• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yay, Biden!!! ... Well, wait a minute ...

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I do, you should read more carefully.

The difference is that the democrats still feel the need to at least pretend they care about the common folks. While the republicans don't even feel the need to pretend, anymore. They are the party of greed and selfishness, outright.
Actually, Trump did present proposals that were attractive to working class people. That was the target audience for his America First economic proposals.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But the millionaires and billionaires don't have enough money, yet. So there'll be no breaks for anyone else. Not as long as they can continue to buy whatever legislation served their bottomless greed.

You're probably right, although it's a reckless and destructive path for America to take. It can only end in disaster.

PureX

Veteran Member
Actually, Trump did present proposals that were attractive to working class people. That was the target audience for his America First economic proposals.
He gave them promises with absolutely no plan to make them happen. Mostly, it was right wing media telling people how Trump and the republicans were going to help then. Yet for 40 years, they never have.

PureX

Veteran Member
You're probably right, although it's a reckless and destructive path for America to take. It can only end in disaster.
They don't care. They'll have piles of money and homes all over the globe to run and hide from the mess they've made.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I expect a President Biden to do pretty much nothing but keep the seat warm for the next few years until we're stupid enough to elect another republican president, who will then finish the job of destroying democracy and the middle class once and for all. Because that's what the oligarchs that control both parties want, and it's what they will get because we're just too stupid and selfish to band together and fight them.

But I suppose we can thank Joe and Kamala for the temporary stay of execution.
So why don't you give them a chance before making your judgement?

A female Vice President might just surprise you

PureX

Veteran Member
So why don't you give them a chance before making your judgement?

A female Vice President might just surprise you
Vice Presidents do mostly nothing (except for Cheney).

Biden has done nothing but vote like a republican his whole career.

So unless he dies, and Kamala takes over, I see little hope for change. Especially when the republicans will fight EVERYTHING the democrats try to do, good or bad.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
He gave them promises with absolutely no plan to make them happen. Mostly, it was right wing media telling people how Trump and the republicans were going to help then. Yet for 40 years, they never have.
It's the same with the Dems, particularly with Obama, who did almost nothing he said he would.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Vice Presidents do mostly nothing (except for Cheney).

Biden has done nothing but vote like a republican his whole career.

So unless he dies, and Kamala takes over, I see little hope for change. Especially when the republicans will fight EVERYTHING the democrats try to do, good or bad.
Give 'em their chance, eh?
Kamala might surprise you. ??

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's laughable. Want to compare "Promises Kept" between administrations?
You realize there are websites that track that stuff?
That's nice, but I'm not ignorant. Obama was just another neoliberal warmonger and puppet. He expanded the wars, destroyed Libya (where "our side" committed war crimes) and did nothing for the working class or poor, besides the Medicaid expansion.

tytlyf

Not Religious
That's nice, but I'm not ignorant. Obama was just another neoliberal warmonger and puppet. He expanded the wars, destroyed Libya (where "our side" committed war crimes) and did nothing for the working class or poor, besides the Medicaid expansion.
The president doesn't decide those things. Congress makes laws and the rules. If I remember correctly, republicans had control of one or both chambers of congress during Obama's term. And they vowed to make him a 1 term president.
The presidency is a leadership position, not a policy making position.

PureX

Veteran Member
It's the same with the Dems, particularly with Obama, who did almost nothing he said he would.
He tried, but the corrupt legislature has to make the laws, not the president. And 6 of 8 years of Obama's term the republican controlled the legislation. They wouldn't even let a bill the democrats proposed come to a vote, good, bad, or indifferent. So it was hardly Obama's fault if nothing got done.

Tambourine

Democrats pretend they care about 'the people', but when their wealthy benefactors send in the lobbyist 'bagmen', the democrats take the money and vote how they're told. Every time.
You can care about "the people" (whoever that is) all you want, if you run out of money your political career is finished.

averageJOE

zombie
And in a few years we will see things like Trump dancing on the Ellen show or being a special guest on The View in order to paint his presidency as "not that bad" in order to defeat the next monster Republican poised to win the White House. And Melania Trump will speak at the Democratic National Convention.

amorphous_constellation

I expect a President Biden to do pretty much nothing but keep the seat warm for the next few years until we're stupid enough to elect another republican president, who will then finish the job of destroying democracy and the middle class once and for all. Because that's what the oligarchs that control both parties want, and it's what they will get because we're just too stupid and selfish to band together and fight them.

But I suppose we can thank Joe and Kamala for the temporary stay of execution.

Well from what I hear, trump basically won because he packed the courts.. though I don't understand much about the technical parts of government.. and then the house and senate are more right now, right ? So then we are just left with a democrat executive, who can't do much. Can you explain what he did, how many people on the right did he help give power to, and how does that compare to the obama biden times

tytlyf

Not Religious
Interesting viewpoint. You should look further into your claims.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Democrats pretend they care about 'the people', but when their wealthy benefactors send in the lobbyist 'bagmen', the democrats take the money and vote how they're told. Every time.
Democrats don't pretend, it's part of their platform.
Democrat wealthy benefactors? Last I checked, it was Trump with the yuuge average donation amount, while Biden's avg donation was around $30.
Did you forget that republicans support Citizens United and anonymous Dark Money buying elections and influencing laws?
Did you forget that it wasn't democrats who just gave tons of freebies to capitalist elitists and mega-corporations instead of the middle class?

Major false equivalency.

I don't vote republican because I'm in the middle class.

PureX

Veteran Member
Well from what I hear, trump basically won because he packed the courts.. though I don't understand much about the technical parts of government.. and then the house and senate are more right now, right ? So then we are just left with a democrat executive, who can't do much. Can you explain what he did, how many people on the right did he help give power to, and how does that compare to the obama biden times
Trump lost, but the republicans have been packing the courts with biased judges, eliminating electoral oversight, and gerrymandering, all in an attempt to rig the democratic system in their favor. Which it now is. So much so that they can win elections even though they lose the popular vote, and they can "appoint" republicans to the legislature by creating new 'districts' to gain the majority. This has been going on for a long time and the American people have ignored it. And the result is that democracy, itself, is being seriously threatened.

amorphous_constellation

Trump lost, but the republicans have been packing the courts with biased judges, eliminating electoral oversight, and gerrymandering, all in an attempt to rig the democratic system in their favor. Which it now is. So much so that they can win elections even though they lose the popular vote, and they can "appoint" republicans to the legislature by creating new 'districts' to gain the majority. This has been going on for a long time and the American people have ignored it. And the result is that democracy, itself, is being seriously threatened.

I think I need a good, clear book to understand how all that works.. like 'politics for dummies' or something