• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst star trek episode ever. Star trek enterprise series, Rogue planet

David T

Premium Member
Ok I went back to catch a series of star trek I never really watched star trek: enterprise. I started to watch till I came to Rogue planet episode. I could hardly stand it and stopped watching the series.

I thought how odd, I am a big fan of science fiction. I can watch all day long some English dude fly around through time in what appears to be an English phone booth, that is huge inside and have no problem.

Rogue planet was too much I couldn't stand it. The premise was a planet was kicked out into deep space it had no sun. They landed on this permanently dark planet, that had jungle foliage, with an atmosphere and conditions closer to the equator than to the arctic. It was like the writers thought "hey isn't science fiction just fiction"? Like they never had written science fiction before. Anyway my little rant about bad science fiction.
tumblr_o2h8kqu6qw1tmlk8yo3_400.jpg

Phantasman

Ok I went back to catch a series of star trek I never really watched star trek: enterprise. I started to watch till I came to Rogue planet episode. I could hardly stand it and stopped watching the series.

I thought how odd, I am a big fan of science fiction. I can watch all day long some English dude fly around through time in what appears to be an English phone booth, that is huge inside and have no problem.

Rogue planet was too much I couldn't stand it. The premise was a planet was kicked out into deep space it had no sun. They landed on this permanently dark planet, that had jungle foliage, with an atmosphere and conditions closer to the equator than to the arctic. It was like the writers thought "hey isn't science fiction just fiction"? Like they never had written science fiction before. Anyway my little rant about bad science fiction.
View attachment 20992
It's called milking a dead cow. Little left for Star Trek that hasn't been done before. I remember when The Man from Uncle started doing the same silliness. Like the good writers left, and they replaced them with Pee Wee Herman and Carrot Top.

The most famous silliness was the series Lost in Space. Started out good, then joined the Banana Bunch crowd.

Even Stephen King got burned out and took a hiatus. Then came back with Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It wasn't my favorite episode. Overall, I think Star Trek was quite good, but I'll admit that some episodes were clinkers.

A lot of fans seem to dislike "The Way to Eden."

"Spock's Brain" is another one that seems pretty universally disliked, although I never thought it was so bad.

TNG had some good episodes, but also some clinkers. Same for DS9. With Voyager, I think they had a lot more clinkers, but there were a few decent episodes as well. Enterprise probably had some potential, but it also had a share of weak episodes. I think "A Night in Sick Bay" was one a lot of fans (including myself) didn't like too much.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I'm going to retract my earlier statement and say that while I recognize it's quality, I'm not a huge fan of Star Trek. I'll have to agree with @Phantasman here, it seems like they've already done essentially everything that they can do.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

View attachment 20992
It was when they started talking about engrams as if they were a thing and predicting evolutionary pathways as though evolution is a unidirectional ladder on Voyager that I stopped following the franchise.

I appreciate "reverse the polarity" mcguffiny science to drive a plot forward as much as the next sci-fi nerd, but inherently WRONG science (unless it's an actual plot point itself) destroys my suspension of disbelief. It just seems like lazy writing.

Last edited:

Rough Beast Sloucher

It's My Birthday!
In a local store they carry $1 DVDs with all sorts of things on them. . They often have episodes from really old time TV programs - e.g., Burns and Allen, Rocky Jones Space Ranger - and other things I remember fondly from my youth. A DVD might have four episodes of a half hour show. Invariably they will be the worst four episodes in the entire series. :eek: Why?

David T

Premium Member
It's called milking a dead cow. Little left for Star Trek that hasn't been done before. I remember when The Man from Uncle started doing the same silliness. Like the good writers left, and they replaced them with Pee Wee Herman and Carrot Top.

The most famous silliness was the series Lost in Space. Started out good, then joined the Banana Bunch crowd.

Even Stephen King got burned out and took a hiatus. Then came back with Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.
It's like dylan doing lip sync with Britney spears. Ha!!

David T

Premium Member
You can't insult Star Trek. Perma-banned.
I wasn't insulting star trek as a diehard science fiction the writers are the insult to The genre in some odd way I find theologians and debates and discussion about the bible just as bad!!!

David T

Premium Member
It wasn't my favorite episode. Overall, I think Star Trek was quite good, but I'll admit that some episodes were clinkers.

A lot of fans seem to dislike "The Way to Eden."

"Spock's Brain" is another one that seems pretty universally disliked, although I never thought it was so bad.

TNG had some good episodes, but also some clinkers. Same for DS9. With Voyager, I think they had a lot more clinkers, but there were a few decent episodes as well. Enterprise probably had some potential, but it also had a share of weak episodes. I think "A Night in Sick Bay" was one a lot of fans (including myself) didn't like too much.
Oh now you have piqued my interest.

David T

Premium Member
In a local store they carry $1 DVDs with all sorts of things on them. . They often have episodes from really old time TV programs - e.g., Burns and Allen, Rocky Jones Space Ranger - and other things I remember fondly from my youth. A DVD might have four episodes of a half hour show. Invariably they will be the worst four episodes in the entire series. :eek: Why?
Oh gawd how true!!!! And a deep mystery why!

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I wasn't insulting star trek as a diehard science fiction the writers are the insult to The genre in some odd way I find theologians and debates and discussion about the bible just as bad!!!
Ok, that checks out. *glares menacingly* Just don't do it again......

David T

Premium Member
The series he insulted isn't real Star Trek.
It was the worst of the series.
Similarly to figure skating scoring, we toss out the lowest.
Yes it felt that way watching it. I can see why it had the shortest run of the variety of series. Finally a serious discussion on this site.

David T

Premium Member
It was when they started talking about engrams as if they were a thing and predicting evolutionary pathways as though evolution is a unidirectional ladder on Voyager that I stopped following the franchise.

I appreciate "reverse the polarity" mcguffiny science to drive a plot forward as much as the next sci-fi nerd, but inherently WRONG science (unless it's an actual plot point itself) destroys my suspension of disbelief. It just seems like lazy writing.
That I think is exactly what happened. I can easily accept speculative it can be 99.9999999999999% impossible and science fiction demands that you do set your fixed ideas aside for a bit. But when.It's simple basic science being violated, not even science it goes to far..

Ironically, that is exactly what many in religion do, in context to the bible.It's like alternative reality overlaying the reality of the text for me. But man, discussion of that is impossible here in this medium.

David T

Premium Member
If this medium is not suitable, then how about another? Commence Vulcan mind-meld!
Ha... I always like posts that make me LOL literally rather than metaphorically! I appreciate sharp sarcastic humour. It's hard to actually make a funny nerd joke.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You can't insult Star Trek. Perma-banned.
I can give him a pass on the Enterprise series. Watching everybody running around in their underwear just about every episode and a Botox lipped Vulcan, it's pretty much a deal-breaker for me.