• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrath!!

desideraht

Hellspawn
I am done. I liked you at first but now you've resorted to completely mischaraterising Me. And yet I was the one accused of attacking someone. Bulls***. Be Gone.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
Rage can blind you to what is really there. Wrath is when you have optimized anger to quickly quiet the other emotions (so you can perceive the situation clearly,) pinpoint the problem at hand (you need clear vision for this,) identify the solution (you need an emotionally stable mind for this,) and take the appropriate action to remedy the situation.

Very accurate description in my opinion. I don't know if it would be called "wrath", but what UFC fighters experience in the ring is not Rage or anger in my opinion. It is a controlled increase in energy while maintaining total clarity.

Must it be nice to have perfect control over your emotions. That or your life may be uneventful. I have faced severe betrayal. Some people may feel it is best to "brush this off" but I think they do not understand the emotional intensity that comes with a situation like this, and they have likely never experienced it.

Severe betrayal is in the eye of the beholder in my opinion. You don't neccesarilly have to brush it off, but if you let it make you unhappy whose winning in the situation? Almost everyone has experienced emotionally intense betrayal in my opinion in one way or another, it is how you choose to handle it that is important in my opinion.

All suffering, in my opinion, is equal above the lack basic neccesities of food, water, shelter, and of course physical pain. It's just how emotionally intense you choose to allow it to be. People kill themselves for a variety of different reasons: Money, relationships, lack of self worth, etc. Are any one of these problems any more or less intense to the person experiencing it?

Again, simply having logic does not mean it overrides emotion. It leads me to believe that you do not truly understand depression, if you can simply "logic" yourself out of it. Were it that easy we would not need medication. People would not try to, or successfully kill themselves. They'd just get reasoned/talked out of it. Obviously reason alone is not enough for most. And the same goes for anger.

Logic does override emotion if you choose to listen to it. Is it irrational to be unhappy because of what someone else did?

The brain works by sending impulses that activate certain parts of the brain in response to certain stimuli, but studies have shown that you have the ability to change the pattern in which this happens.

Depression, wrath, and any other emotional mind-state, in my opinion, can be overcome by changing the brain pattern. The problem is that the brain pattern is stubborn and does not change easily. You have to work at it like anything else, and the source from which that desire to change comes from I have not located yet. But at the end of the day, YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE IT IF YOU SO CHOOSE.

I am done. I liked you at first but now you've resorted to completely mischaraterising Me. And yet I was the one accused of attacking someone. Bulls***. Be Gone.

Lol, who cares?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Severe betrayal is in the eye of the beholder in my opinion. You don't neccesarilly have to brush it off, but if you let it make you unhappy whose winning in the situation? Almost everyone has experienced emotionally intense betrayal in my opinion in one way or another, it is how you choose to handle it that is important in my opinion.

All suffering, in my opinion, is equal above the lack basic neccesities of food, water, shelter, and of course physical pain. It's just how emotionally intense you choose to allow it to be. People kill themselves for a variety of different reasons: Money, relationships, lack of self worth, etc. Are any one of these problems any more or less intense to the person experiencing it?

Logic does override emotion if you choose to listen to it. Is it irrational to be unhappy because of what someone else did?

The brain works by sending impulses that activate certain parts of the brain in response to certain stimuli, but studies have shown that you have the ability to change the pattern in which this happens.

Depression, wrath, and any other emotional mind-state, in my opinion, can be overcome by changing the brain pattern. The problem is that the brain pattern is stubborn and does not change easily. You have to work at it like anything else, and the source from which that desire to change comes from I have not located yet. But at the end of the day, YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE IT IF YOU SO CHOOSE.

Lol, who cares?

Well said.

Premium Member

You liked me until I questioned you. I don't mind, enjoying wallowing in self created deservation of death. We'll be here if you desire, y'know, change in accordance with will.

desideraht

Hellspawn
if you let it make you unhappy
What is your suggestion? How does someone -not- let something bother them, if it truly bothers them? How do they change how they fundamentally feel about something? Serious questions.

It's just how emotionally intense you choose to allow it to be.
Again, how do people control this?

Logic does override emotion if you choose to listen to it.
Who says I'm not listening?

Is it irrational to be unhappy because of what someone else did?
The true answer to this question is no. Emotions have their place. I think the issue is the fact that it's been over 2 months and I'm still injured over it. I think the "irrational" part is the duration.

How is this done?

Lol, who cares?
Way to bash someone who is clearly struggling.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I can not watch a made for tv movie with out crying but I have very good control of my emotions. I do not give into anger or despair I fight agaisnt them. I do not make decsions with my emotions I use logic though I do listen to my gut.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
What is your suggestion? How does someone -not- let something bother them, if it truly bothers them? How do they change how they fundamentally feel about something? Serious questions.
Observe your emotions arise, experience them, and observe the emotion passing away.

Self-examination.

Listen to and observe your emotions so you can learn from them, and watch them pass away without clinging to them.

Premium Member

The true answer to this question is no. Emotions have their place. I think the issue is the fact that it's been over 2 months and I'm still injured over it. I think the "irrational" part is the duration.

How is this done?

You don't understand what bashing is. We are here to help people help themselves, it's not the coddling DIR. Two months isn't long at all to be sad over something truly detrimental. I feel like the problem is you're expecting quick results in reconditioning your own mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Wrath and anger are just parts of life. They're neither bad or good, they just are. How you use them or where they're directed can be good or bad. I'm angry about many things in this world.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Wrath and anger are just parts of life. They're bad or good, they just are. How you use them or where they're directed can be good or bad. I'm angry about many things in this world.

Wrath and anger are so different. Anger is just a base emotion, very common. Wrath is a mishandling of anger.

nash8

Meditation honestly.
Meditation appears to produce enduring changes in emotional processing in the brain

This study shows that a 8 week meditation practice literally changed brain function in how people proccess emotional stimuli.

Understanding LOVE

This study shows that loving all people literally makes you neurochemically happy.

Sceintifically speaking, the frontal lobes process most of what makes you "happy". When you become emotionally upset, in my opinion, it is because your brain is wired to proccess stimulus through the rear brain, which is the emotional based part of the brain.

It's hard to coincide meditational practices with brain function, but it is one of my quests in life. As far as treatment for anger towards someone else, I would reccomend the following meditation schedule.

1. Silvaultramind 3-2-1 method to relax brain function into alpha brain state.

2. Solar plexus chakra meditation - seretonin, and important neurochemical in one being "happy" is actually created in the gut which coordinates to the solar plexus chakra in many spiritual disciplines.

3. Heart chakra meditation - Loving people makes you happy as demonstrated by the link I provided earlier.

4. Third eye chakra meditation - This meditation also activates frontal lobe activity from my experience, and lets you see more logically.

Once you feel comfortable doing all these by themselves, try doing them in one sitting.

Set up a catch for yourself. Associate the negative thoughts you have regarding someone with a phrase (the mantra you said you liked earlier would probably be a good one). When your thinking angry thoughts about the particular person, and the phrase pops into your head, conciously realize what you are doing.

Like I said before the brain works by associating things so when you have one thought it triggers another part of the brain. If you can associate the persons name who you feel angry towards with a positive phrase when you think of that persons name, then you essentially "get yourself out of the negative loop".

Only you can answer that.

I agree, emotions definitely have their place, but it's definitely not to keep unhappy. Sceintifically speaking, when your emotionally angry you brave wave functions is incoherent so you don't think clearly. So emotional anger is the definition of illogical.

Your stuck in a negative emotional loop in my opinion. One negative thought triggers another negative thought, and that negative thought triggers the first negative thought, and it just keeps going in a loop.

Not bashing, just telling you the way it is homie. You can either choose to rely on others for your own happiness, or you can learn to rely on yourself. If you look at the viewzone article it shows this.

Most people rely on another persons "love" to increase the presence of neurochemicals in their brain that make them "happy". The Tibetan monks relied soley on their love for other people to provide this neurochemical happiness. You just have to form the brain patterns where these neurochemicals are released with things you view as positive.

Observe your emotions arise, experience them, and observe the emotion passing away.

Self-examination.

Listen to and observe your emotions so you can learn from them, and watch them pass away without clinging to them.

^^^^^^^
This, this, and more this. When you have a negative thought, take a second and ask yourself why you are having this thought. This will lead to another thought, do the same thing, and continue doing so until you come to a thought that you are satisfied with.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Wrath! One of the more passionate Sins... Are you Wrathful? Do you take pleasure from it?

I get a rise out of Wrath, and often. Wrath is what drew me to Satanism, and ultimately led me to discovering the Left-Hand Path. It is with Wrath that I sought ritual, as a way to channel this harsh and powerful Spiritual energy. How do you see it?

Anger is a pretty stupid emotion, I think. It does, ultimately, exist to preserve our survival, although I feel in most instances it hinders our overall happiness. It exists beyond our control, however. I often use Wrath against those who I consider to be weak. It also rises within me uncontrollably when someone has harmed me, particularly when they have harmed my heart.

What is Wrath/anger to you? And how does it related to your Path?

I don't necessarily feel wrath, I feel like those emotions are a display of lack of control of self, and play little to no role in spiritual and intellectual development.

It takes a lot to irk me, and even then, I'm capable of smiling and just walking away 9 out of 10 times. In the rare exception I will unleash my legions upon whoever is trying to take a dig at me, and even then I don't do so in a wrathful or spiteful manner, its more competitive or challenging than anything else.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Anger is a double edged sword. I grew up in a family where it wasn't acceptable to show anger and it means I'm often incapable of standing up for myself even in situations where I should. I've literally had to learn to be angry. Being angry when you're hurt or mistreated is good. It clears the air. It pushes you into action. The negative emotion goes outwards instead of turning inwards and hurting you even more. There's a vast difference between allowing yourself to admit you're deeply unhappy with something and simply stampeding over others in a senseless rage.

nash8

Anger is a double edged sword. I grew up in a family where it wasn't acceptable to show anger and it means I'm often incapable of standing up for myself even in situations where I should. I've literally had to learn to be angry. Being angry when you're hurt or mistreated is good. It clears the air. It pushes you into action. The negative emotion goes outwards instead of turning inwards and hurting you even more.

I'm glad someone feels my pain on this one.

There's a vast difference between allowing yourself to admit you're deeply unhappy with something and simply stampeding over others in a senseless rage.

Well said, and learning how to release your anger, and doing so in a controlled, graceful manner, both at the same time, sucks lol.

desideraht

Hellspawn
I will help you if you want.
I am interested in hearing about your methods. x)

Self-examination.

I do exercise self-examination, but often find my control slipping out of My fingers. Although, I am being medicated. My doctors agree that this isn't really something I can combat on My own. Although I will state that I am seeing an end in sight. I won't drop My meds, because that would be irresponsible, but I am seeing what I need to do more clearly. A lot of my anger has come from not having a sense of Purpose, mostly because the military bans people like Me from Serving. However, if I really want it, I won't let that stand in My way.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I am interested in hearing about your methods. x)

I do exercise self-examination, but often find my control slipping out of My fingers. Although, I am being medicated. My doctors agree that this isn't really something I can combat on My own. Although I will state that I am seeing an end in sight. I won't drop My meds, because that would be irresponsible, but I am seeing what I need to do more clearly. A lot of my anger has come from not having a sense of Purpose, mostly because the military bans people like Me from Serving. However, if I really want it, I won't let that stand in My way.

Why do you need military service to provide a purpose?

Premium Member
Have the doctors messed with your meds? Anti-psych meds are sketch, and if they're the wrong one's it's more dangerous. They also kind of have a zombie like affect, that's going to make almost everything harder good do. I tried tons of medication and eventually I took myself off, it was really bad for me.

And what "kind of person" are you who's banned from the military?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Anger isn't useful, survival instincts are. Emotions can mess with your survival instincts by making you lose concentration on what is really going on, by making you put more concentration on the feeling rather than what is conflicting you. I have no idea who came up with the idea that anger strengthens these survival instincts, it actually distorts them, in the same way fear would, overwhelming joy would, etc.