• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yeah, Catholic again...

Master Vigil

Just to give you all an update... My visions have become more potent and troublesome. No one ever said following truth would be easy. I am VERY unclear about my visions right now, so I don't want to talk about them. But I just wanted to pop in a let everyone know that I'm still alive.

God Bless!
Dan

astarath

good to hear but best to share. If you PM your vision i have been blessed with the abililty to determine a meaning through prayer in the past and my be able to help!

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Just to give you all an update... My visions have become more potent and troublesome. No one ever said following truth would be easy. I am VERY unclear about my visions right now, so I don't want to talk about them. But I just wanted to pop in a let everyone know that I'm still alive.

God Bless!
Dan
Thanks Dan....

Peace be with you,

~Victor

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Sorry to hear that, Dan. Isn't there a way to shut them off? ;)

Just concentrate on your love for God. Hopefully that will sustain you.

Thanks for the update. :)

Francine

Jon²;1016708 said:
I'm not being rude or sarcastic, but visions?

Acts.2:[17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Carol wis

God Bless you MV, I too came back to RCC because of the Eucharist. I was consummed with a desire to have. I've heard alot about Eucharist Miracles, yours is for all of us, a profession of Truth.

jolakoturinn

Panem angelorum
You say you have this ability to sense and understand spiritual activity and yet you wish to take a step backwards and follow a man (the pope or bishop) who doesn't have this ability?

The Church lacks enlightened direction. They continue to battle science instead of accepting it as God's way. They treat women as second class citizens. They are against personal choice, you must follow their rules and their rituals when choice is one of the greatest gifts God gave to us all.

Could you back up these claims, please? With proof.

Master Vigil

So, I know I haven't been on here in a really long time. And although I would love to share with you all what I'm going through right now, I think it's not the best thing to do. I will tell you though, that Holy Week is exhausting me. But it's a good exhaustion and suffering. :D

After Easter I should (hopefully) have a clearer direction in life, and will be able to let you all know how I am. I love you all! And may the joy and peace of god be with you ALL!!!

Master Vigil

An Update...

I am looking into religious monastic or eremitic life. Right now, my main focus is on Carmel of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Monastery in northern Wyoming. A Discalced Carmelite monastery. It is almost exactly what God seems to want for me. My secondary focuses are on St. Vincent Archabbey in Latrobe, Pa - a Benedictine monastery that is not so much austere and traditional as the Carmelite Monastery in Wyoming. And thirdly, Mt Carmel Hermitage in Bolivar, PA. Another Carmelite community, this one being a hermitage and closer to home than the one in Wyoming.

This is a very difficult decision for me, to leave all I have behind and go. But it's becoming more and more a direction for me. I will try as best I can to keep you all updated. But it may be difficult.

As always, may the joy and peace of god be with you all!

Romulus

Aspiring Writer
Hello,

I have to admit I'm a newbie and, in this topic, biased religiously. Also, I can be a bit of a skeptic about these things. But I think it's great that you've found some higher calling to religion. I’m glad you chose Catholicism—I think there’s a surprising amount of leniency in the church with regards to issues than most people think. I've never seen anything, but I have experienced a feeling of purity and relaxation sometimes after receiving the Eucharist or going to Confession, plus a few personal moments when I’m alone. Your descriptions do remind me of a couple of saints/holy people, though.

I hope you are able to follow whatever path is laid out for you, but I also (at the risk of being too bold) hope that you don't forsake things like starting a family if your heart is set deeply on them—not that I'm saying you should disobey God if you feel you've been called to do something, I just think that God can sometimes speak from within us, too.

But then, I’m (obviously) no expert, and my understanding of things evolves, just like everyone else’s. I do not mean to offend you in any way or overstep any boundaries, especially since I just jumped into this thread.

May God bless you

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
An Update...

I am looking into religious monastic or eremitic life. Right now, my main focus is on Carmel of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Monastery in northern Wyoming. A Discalced Carmelite monastery. It is almost exactly what God seems to want for me. My secondary focuses are on St. Vincent Archabbey in Latrobe, Pa - a Benedictine monastery that is not so much austere and traditional as the Carmelite Monastery in Wyoming. And thirdly, Mt Carmel Hermitage in Bolivar, PA. Another Carmelite community, this one being a hermitage and closer to home than the one in Wyoming.

This is a very difficult decision for me, to leave all I have behind and go. But it's becoming more and more a direction for me. I will try as best I can to keep you all updated. But it may be difficult.

As always, may the joy and peace of god be with you all!

I have to say, I'm not familiar with the Carmelittes. What is their deal?

Master Vigil

I guess I should give everyone an update. I spent 2 weeks in California visiting New Camaldoli Hermitage in Big Sur. I LOVED IT! Sadly though, I am too young for that specific place. So I will be visiting other Monasteries and Hermitages soon. I plan on my next visit being Mount Carmel Hermitage in Bolivar PA.

The best part of my visit to California was my realization that I am a monk. My biggest problem was, I wanted to join a monastery to become a monk. But as I learned... you either are or aren't a monk. No place, and no one can make you one.

So I'm here, living at my parent's house, trying to live as a monk until I find where I belong. And where I can be... me.

Peace and Simplicity be with you all!

ranjana

i dont know if its rude to ask such direct questions, so ignore if so. how did your ex fiancee take everything? are you still in touch?