• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wondering About Different Religions

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey! Why don't you dig in? There are many religions available! Just go for it!

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
So I think I was here before, not sure. Looking forward to checking things out. Any suggestions for someone wanting to learn about different religions?

This Forums is more about clarification, testing hypothesis. It is mostly opinions of people that have studied various amounts of different religions. If you want to learn about a religion you should go to official sites and study their holy books.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
So I think I was here before, not sure. Looking forward to checking things out. Any suggestions for someone wanting to learn about different religions?
  1. Go to your local public library
  2. Check out every single book they have about that religion
  3. Devour said books
  4. Rinse and repeat for other religions
Then, if you want to get serious:
  1. Go to the library at your nearest public university
  3. Devour said books
Research 101, really. Just make sure you couple all this with an understanding of source materials and what is and is not a good source for some particular purpose.

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Hey! Why don't you dig in? There are many religions available! Just go for it!

Terese: Thanks. I think it's a bit overwhelming. Looking through the different sub forums, there are so many listed. It's hard to know where to begin. Is there a forum where I can get a variety of religious views on a topic?

Spockrates

Wonderer.
This Forums is more about clarification, testing hypothesis. It is mostly opinions of people that have studied various amounts of different religions. If you want to learn about a religion you should go to official sites and study their holy books.

Thanks. My thought is I need to save time by having thoughtful discussions with a variety of religious minds. This seems a good place to start, though I might go to another site if I find a religion I'm interested in studying more in depth.

Spockrates

Wonderer.
  1. Go to your local public library
  3. Devour said books
Then, if you want to get serious:
  1. Go to the library at your nearest public university
  3. Devour said books
Research 101, really. Just make sure you couple all this with an understanding of source materials and what is and is not a good source for some particular purpose.

Wait! What? People still go to libraries?

allfoak

Alchemist
As @bobhikes said previously

Forums like this are more of a psychological experience than a study experience.
Unless it is yourself that you are studying.

quote-study-yourself-find-your-strong-points-and-make-them-stronger-as-well-as-your-weak-ones-william-walker-atkinson-96-17-35.jpg

Covellite

Ask yourself why do you consider changing your religion.
If you are already a Christian, I guess you are familiar with your religion, more then with other one.
Maybe some others seems more exciting and promising. We should give and expect nothing in return.
You can be wonderful, divine human being as a Christian, too.

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Ask yourself why do you consider changing your religion.
If you are already a Christian, I guess you are familiar with your religion, more then with other one.
Maybe some others seems more exciting and promising. We should give and expect nothing in return.
You can be wonderful, divine human being as a Christian, too.

Socrates tells me why:

"I have long been wondering at my own wisdom. I cannot trust myself, and I think that I ought to stop and ask, 'What am I saying?' For there is nothing worse than self-deception, when the deceiver is always at home and always with you. It is quite terrible!"
(Cratylus)

I think it's more a matter of avoiding deception and gaining self preservation, rather than looking for excitement. Though I do enjoy learning new things from others more insightful and experienced than myself.

[emoji846]