• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You need God / God needs you ?

chinu

chinu
You need God, or God needs you ? If you need God -- then okay, its fine, no further question.

If you think -- God needs you -- then what for you think God needs you ?

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you think God is man made concept.

Brian2

Veteran Member
You need God, or God needs you ? If you need God -- then okay, its fine, no further question.

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you think God is man made concept.

What if I think the Hindu God is a man made concept?
The Hindu God needs you because you are part of the God.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I believe we do need God.
In my perspective God left us free to decide our fate.
He trusts us...that's why he gave us free will.
But free will is a big responsibility and burden for every human.
I do believe God does need people to put love into action.

Last edited:

God doesn't need anything, and if God does need, God loses the crown and title of God.

A Mudra filled song, but think of it as God's message to Mankind (from his Herald, The Artis Magistra and Ed Sheeran lol)

Brian2

Veteran Member
"The Hindu God"?

OK I have heard that there are thousands of Hindu Gods but also I have heard that there is only one Hindu God and I have even heard that some Hindus do not believe in any God/s. And I have probably heard some of this from you.
But anyway, if there is a Hindu God then we are all part of that God, yes? and so it needs us or it is diminished.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
OK I have heard that there are thousands of Hindu Gods but also I have heard that there is only one Hindu God and I have even heard that some Hindus do not believe in any God/s. And I have probably heard some of this from you.
But anyway, if there is a Hindu God then we are all part of that God, yes? and so it needs us or it is diminished.

Why would any god, Hindu or otherwise, be diminished for lack of need of us?

I'm pretty sure there are versions of the Hindu God which are free from all needs, and not at all in need of human beings or "made larger" by "the more stuff there is". For example, there are writings about Shiva which say that Shiva is Like Nothing, free from all such things, bodiless, pure, formless. That Shiva is my Hindu God.

Facts of Life: GOD AS DESCRIBED IN THE VEDAS

Advaita: Rig Veda says God is ‘ONE’ and God is Atman, then why believe and worship any other God in place of real God.+*****

Viraja

Jaya Jagannatha!
Chinu ji, I have kinda thought a similar question some time back.

One day during prayer it dawned on me that deep meditation on the divine, makes the divine feel connected with his innermost self. Which means, we are helping the divine connect to himself during our prayers. It might serve the purpose to say many believe the divine is not outside but inside, each one of us.

That means, we help the divine in ourselves realize himself/herself when we pray. Thus it serves as a means to strengthen that divine in us when we seek out to him.

Because god then feels empowered this way, he needs us.

*Just a food for thought.

It's fascinating to me to see that in your time here you've finally come around to acknowledging the existence of god.
Amanaki's conversion through Love is more interesting and impressive to me!

What are people calling God anyway? What do they say is responsible for the generation of the Sun and Universe and Big Bang and everything and our experience of whatever we experience and that we experience at all? Whatever is doing all that and has done all that, that alone can be called the God, it isn't some bearded guy in a cloud. Man!

PAUL MARKHAM

So, there would be no Universe if humans never came into existence?
The creation of the universe isn't something man or gods did. It's the result of the Big Bang.

Up until a few 100 years ago, Men believed in creation, now Men have disproven that.
They believed a god created the Earth as it is, Men have now disproven that.
We keep proving olds superstitious ideas wrong.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I couldn't say about God (I don't honor or much acknowledge the one-god from the Abrahamic religions). As for the gods, humans are channels for them much like anything else. Many gods are personifications of social forces and phenomena, which manifest through humans (among other animals). War, for example, manifests specifically through humans and without humans the gods of war would not be present on planet Earth.

I couldn't say about God (I don't honor or much acknowledge the one-god from the Abrahamic religions). As for the gods, humans are channels for them much like anything else. Many gods are personifications of social forces and phenomena, which manifest through humans (among other animals). War, for example, manifests specifically through humans and without humans the gods of war would not be present on planet Earth.

Who came first, Gods or Humans?