• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

World Crisis and The Pathway to Peace

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The world is passing through very turbulent times. The global economic crisis continues to manifest newer and graver dangers almost every week. The similarities to the period just before the Second World War continue to be cited and it seems clear that events are moving the world at an unprecedented pace towards a horrific Third World War.

Does one agree to it, please? Regards

I believe there is enough valid Prophecy to indicate that mankind will bring upon themselves a catastrophic correction. Early Biblical Prophecies say that it could be 2/3 of humanity, whereas Revelation says in verse 9:15 "15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind."

Other passages say 1/3 of the earth in various ways, I have read much about this in some Baha'i Scriptures as well.

In the end no one really knows how or if this will unfold, so we just have to learn to Love each other and find our common grounds for unity.

May peace be upon you and all people.

Jumi

Not old enough to remember the Cold War, huh?
We are fast moving back to that though ever since Obama's second term. Media and politicians don't want the West and Russia to talk, but instead to force the other. It's quite funny that some would even have all discussions fail if Trump is involved in it, just to see him fail regardless of the consequences for the world.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe there is enough valid Prophecy to indicate that mankind will bring upon themselves a catastrophic correction. Early Biblical Prophecies say that it could be 2/3 of humanity, whereas Revelation says in verse 9:15 "15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind."

Other passages say 1/3 of the earth in various ways, I have read much about this in some Baha'i Scriptures as well.

In the end no one really knows how or if this will unfold, so we just have to learn to Love each other and find our common grounds for unity.

So, we should all get together to save humanity from the perils of a WW3.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
All of which relates to past circumstance, not to hypothetical future circumstance. Could you garantee no one would go to war against an Ahmadi society? There are probably fanatical people that would love to do so.
We are already persecuted in many countries but we have never reacted with violence.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
From the Ahmadiyya website https://www.alislam.org/quran/5:33
"The reward of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive to create disorder in the land is only this that they be slain or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on alternate sides, or they be expelled from the land... Except those who repent before you have them in your power."
I couldn't find an Ahmadi exposition for this verse, but according to their own website this verse reads that acceptable punishments include crucifixion, and cutting of the hand and foot on opposite sides.

Hence my question concerning how an Ahmadi society intends to treat non-repentant POWs.
Please quote the verse together with the verses in the context, some verses preceding and some verses following for correct understanding of it.

Regards

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
Please quote the verse with the verses in the context, some verses preceding and some verses following for correct understanding of it.

Regards
Repeating extra words around it won’t magically inform me of what you think it means.
Regards :)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, we should all get together to save humanity from the perils of a WW3.
Regards

I see that is imperitive. I have seen it written, "that the peace and security of mankind is unattainable, unless and until its unity is firmly established".

I also like it that those quotes are not mine, as I just quote from the religious scriptures of the world. That quote being from Baha'u'llah.

May peace always be with you and all.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Hello. Just an observation: you are reading Revelation wrong. It is not about some apocalyptic future.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The world is passing through very turbulent times.
I think so. The biggest current change is AI. Here in the states it is changing both manufacturing and service. Warfare is changing. The stock markets are, because fuzzy software makes trade decisions at eye blinking speeds. We are once again about to be dumfounded as tech again transforms our way of life. It is as if we live in the days of horses, because we may see that much change. You know for centuries writers have talked about robotics but never seen it. Today it is part of our world. Forget about war, because this may change all. Once again we do not know anything. It is the new automobile, airplane, submarine, the new house building farming thing. It is a factory that comes to you. Even a war is insignificant compared to such a change.

The global economic crisis continues to manifest newer and graver dangers almost every week.
That is true, but it has always been true. Look at what happened to Greece and Spain.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The world is passing through very turbulent times.
I think so. The biggest current change is AI. Here in the states it is changing both manufacturing and service. Warfare is changing. The stock markets are, because fuzzy software makes trade decisions at eye blinking speeds. We are once again about to be dumfounded as tech again transforms our way of life. It is as if we live in the days of horses, because we may see that much change. You know for centuries writers have talked about robotics but never seen it. Today it is part of our world. Forget about war, because this may change all. Once again we do not know anything. It is the new automobile, airplane, submarine, the new house building farming thing. It is a factory that comes to you. Even a war is would not change things so much.

The global economic crisis continues to manifest newer and graver dangers almost every week.
That is true, but it has always been true. Look at what happened to Greece and Spain.

Rational Agnostic

The world is passing through very turbulent times. The global economic crisis continues to manifest newer and graver dangers almost every week. The similarities to the period just before the Second World War continue to be cited and it seems clear that events are moving the world at an unprecedented pace towards a horrific Third World War.

Does one agree to it,please?

Regards

I think the key to preventing a third World War (which would be unimaginably catastrophic) is making sure that the major superpowers of the world (United States, Russia, and China) are allies. This means putting aside idealogical differences for the greater good.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The US has demonstrated it can for decades. It is called power projection. Iraq 1+2 and Afghanistan are the recent examples.
Iraq and Afghanistan are object lessons in tge fact the US CANNOT, in fact, fight a global scale conventional war. Power projection is something else.

Shad

Veteran Member
Iraq and Afghanistan are object lessons in tge fact the US CANNOT, in fact, fight a global scale conventional war. Power projection is something else.

You have no idea what power projection is. Being in Iraq and Afghanistan demonstrates power projection.

The US was crippled by counter productive RoE and a weak population that can not stomach war. This happened with 2 of 3 invasions.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello. Just an observation: you are reading Revelation wrong. It is not about some apocalyptic future.

It is not my way of looking at Revelation, as I have found the Messengers of God are the only reliable source of understanding. Thus I only quote ideas from all the worlds religious writings in a sumerised form. I in no way wish to push the source of those quotes on to any person.

I will give the source of those previous thoughts to anyone that asks or is interested.

Peace be upon you and all people.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It is not my way of looking at Revelation, as I have found the Messengers of God are the only reliable source of understanding. Thus I only quote ideas from all the worlds religious writings in a sumerised form. I in no way wish to push the source of those quotes on to any person.
I will give the source of those previous thoughts to anyone that asks or is interested.
Peace be upon you and all people.

Most of the world's religions can trace their religious ideas back to non-biblical ancient Babylon.
Whereas, with Jesus' teachings they come from based on the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Jesus let us know at Matthew 7:21-23 that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false.
So, the ideas from Christendom ( apostate Christianity ) often do Not match Scripture.
True, Revelation does forewarn us that a ' great tribulation ' is coming as per Revelation 7:14.
However, Revelation's grand climax is about 'healing' for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2.
Mankind on Earth will see the return of the Genesis 'tree of life' for the healing of earth's nations.
That healing will be due to Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushering in global Peace on Earth for persons of goodwill.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most of the world's religions can trace their religious ideas back to non-biblical ancient Babylon.
Whereas, with Jesus' teachings they come from based on the old Hebrew Scriptures.
Jesus let us know at Matthew 7:21-23 that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false.
So, the ideas from Christendom ( apostate Christianity ) often do Not match Scripture.
True, Revelation does forewarn us that a ' great tribulation ' is coming as per Revelation 7:14.
However, Revelation's grand climax is about 'healing' for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2.
Mankind on Earth will see the return of the Genesis 'tree of life' for the healing of earth's nations.
That healing will be due to Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushering in global Peace on Earth for persons of goodwill.

In your opinion of the quoted bible passages. :)

But I see Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah clearly foretold in those same texts. Understanding that the 1260 of Revelation, is also the 1260 and 1844 foretold of by Daniel was a remarkable thing to find out.

Peace be upon you always.