• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Words speak louder than actions

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
But it says our words are "louder" than actions not in "in place" of actions. If a mother is bedridden her whole life, what other way can she express her love but through her words.
IMHO:

That is not the point
Words can be spoken but not meant/felt
It's about the real feeling when uttering words
So many people say "I love you", but how many feel LOVE?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
IMHO:

That is not the point
Words can be spoken but not meant/felt
It's about the real feeling when uttering words
So many people say "I love you", but how many feel LOVE?

It's both. Words help clarify what the feelings are. Your feeling of love may be my feeling of uneasiness. For example, if someone hugged me out of love, I would feel uneasy. That person, may of course, mean love but my brain wouldn't be able to process that without some interpretation and context and to many that context comes in words/in language.

What you're saying is almost as if love is universal and by acting in love everyone would "get it". The universal truth of love is not universal. People do need language (and not as a tool but as part of the expression) and action to know what love is. While I think this is cultural, I think many people assume love is universal and everyone has an underlining feeling of love. A "creator-mindset".

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What you're saying is almost as if love is universal and by acting in love everyone would "get it".
No, I did not say that. I said the opposite. You should feel it if you say it. Feeling is personal, subjective. Go with your feeling. Be true to that.

MNoBody

Words and feelings are interrelated. Language is just as powerful as actions.
of course it is, just in its own style
with language one can convince others to do what they want them to, which in some cases is quite devious even.
probably why spells don't work if one doesn't get the wording just so [according to those tropes]

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Actually, actions speak louder than words can be just on the same level of wisdom as words speak louder than actions. Though, more emphasis is put on the former than the latter. Growing up as a child this was always the case. I was taken care of medical wise, and so forth. Of course actions are a sign of love. But when you're a child and you're only "seeing actions" you don't know how to interpret that as love just the act of being taken care of. When babies are infants, the child reacts to their mother's tone of voice. They say talk to the child when they are growing in the mother's womb. Something about what's said and how sooths the child. It's the same vis versa. When there is negativity in the words, actions become distorted. "My mother is doing this for me but she never says she loves me" type of thing.

Interestingly enough I found this online.
Words Are More Powerful Than Physical Actions | BIZCATALYST 360°.

I don't know

You realize that words are made up by human's, that each human understands the words they see differently. You see this a lot while debating. Also words are skipped and forgotten. A bullet that goes into your chest is going to cause damage and no one is going to misunderstand that damage.

You have the ability to put more value to the words you understand but that is not real hurt that is you hurting yourself. You can very well live a life without ever understanding a word but you can't if you are physically bound or acted. If you understand this then you wouldn't let words hurt you.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
You realize that words are made up by human's, that each human understands the words they see differently. You see this a lot while debating. Also words are skipped and forgotten. A bullet that goes into your chest is going to cause damage and no one is going to misunderstand that damage.

You have the ability to put more value to the words you understand but that is not real hurt that is you hurting yourself. You can very well live a life without ever understanding a word but you can't if you are physically bound or acted. If you understand this then you wouldn't let words hurt you.

Words are communication driven. If you tie a Deaf person's hands together, without those words (that form of communication), then they wouldn't get much across since ASL has many facets and context in addition to the signs. Same as any language.

You can live a rotten life in the words you live with are degrading in nature. Tone of voice is part of word communication. Facial expression and body language (gestures, et cetera). You can live a life without literal words but without some form of communication, even in childhood, no. We may not survive without human to human communication whatever language that may be.

MNoBody

just look how words have inflamed the world and have people running scared....much ado about nothing for the most part.