• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you welcome a post on proving systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
You see, this site (as well as a majority of beliefs) has vested interest in uncertainty, in inconclusiveness.

Not really. This is the forum's mission:

As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.

There's nothing in there about having a vested interest in uncertain or inconclusiveness, nor is there such language in the rules that are intended to support this environment. We have plenty of members here who are certain (beyond a reasonable doubt, at least) of their beliefs and practices. Hell, I'm one of them.

Could be done via private message, multiple people can be invited...

Just as a heads up, while the staff don't police private messages, PMs can be reported like any other piece of content. I'm not saying this to discourage you all - if there's mutual interest we have no problem with conversations that are had outside of open forums. We have unfortunately had several cases of "members" attempting to bypass moderation (especially proselytizing) by using PMs. Make sure you aren't that guy and it'll be cool. :D

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
But I do, and you should be able to reason that. A topic of this nature must first have interest from the members- and then it must be put to the mods.

You've been around long enough to know we're generally an interested bunch when it comes to questions of philosophy/religion/spirituality/etc. Your thread here to talk about talking about it has already generated replies from 8 members. I believe you started a thread about your afterlife ideas a while ago, before you announced you were leaving because everyone didn't agree with you. As I recall it had a decent number of replies as well. I don't know why anything has to "go to the mods," unless your intent is to preach unchallenged - in which case you're in the wrong forum.

Again, we don't need to talk about talking about it. Just make your case.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
You've been around long enough to know we're generally an interested bunch when it comes to questions of philosophy/religion/spirituality/etc. Your thread here to talk about talking about it has already generated replies from 8 members. I believe you started a thread about your afterlife ideas a while ago, before you announced you were leaving because everyone didn't agree with you. As I recall it had a decent number of replies as well. I don't know why anything has to "go to the mods," unless your intent is to preach unchallenged - in which case you're in the wrong forum..

Yup, pretty much this.

That said, if members have concerns about a post they are composing being on the wrong side of the rules, post up a draft in Site Feedback. We can take a look at it and let the member know if anything looks troublesome (and how to correct it). It also matters a bit where something is posted. Sometimes a post might break the rules if put up in one area, but be okay in another.

Skwim

Veteran Member
A topic of this nature must first have interest from the members- and then it must be put to the mods.

wow word.png
This is really going to be really interesting.
tenor.gif

I can hardly wait. It will probably be the most interesting topic RF has ever hosted.
tenor.gif

Then again . . . . . . .
Bored-Audience-e1499865963335.jpg
. . . is just as likely.

So whatcha got Kelsey? ...... Stop the tap dancing and spit it out. He said in a perfectly reasoned tone of voice.

Last edited:

dingdao

The eternal Tao cannot be told - Tao Te Ching
May I suggest posting in the New Age Dir.
You are much less likely to get hostile reactions.

Please break your posts up into easily readable sections.

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!
May I suggest posting in the New Age Dir.
You are much less likely to get hostile reactions.

Please break your posts up into easily readable sections.
That's not a bad idea, but even though use of the information I hope to share is arguably specific to a NRM it is born of philosophical inquiries dating back half a century or more. And putting it in a DIR area inaccessible to most members seems counterproductive.

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!
View attachment 29538 This is really going to be really interesting.
tenor.gif

I can hardly wait. It will probably be the most interesting topic RF has ever hosted.
tenor.gif

Then again . . . . . . .
Bored-Audience-e1499865963335.jpg
. . . is just as likely.

So whatcha got Kelsey? ...... Stop the tap dancing and spit it out. He said in a perfectly reasoned tone of voice.

What? No talk of sex, nudity, and pee-pees from you?

KelseyR

The eternal optimist!
Not really. This is the forum's mission:

As a community of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds, our aim is to provide a civil environment, informative, respectful and welcoming where people of diverse beliefs can discuss, compare and debate religion while engaging in fellowship with one another.

There's nothing in there about having a vested interest in uncertain or inconclusiveness, nor is there such language in the rules that are intended to support this environment. We have plenty of members here who are certain (beyond a reasonable doubt, at least) of their beliefs and practices. Hell, I'm one of them.

Just as a heads up, while the staff don't police private messages, PMs can be reported like any other piece of content. I'm not saying this to discourage you all - if there's mutual interest we have no problem with conversations that are had outside of open forums. We have unfortunately had several cases of "members" attempting to bypass moderation (especially proselytizing) by using PMs. Make sure you aren't that guy and it'll be cool. :D
You're very worried, and rightly so. I'm disappointed that you cannot see the site's vested interest in preventing movement toward a solitary, most reasonable belief through information sharing. Still, I will abide by your decision and heed your warning. I will find another venue where mankind can be truly served and not held back from that which they deserve.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
You're very worried, and rightly so.

I am? News to me. Is it possible you're projecting a bit here? I mean, I'm not the one making a thread about the ramifications of making a thread. :sweat:

I'm disappointed that you cannot see the site's vested interest in preventing movement toward a solitary, most reasonable belief through information sharing.

I'm sorry you're disappointed by something that is not the case, but that's kind of on you unfortunately so I can't help you with that.

Still, I will abide by your decision and heed your warning. I will find another venue where mankind can be truly served and not held back from that which they deserve.

What decision? Giving a heads up about the forum mission and site rules isn't a decision it's a "hey, this is what RF is about, and feel free to check in with the staff team if you're concerned a post might break the rules." Moderation decisions around here are done by consensus, not individuals, and you haven't posted anything for consideration. :shrug:

Skwim

Veteran Member
What? No talk of sex, nudity, and pee-pees from you?
I see you grew tired of tap dancing with your thread topic and have abandoned it. So did we. :D So onward to more important issues such as your acute interest in sex, nudity and, pee pees. Hate to disappoint you Kelsey, but, if you need a fix of sex, nudity and, pee pees ya gotta go elsewhere. I don't pander to the needy. I only try to satisfy the curious.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
You are clearly in disservice to mankind. Apply reason and man up to it. Forbidding the sharing of important knowledge is a disgraceful act.. You owe me and every member a deepest apology which we will never receive. Why? Because you prefer ignorance and enforced ignorance. And I don't like your dancing, dodging, deceitful replies, either. Show a little respect for yourself and others.
WTH???

Can you just tell us about this latest, greatest, next big thing that is going to be last big thing we'll ever need? Give us some places to look. Something. If it has been in the works for 50 years, surely there are publications available to review.

In my other identity, I can't wait to tell people about the work I have done. I never went through this big build up only to not deliver. If it is as important as you claim, there has to be some way to disseminate the information. Post it and then let everyone ask questions. Something. Unless.

This is some sort of

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You are clearly in disservice to mankind. Apply reason and man up to it. Forbidding the sharing of important knowledge is a disgraceful act.. You owe me and every member a deepest apology which we will never receive. Why? Because you prefer ignorance and enforced ignorance. And I don't like your dancing, dodging, deceitful replies, either. Show a little respect for yourself and others.
@Quintessence owe me no apology. So i do not think everyone in this forum would need some form of apology from Quintessence. But maybe from someone else?

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I see you grew tired of tap dancing with your thread topic and have abandoned it. So did we. :D So onward to more important issues such as your acute interest in sex, nudity and, pee pees. Hate to disappoint you Kelsey, but, if you need a fix of sex, nudity and, pee pees ya gotta go elsewhere. I don't pander to the needy. I only try to satisfy the curious.

I keep waiting for the punchline. Like all this build up is the introduction to some really jazzy new cult and Guru T-Ddogg with two d's for a double dose of his guru juice.

Meanwhile, I am going to listen to Sweet and Golden Earring.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I keep waiting for the punchline. Like all this build up is the introduction to some really jazzy new cult and Guru T-Ddogg with two d's for a double dose of his guru juice.
Up to no good, that's for sure. Can't ever remember anyone getting their mic turned off before they even got on stage.

Meanwhile, I am going to listen to Sweet and Golden Earring.
It's the Soggy Bottom Boys for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.