• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrath!!

desideraht

Hellspawn
Wrath! One of the more passionate Sins... Are you Wrathful? Do you take pleasure from it?

I get a rise out of Wrath, and often. Wrath is what drew me to Satanism, and ultimately led me to discovering the Left-Hand Path. It is with Wrath that I sought ritual, as a way to channel this harsh and powerful Spiritual energy. How do you see it?

Anger is a pretty stupid emotion, I think. It does, ultimately, exist to preserve our survival, although I feel in most instances it hinders our overall happiness. It exists beyond our control, however. I often use Wrath against those who I consider to be weak. It also rises within me uncontrollably when someone has harmed me, particularly when they have harmed my heart.

What is Wrath/anger to you? And how does it related to your Path?

desideraht

Hellspawn
Anger is an urge to punish when there is no one to blame. It's very rarely an aspect of my practice.
Is it always? I think there are often people to blame—and that those who commit wrongdoings are to be held responsible for their actions. Granted, one man is not so entitled to inflict Judgment upon another. However, if a man dare smite Me, I will be sure to smite him back much harder! It is the Way of things... A means of self-preservation. Far too long have I given quiet Mercy to those who deserved it not.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Free will is a persistent illusion. Therefore, I cannot hold another accountable anymore than I can blame a hurricane for choosing to destroy a coastline.

Erebus

I'm generally pretty calm and don't often lose my temper. I did when I was younger though, ended up fighting more often than I'd like and regularly going ballistic at people.
Nowadays I've learned to channel that anger into exercise. I use it to give me a push when I'm lifting weights for example.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Wrath and anger are useful when appropriate, say when someone is trying to rip you off, steal from you, or trying to kill you. And I don't consider wrath as a "sin"= disobeying the will of god. I don't believe in sin for I don't believe in the existence of some almighty, omnipotent god. As a Setian/Satanist I determine my own morals and ethics in accordance with my own life experience and what I think to be right or wrong. For instance, the killing or harming in any way of innocent children to me would be wrong. The love of a beautiful, understanding, and caring woman would be right, good. I think we humans instinctively know the difference betweem positive and negative behavior, and it is good that we live in a society of laws for numerous reasons I won't get into here. I personally don't need a religious set of moral codes to tell me what I already think and feel.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
What's the difference?
Rage can blind you to what is really there. Wrath is when you have optimized anger to quickly quiet the other emotions (so you can perceive the situation clearly,) pinpoint the problem at hand (you need clear vision for this,) identify the solution (you need an emotionally stable mind for this,) and take the appropriate action to remedy the situation.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I feel like I outgrew wrath. I was big into it in high school, now I see anger like that as a ridiculous burden. I have better things to do.

desideraht

Hellspawn
Wrath and anger are useful when appropriate, say when someone is trying to rip you off, steal from you, or trying to kill you. And I don't consider wrath as a "sin"= disobeying the will of god. I don't believe in sin for I don't believe in the existence of some almighty, omnipotent god. As a Setian/Satanist I determine my own morals and ethics in accordance with my own life experience and what I think to be right or wrong. For instance, the killing or harming in any way of innocent children to me would be wrong. The love of a beautiful, understanding, and caring woman would be right, good. I think we humans instinctively know the difference betweem positive and negative behavior, and it is good that we live in a society of laws for numerous reasons I won't get into here. I personally don't need a religious set of moral codes to tell me what I already think and feel.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
I accept Sin as a concept. I do not truly believe there is a God waiting to punish us or who is Judging us.

I feel like I outgrew wrath. I was big into it in high school, now I see anger like that as a ridiculous burden. I have better things to do.
Must it be nice to have perfect control over your emotions. That or your life may be uneventful. I have faced severe betrayal. Some people may feel it is best to "brush this off" but I think they do not understand the emotional intensity that comes with a situation like this, and they have likely never experienced it.

Premium Member
I was left to a psychiatric hospital because my friends couldn't spare an hour. You keep making sweeping assumptions that are completely incorrect. Practice, you'll get better.

Premium Member
*post deleted*

No I was just evaluated and went home. Being institutionalized would be far worse for me than not. Wouldn't work for me, my ability to combat depression and addiction at least sufficiently is self created, not from therapy or meetings or anything. Logic is more objective than emotion, it's simple. Maybe it's an ideological thing.

Not that it doesn't take indefinite practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
One of the gods I relate with is pretty much an embodiment of passion on the wrathful side of the spectrum. It's the part of my path I tend to not talk about and stays in the shadows, where it is drawn from when needed. If I have a strong reaction to bad life events, it tends towards anxiety or sadness, which can be very debilitating. Allowing myself to be angry pulls me out of the anxiety/sadness paralysis rather effectively, though passion in general will do this. It's a tool one must use with care, because it's inherently toxic. Perhaps we owe that toxicity to prevailing cultural norms that require suppression of anger.

ScottySatan

I'm unhappy when I'm angry.

People who get angry a lot are annoying to work with. I work with a stereotypically passionate Italian woman and it's a pain in the *** because we waste time almost every day calming her down. I'm going to decline to get into the second project we had planned together.

desideraht

Hellspawn
No I was just evaluated and went home. Being institutionalized would be far worse for me than not. Wouldn't work for me, my ability to combat depression and addiction at least sufficiently is self created, not from therapy or meetings or anything. Logic is more objective than emotion, it's simple. Maybe it's an ideological thing.

Not that it doesn't take indefinite practice.
Oh. I do think that you were being somewhat misleading by stating that you were in a psychiatric hospital. Usually when people say that they mean they were held for 24 hours or more.

And My point was misconstrued (by whoever reported it). I was not marginalising you for being hospitalised (or in this case, evaluated), nor was I attacking you personally with that statement. All I was stating was that you having to go to the mental hospital is proof that it isn't so easy as "reasoning" yourself out of it. I said that under the impression that you had been held, as what you stated made it sound like you were.

Again, simply having logic does not mean it overrides emotion. It leads me to believe that you do not truly understand depression, if you can simply "logic" yourself out of it. Were it that easy we would not need medication. People would not try to, or successfully kill themselves. They'd just get reasoned/talked out of it. Obviously reason alone is not enough for most. And the same goes for anger.

Premium Member
Oh. I do think that you were being somewhat misleading by stating that you were in a psychiatric hospital. Usually when people say that they mean they were held for 24 hours or more.

And My point was misconstrued (by whoever reported it). I was not marginalising you for being hospitalised (or in this case, evaluated), nor was I attacking you personally with that statement. All I was stating was that you having to go to the mental hospital is proof that it isn't so easy as "reasoning" yourself out of it. I said that under the impression that you had been held, as what you stated made it sound like you were.

Again, simply having logic does not mean it overrides emotion. It leads me to believe that you do not truly understand depression, if you can simply "logic" yourself out of it. Were it that easy we would not need medication. People would not try to, or successfully kill themselves. They'd just get reasoned/talked out of it. Obviously reason alone is not enough for most. And the same goes for anger.

You were reported? Anyways ...

I'm sick of people like you who decide "well I'll just be depressed, anyone who manages their depression isn't really depressed."- You're (pretending?) to be a Satanist, where's your strength? I never claimed a full proof plan, there are times when emotions will always be blinding, but they can be minimized. I understand I have depression, I understamd the games it plays on my conscious mind, and therefore I can recognize the game. So when I am feeling worthlesa, lazy, unaccomplished, whatever I can say "this is depression, it's mental not objective", and I can deal with it from there through both objective knowledge and subjective manipulation. It's not easy, quite the opposite, yet you seem under the impression I can just brush it off easy as pie. Easier in theory than practice, but still possible. Get off your occultic *** and work at it.

Next you'll claim enough for a daily overdose of Vicodin wasn't really addiction since I sobered up without any third party.

Last edited by a moderator: