• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wondering About Different Religions

allfoak

Alchemist
What about a philosophical experience? [emoji848]

I suppose i should not be so quick to judge and admit that the limit of experience is only limited to the individual and the experience they desire.
Everyone here has a different experience.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Terese: Thanks. I think it's a bit overwhelming. Looking through the different sub forums, there are so many listed. It's hard to know where to begin. Is there a forum where I can get a variety of religious views on a topic?
Well what beliefs do you harbour right now? Pantheism? Polytheism? Animism? Will Christianity spice up your life?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

We're having a feast, so join us....
th

Mindmaster

Premium Member
So I think I was here before, not sure. Looking forward to checking things out. Any suggestions for someone wanting to learn about different religions?

You ever read something like like The Golden Bough? That book is great for gaining a comparative understanding of religion. Maybe, just surf the pagan/whatever sections to get a taste. Really, there are lot of folks here. :)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Welcome aboard :D

You can try the Seekers' section. I think things will be taken more serious there.

Enjoy your stay in RF :)

Last edited:

Spockrates

Wonderer.
I suppose i should not be so quick to judge and admit that the limit of experience is only limited to the individual and the experience they desire.
Everyone here has a different experience.

You didn't seem judge mental to me. So is not experience also limited by what one doesn't desire? I mean there are things I've experienced that I would rather have not. Desire, in such cases, fails to limit.

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Well what beliefs do you harbour right now? Pantheism? Polytheism? Animism? Will Christianity spice up your life?

I have spent a good deal of time studying Christianity from Catholic and non-Catholic perspectives. I have read all of the Qu'ran, but have not studied it. I have read all of the Socratic dialogs, and am impressed by the Father of Philosophy, his method of inquiry into spiritual matters, and wonder about his so easily accepting the ideas of reincarnation. His idea that there must be one God who is wiser than all other gods appears a logical inference to me.

allfoak

Alchemist
You didn't seem judge mental to me. So is not experience also limited by what one doesn't desire? I mean there are things I've experienced that I would rather have not. Desire, in such cases, fails to limit.

Desire is what motivates.

If i desire to be adept at what i do then i must fulfill this desire by learning through experience.
I may hit my thumb a few times before i become an adept but i will succeed if i persist.
The desire that motivates does not determine the experience necessary in order to fulfill the desire.
There are often many, many factors involved in the fulfillment of a desire.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I have spent a good deal of time studying Christianity from Catholic and non-Catholic perspectives. I have read all of the Qu'ran, but have not studied it. I have read all of the Socratic dialogs, and am impressed by the Father of Philosophy, his method of inquiry into spiritual matters, and wonder about his so easily accepting the ideas of reincarnation. His idea that there must be one God who is wiser than all other gods appears a logical inference to me.
:O What is this 'Father of Philosophy' that made you so impressed?

Spockrates

Wonderer.
You ever read something like like The Golden Bough? That book is great for gaining a comparative understanding of religion. Maybe, just surf the pagan/whatever sections to get a taste. Really, there are lot of folks here. :)

Thanks for the recommendation

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Desire is what motivates.

If i desire to be adept at what i do then i must fulfill this desire by learning through experience.
I may hit my thumb a few times before i become an adept but i will succeed if i persist.
The desire that motivates does not determine the experience necessary in order to fulfill the desire.
There are often many, many factors involved in the fulfillment of a desire.

Agreed. Desire motivates me to do. What helps me decide what to do?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Define believe. I have always thought that God exists, though I'm unsure how to define God. If that's what you mean by believe, then yes I do.

Do you believe God can be more than one or just one?

What i mean by "believe" is your opinion according to your understanding.