• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winter/Warming-up Food!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you have in winter when you want to warm up? It can be anything from a snack or a small meal to a large one.

I like spicy noodles. Soup is also one of my favorites. I usually eat slowly, so some food that can make others sweat if they eat it fast doesn't affect me as much. Soup never fails to warm up my body, though. :D

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I find myself eating quite a bit more soup as meals. Progresso lentil soup (after I add a generous amount of red chili powder and a bit of turmeric) is one of my favorites, but I have also recently discovered Gardein Chick'n Noodl' and Gardein Chick'n & Rice.

I bought some vegetable broth and corn starch yesterday, so I'm going to try my hand at some homemade egg drop soup as well this week.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Depends comfort food... Caserole, Beef Bourgonion, warm apple pie with warm custard. Spiced pumpkin soup

A bit of spice, Moroccan stew, thai fish curry, korma curry, pasta arrabiata.

A bit more spice, hotter curries, chilli.

I once tried a phall, i won't be having another.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I find myself eating quite a bit more soup as meals. Progresso lentil soup (after I add a generous amount of red chili powder and a bit of turmeric) is one of my favorites, but I have also recently discovered Gardein Chick'n Noodl' and Gardein Chick'n & Rice.

I bought some vegetable broth and corn starch yesterday, so I'm going to try my hand at some homemade egg drop soup as well this week.

Lentil soup is amazing! It's so effective for turning the heat up, too. :p

(I approve of the chili powder. Chili makes almost anything tastier.)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends comfort food... Caserole, Beef Bourgonion, warm apple pie with warm custard. Spiced pumpkin soup

A bit of spice, Moroccan stew, thai fish curry, korma curry, pasta arrabiata.

A bit more spice, hotter curries, chilli.

I once tried a phall, i won't be having another.

Apple pie. Yummy! So is curry, but it is even yummier. :D

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
1701010076599.png

Perfect for mixing in hot chocolate or eggnog!

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you have in winter when you want to warm up? It can be anything from a snack or a small meal to a large one.

I like spicy noodles. Soup is also one of my favorites. I usually eat slowly, so some food that can make others sweat if they eat it fast doesn't affect me as much. Soup never fails to warm up my body, though. :D
What's a good spicy noodle recipe?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Soup, stew, and chili are my main food go to's to warm up. And Japanese style curry as well.

I'm also partial to hot coffee and hot tea during the winter months. Herbal Floral teas are my favorite so that I keep Spring and her warmth in mind.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Soup, stew, and chili are my main food go to's to warm up. And Japanese style curry as well.

Chili and curry seem to be popular in this thread so far, and I completely approve!

I'm also partial to hot coffee and hot tea during the winter months. Herbal Floral teas are my favorite so that I keep Spring and her warmth in mind.

I'm partial to hot coffee and hot tea during the entire year. :D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Congee. Chinese comfort food. I am sure that if you make rice a lot you know that two cups of water for one cup of rice is a bit too much. Well what about four cups? Or eight? Okay, this recipe calls for only seven. I am going to make some turkey broth with my poor turkey carcass. Some will probably become gumbo. And some will become congee:

Vegans can use vegetable stock. And a few extras are needed at the end. Green onion, a touch of toasted sesame oil. Ooh, definitely some fresh ginger. And a favorite protein if you want to. It is an empty canvas that you can do so much with. But even with just some sesame oil, ginger, and green onions it is very satisfying.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Lately my 'go to' on a cold day has been jazzed hash browns. Fry a coupla onions and a red pepper with mustard seed, curry leaves, lotsa black pepper, and some dried chili flakes. In the meantime, microwave a coupla potatoes, and then try to slice them in cubes without burning your tender fingers. Mix the cubes in with the already fried pepper and onions. Top it with ketchup, salsa, or if you're into more healthy, diced tomato.

I used to be a soup guy, but that's too much work. This is easier, and I'm a lazy old man.

Last edited: