• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonder Why The IRS Revised Their New Job Posting

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I dealt with them on a daily basis and they don't collect taxes.

It's called duty in that universe.
Tax, duty, civil forfeiture, fines, tickets, citations …

All money belongs to the government, they just let you use it for a short time. They will get it back eventually.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Notice the fear and paranoia with these RW media stories. They want their voters scared to death.
Does any of this armed IRS agent have to do with self defense?

wellwisher

Currently the IRS hires lots of part time people during tax time. The rest of the year you need fewer employees. Why the need to increase the number the full time employees at expense for the tax payer? This is how monarchies grow government to control people.

This is part of an on going scam to shift Constitutional power to unelected officials, who then become secret agents of those in powers. Those in power can act as silent partners for plausible deniability. But they all drink the same Kool-aid. We may need to place job quotas so half of the IRS positions are filled by Republicans and half by Democrats for checks and balance. Lopsided hiring will be a sign of monarchies trying to form.

The Supreme Court may need to place some shackles on the IRS, and require those in power; Congress, accept more responsibility for their silent neglect and crimes. The EPA lost a fang.

The job description of Deadly force was interesting. What came to my mind was Al Capone. Al Capone was a mob boss in Chicago who made a lot of money in the black market. He was untouchable in terms of his violent gang crimes, but he was finally brought to justice, by the IRS on a tax charge. The black market is very lucrative and does not pay taxes. There may be a power play planned, not to clean up the cities, but get taxes from criminals and gangs.

There are also those who hire illegals and pay them off the books. This is common in many of the trades as well as with smaller subcontractors. The IRS may require all illegals and all subs to be on the books so taxes are filed. Businesses that hire such people may be subject to inspections. This may cause unemployment so that the taxes gained are lost due to increased socials spending.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If the IRS uses the staff & money to upgrade their
system's ability to accurately process returns, I'd
be OK with a budget & staff increase.
But if they're arming agents with guns, I'm skeptical.
Attacks by CPAs? They're all Casper Milquetoasts!

There's a paywall here, but the article describes
the hideously antiquated unreliable system they
currently use...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/interactive/2022/irs-pipeline-tax-return-delays/

IRS agents fire their guns more often by accident
than intentionally.
The Gun-Toting IRS

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Notice the fear and paranoia with these RW media stories. They want their voters scared to death.
I think it's interesting that the alternative to stuff like this is a right-wing boogeyman as well: a proper national police force.

If they don't want a single national police force that's the one law enforcement agency for federal crimes, then this is what you get: a weird patchwork of overlapping jurisdictions where all sorts of agencies - including ones that most people wouldn't think of as law enforcement agencies, like the IRS - each have their own agents enforcing their own narrow slice of federal criminal law.

But why are people reacting as if this is new? Hasn't this been going on basically forever? I mean, the people who got Al Capone - Eliot Ness and his men - were Treasury Board agents, and that was nearly a century ago.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Big government. It's there for only one reason.

More power and control.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Republicans are crying about this because more corporations are going to be held accountable.
They couldn't care less about you.
I'm sure that will become wholeheartedly apparent as middle class taxes rise even further to pay for all this stuff.