• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

world oil reserves gone in 19 years

Should we act now before its too late

• yes

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

jonathan180iq

On this I totally agree. Though I still think that nuclear is far safer than coal or oil. The opposition to it is based mainly upon fear and ignorance.
Absolutely.
Atomic energy should be our workhorse, while the renewables that we're currently proficient at harnessing would continue to expand and improve, hopefully to the point that they provide the majority of the world's energy needs.

It would also help to foster and create a more technologically proficient work force, with new jobs and infrastructure that don't solely rely on the use or rehabilitation of waning industries.

james dixon

Premium Member
Atomic energy should be our workhorse

I agree, atomic energy is the world’s everlasting energy future and to get that energy you need centrifuges to get the enriched uranium to power the atomic electric generators.

Few countries have the needed resources to produce this fuel.

Having said that, North Korea has both, the world community needs to buy this enriched uranium from N. Korea. This would give N. Korea the needed cash to feed it’s people while giving us a sustainable energy source.

Anybody think this is a good idea or a bad one?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I agree, atomic energy is the world’s everlasting energy future and to get that energy you need centrifuges to get the enriched uranium to power the atomic electric generators.

Few countries have the needed resources to produce this fuel.

Having said that, North Korea has both, the world community needs to buy this enriched uranium from N. Korea. This would give N. Korea the needed cash to feed it’s people while giving us a sustainable energy source.

Anybody think this is a good idea or a bad one?
You've got to be kidding. You know what Kimmy routinely does to his people?
Feeding his own people is the last thing on his mind. " Feeding" them on the side of the road with bullets is more his style.

He's more interested in being praised as a god who doesn't defecate.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes I do. I am trying to find a constructive way to get our hands on more enriched uranium for the worlds energy needs while avoiding a needless war.
I'm more privy with a long term expansionist policy backed by nuclear capability and the boldness that comes with it.

james dixon

Premium Member
PEAK OIL

Oil production forecasts on which predictions of peak oil are based are sometimes made within a range which includes optimistic (higher production) and pessimistic (lower production) scenarios. A 2013 study concluded that peak oil “appears probable before 2030,” and that there was a “significant risk” that it would occur before 2020,[4] and assumed that major investments in alternatives will occur before a crisis, without requiring major changes in the lifestyle of heavily oil-consuming nations. Pessimistic predictions of future oil production made after 2007 state either that the peak has already occurred,[5][6][7][8] that oil production is on the cusp of the peak, or that it will occur soon.[9][10]

Peak oil - Wikipedia

Oil production

World oil production rose by only 0.6 million b/d in 2017, below average for the second consecutive year

Production fell in the Middle East (-250,000 b/d) and South & Central America (-240,000 Kb/d) but this was outweighed by growth from North America (820,000 b/d) and Africa (390,000 b/d).

Oil production | Oil | Statistical Review of World Energy | Energy economics | BP

Folks, I am not a dooms day person that has lost all hope and just want you to fear the future too. I am an optimist just like others here but I am not relying on God to save us. If He wanted to save us He would not have allowed wars or the invention of the gun or hydrogen bomb. Instead He gave us the right to choose our own future and I am confident mankind will make the right choices when the time comes.

The world is, as I see it, unfolding as it should

My advice is to sit back, do the right thing when called upon to do so, smile and enjoy life while you can.

All things come to an end

james dixon

Premium Member
ENERGY REPORT
total reserves gives us 52 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate
total reserves gives us 45 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate
total reserves gives us 23 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.
total reserves gives us 10 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate. **what-next**

WHAT NEXT--to learn how to survive in comfort without oil.

Ok.,,,., we have about 40 years until is all pumped out of the ground & that is a long time to make that transition. We have the time so no need to panic today; Yet!!.

The end of the Fossil Fuel era is upon us so what are we going to do next-?

Energy information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the US government
U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) - Analysis & Projections

The above report indicates that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy source through 2030-2020= 10 YEARS ************

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).
Oil reserves - Wikipedia

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2174rank.html

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.

Update:

Known oil reserves

Annual consumption of oil
1,651,000,000,000 / 31,536,000,000 = 52.3528665652 years.
= 52.3528665652 years.

That was eleven (11)years ago, we are not changing your habits and this spells doom for us all.

I first started looking into this in 2007)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The human race needs to learn how to survive in comfort without oil.

Ok.,,,., we have about 40 years until is all pumped out of the ground & that is a long time to make that transition. We have the time so no need to panic today; Yet!!.

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.

Update:

Known oil reserves
Annual consumption of oil
1,651,000,000,000 / 31,536,000,000 = 52.3528665652 years.
= 52.3528665652 years.

That was eleven (11)years ago, we are not changing your habits and this spells doom for us all.
North Sea is running too dry to meet target
Wednesday July 4, 2007
The real casus belli: peak oil
Tuesday June 26, 2007
Science Panel Finds Fault With Estimates of Coal Supply
Published: June 21, 2007
Chevron announces that they now have 11.8 years of oil left at current production levels after aquiring Unocal reserves
07/08/05
An Oil Enigma: Production Falls Even as Reserves Rise
Published: June 12, 2004
"The decline of oil and gas will affect the world population more than climate change"
In January 2001, the U.S.
Department of Energy estimated the world's supply of unexploited oil reserves the world supply of oil will be totally exhausted 35 years from now (June 2003).
World oil and gas 'running out'

Thursday, October 2, 2003 Posted: 1245 GMT ( 8:45 PM HKT)
The Oil Crunch
Published: May 7, 2004
The question, instead, is when the trend in oil prices will turn decisively upward. That upward turn is inevitable as a growing world economy confronts a resource in limited supply. But when will it happen?
Maybe it already has.
Natural gas markets undergo turbulent transition as domestic production declines

Tuesday, December 16, 2003

"Texas' oil resource is pretty well picked over,"

Oman's Oil Yield Long in Decline, Shell Data Show
Published: April 8, 2004

Half of Texas’s oil wells have dried up in the past 40 years and there are very few new ones.

Tight Oil Supply Won't Ease Soon
Published: May 16, 2004
Two dollars for a gallon of gas? Get used to it. High fuel prices are here to stay, at least for the near future, because no relief is in sight for tight oil supplies.

Just curious?

Does anyone have a clue?, I know I don’t

Besides, at 70 I’ll be dead by then so why should I care?

Then again, I have children too

That’s worth carrying for.

Don’t you agree?

:)-

james dixon

Premium Member
There may be another way to extract more out of the fields that have been already found.

Today we mix Isopropyl alcohol and gasoline

Isopropyl alcohol is currently being added to the gasoline we use today. Isopropyl alcohol is produced from organic metabolic action.
animals exhale carbon monoxide
plants exhale oxygen
microorganisms exhale alcohol

Isopropyl alcohol mixes with oil (fossil fuels)
Isopropyl alcohol W292907
Fermentation
is a metabolic process that produces chemical changes in organic substrates through the action of enzymes. In biochemistry, it is narrowly defined as the extraction of energy from carbohydrates in the absence of oxygen. In the context of food production, it may more broadly refer to any process in which the activity of microorganisms brings about a desirable change to a foodstuff or beverage.[1] The science of fermentation is known as zymology.

In microorganisms, fermentation is the primary means of producing ATP by the degradation of organic nutrients anaerobically.[2] Humans have used fermentation to produce foodstuffs and beverages since the Neolithic age. For example, fermentation is used for preservation in a process that produces lactic acid found in such sour foods as pickled cucumbers, kimchi, and yogurt, as well as for producing alcoholic beverages such as wine and beer. Fermentation occurs within the gastrointestinal tracts of all animals, including humans.[3]

If we pumped Isopropyl alcohol down into an existing oil field, I believe the Isopropyl alcohol will mix with the oil, thinning it out making it more fluid and easier to bump out?
And you get the alcohol back every time

Anybody agree or maybe or no way?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yet another estimation of end-oil.

Won't global warming render much of the planet uninhabitable long before we run out of oil?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yet another estimation of end-oil.

Won't global warming render much of the planet uninhabitable long before we run out of oil?
Unfortunately no. Though the date of warming will increase and be worse at its peak if we do not stop soon. The problem with carbon dioxide is that it takes much more than decades to remove it from the atmosphere. Even if we quit now temperatures will continue to rise until the end of the centurycentury, and then some.

Audie

Veteran Member
They have been saying the world is about
to run out of oil for at least a hundred years now.

As for the "AOC", idiots saying stupid things
are not an asset to any worthy cause.

That kinda goes for less-noted persons
who make pronouncements as to what
"will" happen whether it is resource
depletion, or climate change, when the
do in fact not know.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course when Trump does it, it's a "lie".
When OAC does it, she's "inspiring us".

It is endless and hate driven when Trump does it, and based on inflating his own ego. OAC needs a strong dose of reality to make her a complete politician. In the video she mentioned people "sleeping in their cars". I know some people like that. They are not sleeping in their cars because of a U.S. distopia, they are sleeping in their cars because they are drug addicts and treatment is something that they do not want to go through. Very very few of the homeless are that way for economic reasons alone. Almost all of them are drug addicts, mentally ill, or both.

sooda

Veteran Member
New estimates of worldwide crude oil reserves total 1.651 trillion bbl
(1,651,000,000,000)
https://tinyurl.com/ycvg5odz

In 2010, global crude oil demand was 86.4 million barrels per day.
86,400,000,000x365=315360000000000000
Daily global crude oil demand 2006-2018 | Statistic

1,651,000,000,000/315360000000000000=19 years left

My math might be off but it looks like, at current rate of consumption all the known oil reserves will be used up in 19 years.

If the numbers are correct, we need to act now before it is too late !!
Any suggestions?

An oil reserve is an economic measurement not a measurement of gallons or barrels.

sooda

Veteran Member
Perhaps someday we'll run out of some resource or other, but I've been reading about "peak oil" for far to long to take it seriously. The world is moving away from petroleum as some have already noted. I support efforts to use more renewable resources for many reasons including climate change, pollution etc.

Peak oil was a political position.. it was propaganda. Domestic producers couldn't compete with cheap oil from the Middle East so they had to sell the idea that we were running out to allow MORE foreign imports which was controlled by the Texas Railroad Commission.. Peak oil caused hysterical laughter when Hubbert presented his paper in 1956.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is endless and hate driven when Trump does it, and based on inflating his own ego. OAC needs a strong dose of reality to make her a complete politician. In the video she mentioned people "sleeping in their cars". I know some people like that. They are not sleeping in their cars because of a U.S. distopia, they are sleeping in their cars because they are drug addicts and treatment is something that they do not want to go through. Very very few of the homeless are that way for economic reasons alone. Almost all of them are drug addicts, mentally ill, or both.
If she wallowed in accuracy, she'd be less inspiring.