• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Vehicle You ever Had

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
1) A Peugeot 504 Diesel, can't remember the year cause I blocked it from my memory
2) Toyota Celica from a 'questionable' dealer ... bought it Friday, engine clunked out on Monday, quickest 1000 bucks I ever spent.

Draka

Wonder Woman
'83 Dodge Aries station wagon. Body and interior were fantastic. First sign there was something wrong. No K car that old looks that good and runs well. Broke down constantly. I swear I had grease and oil from fingertip to elbow on a daily basis to keep that thing running.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
International pick-up truck. It had a column shift manual transmission. Somehow it would lock up so I couldn't even coast when I stopped, so I regularly had to crawl underneath to free up the mechanism. It also had torsion front suspension which was worn out at 50K miles.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I regularly had to crawl underneath to free up the mechanism.

All the time? Now that would be slow going through a city. Did it at least have emergency blinkers? My uncle had an International pick-up. I think it was a stick shift. Most people on here except for the old guys and gals wouldn't even know what a column shifter was.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
All the time? Now that would be slow going through a city. Did it at least have emergency blinkers? My uncle had an International pick-up. I think it was a stick shift. Most people on here except for the old guys and gals wouldn't even know what a column shifter was.
As I recall, it would freeze up about once a day on average.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
As I recall, it would freeze up about once a day on average.

My VW bus, in cold Canuckistan would stiffen at the accelerator from the cold, and the spring wasn't strong enough to pull it back, so idle was 40 mph. I had to turn the engine off, nurse it home, and use the two feet until spring.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
A 87 Dodge Diplomat; my first car. Here is a photo of it after I collided with a van that disregarded a stop sign.

mem02_zpsd765d614.jpg

Alceste

Vagabond
Ford Taurus. When it got cold in Calgary the ditches were full of them. Mine included. Used to just power down completely at random times on the highway. Also the signal lights would crap out for as long as it took to get to the shop, at which point they'd start working just fine. It's probably still sitting in a ditch in Saskatchewan, right where I left it after I ran out of money for towing and repairs on a road trip home from Toronto.

72 Fiat Spyder- loved the look but hated the reality of owning one, before the junkyard took her it was beaten and smashed with a sledge hammer by me

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I haven't really had any decent cars. My first vehicle was an '85 Ford F-150, that spent more time being worked on than on the road. We rebuilt the carburetor several times, but it never worked right. I had a slow oil leak that we could never find, and would often times leak onto one of the spark plugs, so we had to keep changing it. No matter if I had a new battery or not, the corrosion on the terminals was horrible. It was the worst vehicle ever. I had an '84 Oldsmobile Delta 88 that started only when it felt like it. I had a Cutlass (forget the year) that had all kinds of issues. The last two vehicles I've had are the only decent one's I've ever had.

freethinker44

'85 Chevy S-10.

It was ridiculously loud, wouldn't go above 55 mph, and the headlights were held in by bungee cord so at night I had to stop every 5 minutes to straighten out the bulb so it pointed at the road. It finally quit when the rear axle locked up while I was driving at full speed (55 mph), which is kind of scary if you aren't expecting it BTW.