• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yeah, Catholic again...

Master Vigil

The Ex Fiancee and I are still best friends! We have an odd relationship, that only we can understand. I will always love her, and she knows that. :D

Master Vigil

Just thought I'd let everyone know how this whole thing has unfolded. :D

It seems I do not fit into Catholicism, any more than I fit into the same pair of underwear that I fit into when I was 6. I've just outgrown it.

What this means however, is NOT that I am not Catholic. But my spirituality has broken out of the tiny box that is "catholic" and has become more generally Pantheist. And I would like to thank Father Michael at the Camaldolese monastery in Big Sur, CA for helping me understand this.

Peace!
Dan

Master Vigil

No!!! But my understanding of it has evolved. I did quite a few experiments. The first thing I wanted to see, was if it affected everyone the same. Whether they went up and took the eucharist, or not. And it did affect everyone the same. Next I wanted to see how far of a radius the "blast" was. I concluded that depending on the priest, it could be as small as a few thousand feet, or as big as a few miles. Then I wanted to see if it affected everyone within that radius the same. No matter what they believe. And yes... it affected everyone the same.

So I was stuck with this dilemma, the act of being AT mass or even taking part in it, really wasn't "important", they could be at the sheetz a few blocks away and get the same affect. So then, why is being Catholic important? But then, if Catholics didn't exist, neither would the priests, and then neither would these eucharistic "blasts". So then, I had to figure out if it happened in the natural world, that perhaps I had been overlooking.

I had looked and looked and found nothing. Then I was staying in the monastery in Big Sur, CA and had to wake up real early for morning Vigils. Well, I got to meditate afterwards as the sun rose. Guess what... there it was. It happens every morning, to everyone, even if they are asleep.

From all of this, I suggest that if someone is in need of a Christian religion... catholicism is certainly my suggestion. But if not, I suggest just relax, and be in awe of the divine EVERYWHERE around you. :D

Last edited: