drink, if he wanted some; I'd want to know why he chose my door though.

SunMessenger

Catholic
Bouncing Ball said:
I would ask him if he could also turn water into oil, gas and diesel..
In that case he would save the world for another 2 days..
What a great idea... I think I would go for a fill up with Premium Please... Be Well and God Bless...:beetle: :woohoo: :foryou:

SunMessenger

Catholic
michel said:
I don't know (because one never quite knows how we would react to such an event); I'd like to think that I would have the presence of mind to hug him, and bring him in, offering hime food and drink, if he wanted some; I'd want to know why he chose my door though.
He certainly would know how He would be received... Perhaps that is why He would choose You... Either way beautiful response... Thank You... Be Well and God Bless...:hug: :foryou:

SunMessenger

Catholic
MaddLlama said:
"Hey Jesus, want some coconut rum cake and a pina colada? Care to join us for some Star Trek?"
StarTrek would seem tame to this experience...LOL A drink might certainly be in order... Be Well and God Bless...

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
SunMessenger said:
As I thought of this question my first instinct would be to say I Love You! Come in! I Love You was my first and only reaction. I would shout this I just know it. We are assuming here that you somehow knew instantly that it was Him. There was no question. You were taken by surprise. What would be Your First Reaction or Thought? I must go now someone is knocking. Could It Be ???

My reaction when I read this was that I had none at all. I just sat here and didn't even look at the door.

Knowing me I'd see who it was through they eyehole first. I'd probaly open the door and just stare at him till he spoke first.........:eek:

SunMessenger

Catholic
Comet said:
My reaction when I read this was that I had none at all. I just sat here and didn't even look at the door.

Knowing me I'd see who it was through they eyehole first. I'd probaly open the door and just stare at him till he spoke first.........:eek:
Speechless is probably how most would respond... I hope that day comes ... Be Well and God Bless...

Melody

I believe that when you come face to face with Jesus, there will be no doubt in your mind that He is the Lord and He won't have to say a word.

For that reason, I can almost guarantee that His presence will inspire such awe and wonder (can we even seriously relate to His greatness?) that I will be, at the very least, on my knees and certainly would not immediately treat Him with the informality of a friend.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
SunMessenger said:
Speechless is probably how most would respond... I hope that day comes ... Be Well and God Bless...

I'd be more apt to be saved were I looking into a mirror when I answered.

1 Chorinthians 3:18-23

florence

SunMessenger said:
Hello Sunmessenger
Its a very good question ,of course!If Jesus would come to my place,I'll surely begin to cry with joy.Then i'd ask Him to make this world full of peace and fill the heart of every human with divine love of Jesus.THATS ALL

Smoke

Done here.
It is Jesus: "Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

So be nice.

Elvendon

Mystical Tea Dispenser
Wow, I don't know. I'd probably just stand there, too shocked to speak.

The really interesting question is; what would Jesus say to you?

SunMessenger

Catholic
Elvendon said:
Wow, I don't know. I'd probably just stand there, too shocked to speak.

The really interesting question is; what would Jesus say to you?
I am sure that one look would say it all... Be Well and God Bless

9harmony

SunMessenger said:

therein lies the rub...there is no guarantee that any of us would recognize Him.

but for the sake of this thread...assuming i did recogize Him, i would probably start profusely apologizing for anything i've done in my life contrary to His wishes.

Dr. Nosophoros

Jesus came to my door the other day, I let him in and was as courteous to him as any guest in my house. I asked him what he would like to drink and he said "water" I offered him a pitcher of water and he turned it into wine (and damn fine wine at that! a medium red but a heady one) with just an offhand wave of his finger. We talked philosophy, politics, etc. etc. - we had some disagreements but overall a damn fine fellow, look forward to seeing him soon.

Creedence Clearwater
B.B. King
WINE!!!

Dislikes:

Having his image or words twisted or used for personal political gain or societical control

And for all you ladies out there, he's single and looking.