• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You do not need to be muslim to go to heaven

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians and the Sabians—whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve Quran [2.62]

And if Allah, willed, he could have made them of one religion, but he admits whom he wills into his mercy. And the wrongdoers have not any protector or helper
Quran 42:8

Let there be no compulsion in religion, for the truth stands out clearly from falsehood. So whoever renounces false gods and believes in God has certainly grasped the firmest, unfailing hand-hold. And God is All-Hearing, All-Knowing. Quran (2:256)

Marwan

*banned*
I'm not afraid of death, but where I might arrive, with the demons and devils in hell, for I have seen hell and I know demons exists since I have seen them too, thus...

I ask and pray to God to forgive my sins and again to forgive my sins and again to forgive my sins, to save me from hell and from being lost forever (death into eternal non-existence), and to show me mercy and goodness so that I may enter heaven/Paradise.

And write me among the witnessers O God!

That I testify and bear witness that there is no god or deity or divinity but You, that none has the right to be worshiped except You, that none are worthy of praise except You, and that You are the Most Great!!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians and the Sabians—whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve Quran [2.62]

And if Allah, willed, he could have made them of one religion, but he admits whom he wills into his mercy. And the wrongdoers have not any protector or helper

Let there be no compulsion in religion, for the truth stands out clearly from falsehood. So whoever renounces false gods and believes in God has certainly grasped the firmest, unfailing hand-hold. And God is All-Hearing, All-Knowing. Quran (2:256)

It depends on the circumstance of the person. If they have access to the truth, have the time, etc.

There's a verse that shows overall, no poor person or a person in a hard life, will enter hell, rather, it's only the affluent/luxury living people.

إِنَّهُمْ كَانُوا قَبْلَ ذَٰلِكَ مُتْرَفِينَ | Indeed they had been affluent before this, | Al-Waaqia : 45

Surely they were before that made to live in ease and plenty.
SHAKIR
They were endowed with good things
AHMED ALI
and before that they lived at ease,
ARBERRY
Verily, before that, they indulged in luxury,
HILALI & KHAN

And this makes sense if you keep in mind, that God says, those without power to acquire the truth nor reject it, will be forgiven (unless very evil):

إِلَّا الْمُسْتَضْعَفِينَ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ وَالنِّسَاءِ وَالْوِلْدَانِ لَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ حِيلَةً وَلَا يَهْتَدُونَ سَبِيلًا | Except those weak among men, women and children, who have neither access to any means nor are guided to any way. | An-Nisaa : 98

When you are poor, you don't have the time and ease to seek the truth of all religions. It's just a fact of life for most.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In my view, if it was only one of us on this forum making it to paradise, it would have to be you. But I just go by what you write here.
There are better people than I am here on RF.
Although I won't admit it.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Muhammad (pbuh) and the Quran are very confused about what heaven is like. There is no sex or houris or wine or gluttony in heaven.

Actually, I think Muhammad (pbuh) visited the astral world (which is full of sex, wine, food, parties etc) and thought it was heaven.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't even need to be Abrahamic to be there. ;)

Nor does anyone else. :)
I believe it boils down to this. 1. A person needs to want to go there 2. God has to be finished punishing the person for sins. If there is unfinished business He will send the person back for punishment in a new life.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe it boils down to this. 1. A person needs to want to go there 2. God has to be finished punishing the person for sins. If there is unfinished business He will send the person back for punishment in a new life.
There is no concept of sin or punishment in my worldview.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm not afraid of death, but where I might arrive, with the demons and devils in hell, for I have seen hell and I know demons exists since I have seen them too, thus...

I ask and pray to God to forgive my sins and again to forgive my sins and again to forgive my sins, to save me from hell and from being lost forever (death into eternal non-existence), and to show me mercy and goodness so that I may enter heaven/Paradise.

And write me among the witnessers O God!

That I testify and bear witness that there is no god or deity or divinity but You, that none has the right to be worshiped except You, that none are worthy of praise except You, and that You are the Most Great!!
I believe I can say: Your sins are forgiven.

InvestigateTruth

Then how do you explain these verses:

"Indeed, those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers and wish to discriminate between Allah and His messengers and say, "We believe in some and disbelieve in others," and wish to adopt a way in between - they are indeed the true disbelievers. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating punishment." 4:150-151

[2:8] And there are some people who say: We believe in Allah and the last day; and they are not at all believers.
[2:9] They desire to deceive Allah and those who believe, and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive.
[2:10] There is a disease in their hearts, so Allah added to their disease and they shall have a painful chastisement because they lied.
[2:39] And (as to) those who disbelieve in and reject My communications, they are the inmates of the fire, in it they shall abide.

Maybe @Link can explain.

Shaul

Premium Member
According to the Quran there were those that came before the Quran was given, and who were not muslim, such as Abraham, that went to heaven. Ergo there are non-muslims in heaven.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Actually, I think Muhammad (pbuh) visited the astral world (which is full of sex, wine, food, parties etc) and thought it was heaven.
Funnily enough, I was browsing the more "esoteric" subreddits not too long ago and I stumbled upon an old post by someone who claimed to have astral projected into a city in the astral world mostly populated by human souls. They claimed the city was filled with restaurants, shops, brothels, strip clubs and places of public debauchery. Since in the astral you can indulge all your base passions without any of the consequences of the physical, it's what most people end up doing before they face an eventual reincarnation back to the physical world.

I'm always sceptical of such claims. They could be larping for all I know. But it's just interesting that you would paint a similar picture of the astral that I saw painted on Reddit not all that long ago.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then how do you explain these verses:

"Indeed, those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers and wish to discriminate between Allah and His messengers and say, "We believe in some and disbelieve in others," and wish to adopt a way in between - they are indeed the true disbelievers. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating punishment." 4:150-151

[2:8] And there are some people who say: We believe in Allah and the last day; and they are not at all believers.
[2:9] They desire to deceive Allah and those who believe, and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive.
[2:10] There is a disease in their hearts, so Allah added to their disease and they shall have a painful chastisement because they lied.
[2:39] And (as to) those who disbelieve in and reject My communications, they are the inmates of the fire, in it they shall abide.

Maybe @Link can explain.
Salam

وَإِذَا بُشِّرَ أَحَدُهُمْ بِمَا ضَرَبَ لِلرَّحْمَٰنِ مَثَلًا ظَلَّ وَجْهُهُ مُسْوَدًّا وَهُوَ كَظِيمٌ | When one of them is brought the news of what he ascribes to the All-beneficent, his face becomes darkened and he chokes with suppressed rage, [and says] | Az-Zukhruf : 17

I brought this verse, to show, that Quran deals with local and that time as well as have universal application.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. . The hour drew nigh and the moon did rend asunder. 1And if they see a miracle they turn aside and say: Transient magic. 2And they call (it) a lie, and follow their low desires; and every affair has its appointed term. 3And certainly some narratives have come to them wherein is prevention-- 4Consummate wisdom-- but warnings do not avail; 5So turn (your) back on them (for) the day when the inviter shall invite them to a hard task, 6Their eyes cast down, going forth from their graves as if they were scattered locusts, 7

Miracles were consistently shown, and so I believe the verses you quote has to be seen in this context.

At that point, a Deist or polytheist believing in God, but rejecting Messengers, is lying to himself and is a disbeliever.

There are some hadiths here about the neither disbelievers nor believers: Non-haters will enter paradise.