• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonder Why The IRS Revised Their New Job Posting

esmith

Veteran Member
Seems that the IRS deleted a section of their new job posting.
From:IRS Deletes Job Posting Seeking Applicants Willing to ‘Use Deadly Force’ | National Review
The “Major Duties” listed in the job description included “a level of fitness necessary to effectively respond to life-threatening situations on the job,” and being “willing and able to participate in arrests, execution of search warrants, and other dangerous assignments.”

It also included a requirement of carrying “a firearm and be willing to use deadly force, if necessary.”
The last section of the above was deleted.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Seems that the IRS deleted a section of their new job posting.
From:IRS Deletes Job Posting Seeking Applicants Willing to ‘Use Deadly Force’ | National Review

The last section of the above was deleted.

Like I stated before. Authoritarianism is an ongoing trend now.

Could either of you explain to me why this is a bad thing? If you think it is a bad thing? How does an unarmed accountant lead to authoritarianism? I honestly don’t get this?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Could either of you explain to me why this is a bad thing? If you think it is a bad thing? How does an unarmed accountant lead to authoritarianism? I honestly don’t get this?
Apparently the posting requires an armed position with a conscious objection exclusion.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Not when it requires a willingness to kill someone over taxes.
Right!

The willingness to kill over taxes sounds like authoritarianism to me. But that is the part that has changed. Now at least some IRS agents will not be packing heat. The willingness to use deadly force part is the part that got deleted. It is good that they deleted that.

Right?

Twilight Hue

Right!

The willingness to kill over taxes sounds like authoritarianism to me. But that is the part that has changed. Now at least some IRS agents will not be packing heat. The willingness to use deadly force part is the part that got deleted. It is good that they deleted that.

Right?
Yes. But the question remains as to why it was put there in the first place?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Twilight Hue

I hear that the increasing deployment/employment IRS agents will now outnumber the entire Israeli army.

New IRS will have 'more soldiers than the entire Israeli army' - Sen. Kennedy

Also Tulsi Gabbards tweet on the matter....

Tulsi Gabbard
@TulsiGabbard

·
Follow
Biden’s big spending bill takes $80B of OUR money to hire more IRS agents ... to take more of OUR money and snoop on what we share on Venmo/Cash apps. They're not going after the wealthy. They're coming for small businesses, entrepreneurs, and hardworking Americans.
2:57 PM · Aug 9, 2022

Last edited:

esmith

Veteran Member
I hear that the increasing deployment/employment IRS agents will now outnumber the entire Israeli army.

New IRS will have 'more soldiers than the entire Israeli army' - Sen. Kennedy

Biden’s big spending bill takes $80B of OUR money to hire more IRS agents ... to take more of OUR money and snoop on what we share on Venmo/Cash apps. They're not going after the wealthy. They're coming for small businesses, entrepreneurs, and hardworking Americans.
2:57 PM · Aug 9, 2022
Well according to Rep. Richard Neal of Massachusetts the Democrats will raise taxes on everyone if they keep the House.
Maybe that's why they want all these IRS agents
Democrat promises more taxes if the party stays in power: report

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
CO-OWNER OF THE JEWISH MOTHER FOLLOWS THE SENATE HEARING ON IRS WITH RELISH

This happened in the Newport News area where I used to live. An honest restaurant on the oceanfront named The Jewish Mother was raided, just because. The IRS came in one day, guns brandished, frightening everyone including the customers, took every file cabinet in the place, closed the restaurant down. No money was coming in. No explanation was given. The IRS was simply putting the restaurant on hold until it finished its audit.

Interesting that nobody could hold the IRS people responsible isn't it?

Jewish Mother in Virginia Beach closes, for good

A "disgruntled employee" fabricated some allegations, and this led to the trouble. Basically the IRS can come in with stormtroopers at any time, shut down any business, give no explanations for days or weeks.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Brady predicts massive audits on middle class.

Which Americans Are Most Likely to be Audited by IRS Under 'Inflation Reduction Act'?

Why else would such a humongous increase in agents, if it's not to go after millions of Americans without prejudice?

There's absolutely no sane reason to hire so many otherwise.
Time for a reality check.
This money being added to the IRS is over the next 10 years. It is not being given to them now. The number of new hires also means over the next 10 years. No where does it say the new hires will all be auditors, some will be, some will be it (eye tea), some will be customer service, some will be administration etc. So you will not have a new army of auditors coming at you next tax time. Chill.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This money being added to the IRS is over the next 10 years. It is not being given to them now. The number of new hires also means over the next 10 years. No where does it say the new hires will all be auditors, some will be, some will be it (eye tea), some will be customer service, some will be administration etc. So you will not have a new army of auditors coming at you next tax time. Chill.
The IRS is in the business of processing returns,
auditing taxpayers, collecting money, & seizing
assets. If they add an employee, it's for these
porpoises. In the experience of others & me,
this means great expense coping with IRS errors
& audits.
Of course they need enuf employees to do an
essential job. But they're pretty bad at it & very
grasping...using a byzantine code that is quite
difficult to figure out, & has many interpretations.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Brady predicts massive audits on middle class.

Which Americans Are Most Likely to be Audited by IRS Under 'Inflation Reduction Act'?

Why else would such a humongous increase in agents, if it's not to go after millions of Americans without prejudice?

There's absolutely no sane reason to hire so many otherwise.
If you hate the idea of a tax collection agency having armed agents with arrest powers, just wait until you find out about this other tax collection agency's armed agents with arrest powers:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you hate the idea of a tax collection agency having armed agents with arrest powers, just wait until you find out about this other tax collection agency's armed agents with arrest powers:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Border patrol agents have powers that extend hundreds
of miles from the border. (It's ostensibly 100 miles from
the border, but "border" doesn't mean quite what one
would think...the entire states of MI, ME, VT, NH, FL
& some others are included. Anyone there at any time
can be stopped & challenged to provide one's "papers"
to prove citizenship. I say **** them.

In this news coverage of one such interaction, it's
fascinating that the news media perspective is that
we should just be respectful & give in because it's
the border patrol's job. No concern for our 4th
Amendment rights.
Note that if you don't expressly invoke your 5th
Amendment right to refuse answering questions,
your silence can be used against you in court.

Twilight Hue

This money being added to the IRS is over the next 10 years. It is not being given to them now. The number of new hires also means over the next 10 years. No where does it say the new hires will all be auditors, some will be, some will be it, some will be customer service, some will be administration etc. So you will not have a new army of auditor coming at you next tax time. Chill.

Well in that case the adage time will tell.