• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wondering About Different Religions

popsthebuilder

So I think I was here before, not sure. Looking forward to checking things out. Any suggestions for someone wanting to learn about different religions?
Stick to core scriptures. Keep an opened mind and do not be biased or have preconceptions. Know that there is ultimately One Creator GOD, and all else is subservient to it it some way. Inner honesty, instinct and the selfless conscience are things to strive for at all times but most assuredly when studying Faith. Understand that though all religions are seemingly different and at odds with one another, most are all simply different references to the same creative force or GOD. There will be things you read that strike an inner cord within your heart. You will know them when you come across them. These things are universal truths that permeate life.

Lastly, check your motives and reasons often that you don't get off course. Humility, peace, giving without want; these are things to keep in mind. Good luck,

Peace

Spockrates

Wonderer.
Stick to core scriptures. Keep an opened mind and do not be biased or have preconceptions. Know that there is ultimately One Creator GOD, and all else is subservient to it it some way. Inner honesty, instinct and the selfless conscience are things to strive for at all times but most assuredly when studying Faith. Understand that though all religions are seemingly different and at odds with one another, most are all simply different references to the same creative force or GOD. There will be things you read that strike an inner cord within your heart. You will know them when you come across them. These things are universal truths that permeate life.

Lastly, check your motives and reasons often that you don't get off course. Humility, peace, giving without want; these are things to keep in mind. Good luck,

Peace

Thanks for the advice, pops.

popsthebuilder

Thanks for the advice, pops.
You're welcome.

All monotheistic Faith and Hindi teachings that I have read teach forgiveness between men. Actually up to nearly a limitless level.

Forgiveness from GOD is related to this as well as ones own forgiveness of others coupled with selfless piety goes a long way towards ones own mercy in the sight of God.

Peace

Spockrates

Wonderer.
You're welcome.

All monotheistic Faith and Hindi teachings that I have read teach forgiveness between men. Actually up to nearly a limitless level.

Forgiveness from GOD is related to this as well as ones own forgiveness of others coupled with selfless piety goes a long way towards ones own mercy in the sight of God.

Peace

Yes, but do they teach what forgiveness between men is? Exactly what things must one think, say or do to forgive? That's the question for which I'm seeking an answer in the other discussion thread.

Hello, Yes I do believe in and worship God the Father and Creator of all things without any doubt! I believe everything in the Bible is true, in Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. I also the Biblical account of the beginning of the universe and earth. I believe it all every single word. I live by the Apostle Creed. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The Word was with God in the beginning. Everything came into being through the Word, and without the Word nothing came into being. What came into being through the Word was life and the life was the light for all people. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness does not extinguish the light" John 1:1-5. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End". Revelations 22:13

What do you believe?

popsthebuilder

Yes, but do they teach what forgiveness between men is? Exactly what things must one think, say or do to forgive? That's the question for which I'm seeking an answer in the other discussion thread.
They indeed show such. If interested then reply. Or pm me and we can discuss it. No time now.

Peace

They indeed show such. If interested then reply. Or pm me and we can discuss it. No time now.

Peace
Hello,
I think forgiveness is one of the hardest thing to do. But I think of it like this. Forgiveness is not for the person that hurt you. I choose to believe it actually is for you to be free from the pain because if you hold onto the hurt or grudge, you end up feeling bitter. Then its like they are re- hurting you over and over again. Man, I held a grudge towards my husband for 6 years for all the pain he caused me. I was waiting for him to acknowledge what he did and ask, no beg for forgiveness. I realized it was never going to happen so I decided to just let it go cause it was making me miserable. He can have the pain back. Wow it felt so good

popsthebuilder

Hello,
I think forgiveness is one of the hardest thing to do. But I think of it like this. Forgiveness is not for the person that hurt you. I choose to believe it actually is for you to be free from the pain because if you hold onto the hurt or grudge, you end up feeling bitter. Then its like they are re- hurting you over and over again. Man, I held a grudge towards my husband for 6 years for all the pain he caused me. I was waiting for him to acknowledge what he did and ask, no beg for forgiveness. I realized it was never going to happen so I decided to just let it go cause it was making me miserable. He can have the pain back. Wow it felt so good
It seems to be two sided or reciprocal to me. Forgiveness allows for ease of ones own mind. This, in itself, allows for the opportunity for new, productive, mutually beneficial thought processes or conclusions. Being forgiving has indirect effects too as it is witnessed, at least on some level, and can be learned from or seen as beneficial or generally right, depending on the individual's perception.
Good things produce more good. Just like only negativity can come from negative things. Mercy is an attribute that is key to peaceable advancement of all life. Forgiveness is a form of mercy. It is stated repeatedly in many texts that ones who exude mercy will receive mercy. And this can be seen in day to day life in many scenarios.

Conversely; I feel that "forgiving" someone strictly with the thought of attaining peace for self while still, almost grudgingly letting the other keep or have the pain doesn't really seem like forgiveness.

I actually have trouble with forgiveness in minor ways, but it seems to be with repeat repeat offenders, or those who breed contempt and disregard due to pride or fear.

Pretty sure I'm ranting. I'm really tired.

There is no ultimately negative effect due to forgiveness. It is wholly good.

Peace

popsthebuilder

Forgiveness and mercy aren't really beliefs as they are observably benefitial to existence.

People think greed(want for personal attainment) and pride are good traits, but they actually cause a scewed perception of reality. Look at social creatures and altruism. Not exactly equivalent to forgiveness but says something for mercy and helping others for the benefit and/ or advancement of all.

I'm done.
Good night.

Peace