• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yeah, Catholic again...

Scott1

Praise God praise God!

May our blessed mother guide you to ever closer to her Divine son.

Your brother CATHOLIC!
Scott

Master Vigil

I'm sorry if I haven't been posting here that often, there is a lot of discernment going on in my life right now. I haven't had any time to even get on the forums, let alone come up with concise and meaningful expressions of my present spiritual journey. I hope this doesn't take more than a month to finish, but I will be back and will be posting more as soon as I have the time and energy to do so.

Until then, thank you all who have been so supportive, welcoming, loving, etc...

May the grace of god be with you all!

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I'm sorry if I haven't been posting here that often, there is a lot of discernment going on in my life right now. I haven't had any time to even get on the forums, let alone come up with concise and meaningful expressions of my present spiritual journey. I hope this doesn't take more than a month to finish, but I will be back and will be posting more as soon as I have the time and energy to do so.

Until then, thank you all who have been so supportive, welcoming, loving, etc...

MV, no need to rush it. Such things take time, meditation, and conscious pondering. Either way, peace be with you. :)

Buttercup

Veteran Member

No worries, MV. I'm just enjoying the snippets you have shared about your spiritual journey. When you have time and if you want to, pop in and tell us where you are at the moment. Are you keeping a journal? Whatever parts you'd be willing to share, I'm sure we'd love to hear about them.

I wish love and joy to you....:)

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate

And with you. :namaste

Master Vigil

Thank you all for those who have helped me, prayed for me, and supported me through this ordeal. My journey is just beginning, but my discernment for joining a religious order is complete. Finally. :)

I am going on a retreat next weekend to better clear my head and get back into the swing of things (both at work, and at mass). I'm going to go on a retreat in December to become a Eucharistic Minister, I am VERY excited about this. And then I am going to seek out the nearest Secular Franciscans and apply to join. I am also going to prepare for further schooling and studying in preparation for permanent Diaconate in about 10 years. :D I also plan to teach children either Sunday school, or something.

Overall, I am a lay Catholic that has taken 3 vows. Simplicity, Obedience, and Adoration.

I vow to live simply, humbly, and modestly.
I vow to be obedient to the One Holy and Apostolic Church.
And
I vow to be in adoration of Gods divine presence in the Most Holy and Blessed Sacrament... The Holy Eucharist.

I go forth with bare feet, and a simple spirit.
Lord have mercy on me.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Thank you all for those who have helped me, prayed for me, and supported me through this ordeal. My journey is just beginning, but my discernment for joining a religious order is complete. Finally. :)
Congratulations on the new direction you've found! I had no idea you had been looking for the right path for so long...I thought you had already found it.

I am going on a retreat next weekend to better clear my head and get back into the swing of things (both at work, and at mass). I'm going to go on a retreat in December to become a Eucharistic Minister, I am VERY excited about this. And then I am going to seek out the nearest Secular Franciscans and apply to join. I am also going to prepare for further schooling and studying in preparation for permanent Diaconate in about 10 years. :D I also plan to teach children either Sunday school, or something.
Wow! You sure made up your mind fast! Would you explain to us exactly what a Eucharist Minister does and the qualifications needed? Because you are a lay person you can marry right? :D Also, I don't know what 'Dianconate' means. Would you mind explaining?

I continue to be very happy that you're so happy. :)

Master Vigil

Congratulations on the new direction you've found! I had no idea you had been looking for the right path for so long...I thought you had already found it.
I had thought that too. But I suppose this journey will not end for a long time. :D

Wow! You sure made up your mind fast! Would you explain to us exactly what a Eucharist Minister does and the qualifications needed? Because you are a lay person you can marry right? :D Also, I don't know what 'Dianconate' means. Would you mind explaining?
I like to think that it took 8 years to make up my mind. :D But I try not to think that I know whats to come. My Priest told me that it's ok not to know, if we did... we'd try to make a "better" plan. But of course, we could never make a better plan.

A Eucharistic Minister is someone who helps distribute the Eucharist at mass, or to the homebound who cannot make it to mass. My obsession of the Eucharist has made this decision easy. :D

The Diaconate or "Deacon" is part of the Catholic clergy. All priests have to start out as Deacons before they are ordained as priests. But one can be a "Permanent Deacon" which allows them to be married, have other jobs, etc... You can read more about it here... Deacon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I continue to be very happy that you're so happy. :)
Thank you so much! May the grace of god be with you all!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I had thought that too. But I suppose this journey will not end for a long time. :D
I like that. It's how we should all view spirituality.

I like to think that it took 8 years to make up my mind. :D But I try not to think that I know whats to come. My Priest told me that it's ok not to know, if we did... we'd try to make a "better" plan. But of course, we could never make a better plan.
So true.

A Eucharistic Minister is someone who helps distribute the Eucharist at mass, or to the homebound who cannot make it to mass. My obsession of the Eucharist has made this decision easy. :D
Yes, I can imagine the visions help solidify this decision no doubt! :D

The Diaconate or "Deacon" is part of the Catholic clergy. All priests have to start out as Deacons before they are ordained as priests. But one can be a "Permanent Deacon" which allows them to be married, have other jobs, etc... You can read more about it here...
Sheesh. Of course. If I had thought about my question for two more seconds I would have realized the Latin word for Deacon. I do know what that is.

What does your girlfriend think about all this? Is she interested in the Catholic church at all?

Thank you so much! May the grace of god be with you all!
Please keep this thread updated when you feel like it. :)

Master Vigil

I like that. It's how we should all view spirituality.
I agree.

Yeah, and I think that the majority of Christians think they have found that "better way". But I won't get into that. :D

Yes, I can imagine the visions help solidify this decision no doubt! :D
Oh absolutely! It is the sole reason of my conversion. So I think it natural that I would want to take part in it as much as I can.

Sheesh. Of course. If I had thought about my question for two more seconds I would have realized the Latin word for Deacon. I do know what that is.
haha, I thought so.

What does your girlfriend think about all this? Is she interested in the Catholic church at all?
She's really happy that I am not going to be a priest and that I am ready to commit myself to her and god. She's catholic too, so we are both joining the parish and are going to become more active in it together. Which is awesome!

Please keep this thread updated when you feel like it. :)
Oh I will! :D

I love you all!

Peace be with you!
Dan

Master Vigil

Just to give you all an update...

Since I returned to the Church, things have been pretty good. My prayer life has been strengthened, and my relationship with my fiance has been strengthened.

However, the odd part is that my business has been growing exponentially. But.. this has caused me to miss daily mass; ALOT! So I feel that I need to let my business slow down a bit, for we ALL can be extremely successful in this world without God. But that success ends in this world. Never forget that my brothers and sisters. Do not focus your success on this world that is transient and short lived. But focus all of your power and energy on the eternal world to come. Life everlasting, Amen.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

Since I returned to the Church, things have been pretty good. My prayer life has been strengthened, and my relationship with my fiance has been strengthened.

However, the odd part is that my business has been growing exponentially. But.. this has caused me to miss daily mass; ALOT! So I feel that I need to let my business slow down a bit, for we ALL can be extremely successful in this world without God. But that success ends in this world. Never forget that my brothers and sisters. Do not focus your success on this world that is transient and short lived. But focus all of your power and energy on the eternal world to come. Life everlasting, Amen.

If your Business is Growing and taking time... there is a reason for it.
May be you are being shown you need other directions to move... If you miss a Mass make extra time in some other way to serve.
God uses us in many ways.
May be you will need a successful business behind you some day to be able to fulfil some other need.

Buttercup

Veteran Member

That's wonderful! :)

Good advice. However, don't start letting that Catholic guilt set in on you. :p God understands if you're busy for awhile. It's a trend for most businesses to get busy just before the holidays....it will settle down soon. Enjoy your business and God too. ;)

blackout

Violet.
If you don't take the opportunity to build your business now,
you may wind up like me and my husband did,
struggling to pay the bills with 4 kids (no birth control/catholic)
FORCED to work sundays and saturday nights...
(me at the church playing piano, my husband elsewhere)
3 jobs and a small business between us...
too many young ones for me to handle in the church by myself
(as well as illness from too much stress).

Then there is no church,
AND no money.

It was a hard road back to joy,
and it started in my knowing God in every single moment,
in every place I was.

Back then, God's true presence was only in that building,
at the hands of other men.
So what happens when life does not afford you the opportunity of being there?

It's just some food for thought.

Master Vigil

hehe... I knew I would get slack for that comment. :D I'm not going to let my business suffer, that would be idiotic. But I'm not going to let it take over my life either. That would be just as idiotic!

May God bless you all. :D

blackout

Violet.
hehe... I knew I would get slack for that comment. :D I'm not going to let my business suffer, that would be idiotic. But I'm not going to let it take over my life either. That would be just as idiotic!

May God bless you all. :D

I hope you did not take my comments as "slack".
Certainly they were not intended that way.
I genuinely wish my catholic brothers and sisters "in Life"...
the same rich happiness that I wish all my other brothers and sisters "in Life".
(which would be everyone!:rainbow1:)

My "experience" is my experience...
just as yours is yours. ya know?;)

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

God Bless you. Such beautiful advice for us all.