• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wrath!!

Orias

Left Hand Path
I do exercise self-examination, but often find my control slipping out of My fingers. Although, I am being medicated. My doctors agree that this isn't really something I can combat on My own. Although I will state that I am seeing an end in sight. I won't drop My meds, because that would be irresponsible, but I am seeing what I need to do more clearly. A lot of my anger has come from not having a sense of Purpose, mostly because the military bans people like Me from Serving. However, if I really want it, I won't let that stand in My way.

Excuses are easy to conjure.

You don't have a sense of purpose? Then make one, do martial arts. Go skateboarding, bake a cake. Hell, saying you don't have a sense of purpose is folly, your giving purpose to your lack of sensing. Your medicated, self medicated?

Take the next step in your life, the harder you make it on yourself the harsher things appear to be.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Excuses are easy to conjure.

You don't have a sense of purpose? Then make one, do martial arts. Go skateboarding, bake a cake. Hell, saying you don't have a sense of purpose is folly, your giving purpose to your lack of sensing. Your medicated, self medicated?

Take the next step in your life, the harder you make it on yourself the harsher things appear to be.

You know full well most of our species will not do this. It's a hard path to follow, even if worth the reward. Just because someone dabbles does not meam they can go all the way.

Orias

Left Hand Path
You know full well most of our species will not do this. It's a hard path to follow, even if worth the reward. Just because someone dabbles does not meam they can go all the way.

Sure I agree, but I wouldn't say its as hard as it is subjective. Because its in fact very easy, it all depends on how deep of a hole you are in and how subjective your proverbial shovel is.

If you've dug yourself so deep you mind as well dig yourself the rest of the way out.

Premium Member
Sure I agree, but I wouldn't say its as hard as it is subjective. Because its in fact very easy, it all depends on how deep of a hole you are in and how subjective your proverbial shovel is.

If you've dug yourself so deep you mind as well dig yourself the rest of the way out.

Agreed. A problem is that it takes time, commitment, and self responsibility. Hence why so few of us realize how doable it really is. I definitely do not think the OP has taken that step, otherwise this thread would not exist.

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
Agreed. A problem is that it takes time, commitment, and self responsibility. Hence why so few of us realize how doable it really is. I definitely do not think the OP has taken that step, otherwise this thread would not exist.

What is the source of that in your opinion? commitment and self responsibility, why does someone become comitted and self responsible all of a sudden? What is a common trigger in this?

Premium Member
What is the source of that in your opinion? commitment and self responsibility, why does someone become comitted and self responsible all of a sudden? What is a common trigger in this?

All of a sudden? Haha, no. Indefinite practice.

ScottySatan

Emotion. Passion. Reward for doing it right the first time. But I agree with Doors it doesn't happen suddenly. I don't see life changing decisions being made without being beaten within an inch of your life.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member

Knowing that one is going no where in their life, for what ever reason; drugs, alchoholism, lazyness, depression, etc. And they are embodied and re-inspired in their mind with a LHP school way of self-evolution which they have dedicated themselves to, can and will trigger or re-trigger the sense of evolving self-hood. :cool:

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

nash8

All of a sudden? Haha, no. Indefinite practice.

Not the actual, all of a sudden that your a different person, but the all of a sudden ability to be committed to indefinite practice where none existed prior.

Emotion. Passion. Reward for doing it right the first time. But I agree with Doors it doesn't happen suddenly. I don't see life changing decisions being made without being beaten within an inch of your life.

Interesting, hitting rock bottom so to speak, is the only common thread I see with this type of motivation without being taught how to be disciplined from a young age, but there's gotta be a different motivating factor than rock bottom right? I am intelligent enough to realize that I don't wan't to hit rock bottom, to realize that I should seek to change my life, but I also realize my life is good.

Knowing that one is going no where in their life, for what ever reason; drugs, alchoholism, lazyness, depression, etc. And they are embodied and re-inspired in their mind with a LHP school way of self-evolution which they have dedicated themselves to, can and will trigger or re-trigger the sense of evolving self-hood. :cool:

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Hmm, interesting. I am going somewhere, it's just not happening as quick as I wan't it too lol. I have overcome drugs, alchohol, and depression, but that damn lazyness get's me everytime lol. It's deeply engrained into my psyche. What are some techniques ya'll use to get rid of lazyness?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Hmm, interesting. I am going somewhere, it's just not happening as quick as I wan't it too lol. I have overcome drugs, alchohol, and depression, but that damn lazyness get's me everytime lol. It's deeply engrained into my psyche. What are some techniques ya'll use to get rid of lazyness?

Well, if you've overcome drugs, alchoholism, and depression, then good for you. :D Keep up the good work. Lazyness can be overcome by always setting goals for yourself, "for without purpose the force of mind must fail."

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Orias

Left Hand Path

And I only agree because he admitted how much folly anger and wrath can lead to. However I think he did take the first step, but it struggling to take the next, I mean...he's here right? Participating in this forum? We mind as well give him benefit of doubt...if he is serious of course.

Premium Member
And I only agree because he admitted how much folly anger and wrath can lead to. However I think he did take the first step, but it struggling to take the next, I mean...he's here right? Participating in this forum? We mind as well give him benefit of doubt...if he is serious of course.

It's a good point.

nash8

Well, if you've overcome drugs, alchoholism, and depression, then good for you. :D Keep up the good work. Lazyness can be overcome by always setting goals for yourself, "for without purpose the force of mind must fail."

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

I appreciate that. I just find it highly ironic how I have the sheer strength of will to overcome so much adversity in my life, but I can't find the strenth of will to clean my damn room lol.

But I think you may have hit the nail on the head with that quote. I haven't decided that the things that I wan't to do in my life are important enough to excersise my force of mind towards them. Thank you for that perspective Adramelek. :D

Premium Member
I appreciate that. I just find it highly ironic how I have the sheer strength of will to overcome so much adversity in my life, but I can't find the strenth of will to clean my damn room lol.

Right? It's ridiculous.

Premium Member
We seemed to have chased the OP away. Should we be nicer and more nurturing?

nash8

Right? It's ridiculous.
It is absolutely ridiculous.

But I think it is because we view the act of overcoming adversity as "important", but menial tasks as unimportant, even though they most assuredly are.

We seemed to have chased the OP away. Should we be nicer and more nurturing?

I think we were as nice and nurturing as we could have been without lying lol.

I'm used to people running away from me. Natural selection...:D

After reading some peoples recent posts on other threads, I have come to believe that natural selection is a scam. If it worked, these people would not still be kickin' in my opinion. :D